Everyone is here, who are you most looking forward to playing

Optionally, structure your list as a team of four for each route. For example, here's mine.

Scarlet Blaze

Ferdinand - one of my favorite 3H characters and a definite main. Looks really fun to play. Maybe he'll be a viable base healer as Holy Knight.

Hubert - really digging his goth Roy Mustang vibe.

Bernadetta - one of my favorite 3H characters.

Yuri - One of my franchise favorites, and I feel like he's best on a team with Bernie-bear.

Alt. - Linhardt - If Ferdinand or Hubert can't base heal, swap out Hubert for Linhardt. Also, he's a personal favorite.

Azure Gleam

Dimitri - Fire Emblem's own Dragoon. Let's freakin go.

Felix - I am the storm that is approaching!!!

Hapi - my favorite female character in the entire franchise. Hopefully she'll also be able to base heal and free up a team slot.

Dedue - may use him as a base defender in lieu of a healer.

Golden Wildfire

Claude - really dig his redesign, and really like him as a character. (Even if I feel like Yuri is Claude 2.0 in many ways).

Balthus - so glad I don't have to play Raphael to fully enjoy the moveset. If he's a war monk, I may even use him as a base defender.

Lorenz - I really like the foppish fool.

Marianne - designated base healer.

1 hour ago, Kliss1988 said:

I heard that Manuela and Jeritza join BE. Rodrigue and Gilbert join BL and Shamir has joined GD so far (from what I've gathered on other forums). Also I saw a review say "recruiting enemy commanders" So thats a thing

Can confirm that Shamir joins Deer in the demo.

From my experience doing Azure Gleam, Dimitri, Felix, Shez, and Ingrid are the most enjoyable to me. Mages and Archers I have a harder time, but I getting better at them.

Just now, OutcastsofRelix said:

What about Hanneman and that one Almyran kid?

Hanneman seems to go with Eagles but doesn't join during the first main section. No idea on Cyril.

This is actually my first warriors game, so going off of gameplay I have no idea what to expect. My favorite characters to play as in the demo so far are the sword ones, since I like how fast they move around (which is just Shez and Petra so far, but probably Felix when I get around to Blue Lions). The axe wielders (Edelgard and Caspar) are fine enough, but I’m not finding it as fun to play as slower characters, and magic is tricky to figure out. I had no idea what I was doing the one time I used a bow as Claude in the beginning and the lance users I’ve played as (Ferdinand and Dimitri) didn’t feel that distinct, looking back on it.

But as far as who I’m most looking forward to playing, that would really just end up as my favorite characters from each house. I’ll throw in Seteth and Byleth, because neither is confirmed to be playable, and Seteth is one of my favorite Three Houses characters, while Byleth’s role in the story intrigues me, so them being playable would be cool.

4 hours ago, OutcastsofRelix said:

What about Hanneman and that one Almyran kid?

Hanneman joins with the Eagles but stays behind in the timeskip chapter of them we get to play to guard the bridge into the alliance along with one of those imperial generals who barely get any screen time in Crimson Flower. Ladislava, I think?

7 hours ago, Kliss1988 said:

I heard that Manuela and Jeritza join BE. Rodrigue and Gilbert join BL and Shamir has joined GD so far (from what I've gathered on other forums). Also I saw a review say "recruiting enemy commanders" So thats a thing

Yes, can confirm Manuela and Jeritza join in BE. So does Monica, which I’m guessing doesn’t happen in the other routes, or at least not at the beginning.

Edited by Sooks

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Yes, can confirm Manuela and Jeritza join in BE. So does Monica, which I’m guessing doesn’t happen in the other routes, or at least not at the beginning.

And I can confirm that by the end of the demo for the Deer Monica doesn’t join.

18 hours ago, Kliss1988 said:

Rodrigue and Gilbert join BL

Only Rodrigue joins as playable in the demo, but I'll be shocked if Gilbert doesn't show up later on.

As for the topic, I am loving Sylvain's personal, and love the flexibility of mounted units as a whole. I've only played AG past the timeskip so far, so I'm the most confident in them. Wanting to shuffle around some classes (mounted Ashe, make felix a thief or brawler maybe) but not sure if that's a mistake yet.

AG - Ashe for them lockpicks, Felix cuz I dodge like a madman, Dimitri cuz he's my favourite character in FE, and Sylvain for his personal.

GW - Claude because his class looks sick, Ignatz cuz his personals are pretty, Lysithia as the ultimate glass cannon, and probably a filler depends on who get unlocked cuz the rest of my favs are also bow users (Judith hopefully or a wyvern rider)

SB - Edel cuz I am using the other lords, Petra for the dodges and thief looks fun, maybe Bernie and Dorothy cuz they are tied with Edel for my fav female characters?

I'm gonna end up using them all lol, even if it requires extra grinding.

I’m curious with how the New Game+ feature is going to work. I’m starting with Black Eagles and nearing the end of chapter 4. I want to start a new file and check out and level up / grind the other house units, but I don’t want to nullify my progress for the other two routes if they don’t end up connecting the progress after completing one file when the full game releases, if that makes any sense.

7 minutes ago, Azurixx said:

I’m curious with how the New Game+ feature is going to work. I’m starting with Black Eagles and nearing the end of chapter 4. I want to start a new file and check out and level up / grind the other house units, but I don’t want to nullify my progress for the other two routes if they don’t end up connecting the progress after completing one file when the full game releases, if that makes any sense.

Just justify yourself by making it the other genders. I did just to give myself something to do until it drops.