Estimating Hidden Numbers That Shouldn't be Hidden

On 7/22/2022 at 7:52 AM, Archeleon said:

That's because Def/Res divide damage by its coefficient, it doesn't reduce damage by its coefficient.

That is such a weird way of calculating damage reduction. It's obviously a simple way of handling it but it doesn't lend itself to a nice and smooth curve at all. And, of course, it makes debuff effects ridiculously powerful with low amounts of def/res. It leads to the counter-intuitive situation where Luna/Flare works better against low def/res enemies rather than high ones. 

Also yeah I knew that about the whole damage tallying thing. I thought it was weird that each attack in a string was doing progressively more and more damage, so I checked the HP in the pause menu and learned that it actually wasn't doing that, which made sense. That being said, you can just look at the final displayed number for combat arts and the like. And I probably shouldn't have to mention this, but the switch has a recording capability we can use to replay and pause the art/magic in action just in case we miss the numbers in the heat of the moment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/16/2022 at 6:06 PM, Burklight said:

Myrmidon - Mt Mod = 4(3.88), Str Mod = 9(8.78)

Mercenary - Mt Mod = 4(3.88), Str Mod = 9(8.71)

Swordmaster - Mt Mod = 4(3.63), Str Mod = 9(9)

Mortal Savant - Mt Mod = 5(4.87), Str Mod = 9(8.60)

Thief - Mt Mod = 3(3.35), Str Mod = 8(7.85)

Assassin - Mt Mod = 3(3.42), Str Mod = 8(8.22)

Trickster - Mt Mod = 3.5(3.5), Str Mod = 8(7.90)

That's some really good work. That would also explain some of the findings in my previous post about Str being significantly more important than might. I also think the formula you have is likely spot on for normal attacks.

My only immediate question from your findings are "It also means that the maximum damage bonus you can get from a weapon is 2212 (570Mt~254Str)" 

That's based off the assumption that you cant get higher weapon might than 570, yes? Because you absolutely can with reckless power. 

And the other question is how do you know it it's class based and not attack based? It makes sense that S1 would have a different modifier than S2, right? Unless you used it to predict multiple strong attacks in the same class and had consistent results.

So Reckless Power 3 increases Might by 100%. Effectively this is equivalent to if we doubled the might mod that was found.
Versus the <Stat> Factor Weapon Attributes, if they add 100% of the stat in question, that would be equivalent of 120 stats (at max). This seems to imply Reckless Power is better than the <Stat> Factor skills since it is roughly equivalent to adding (low end) 40% of the weapon's might to your STR. Although I don't know if anyone has done the math on the exact multiplier of <Stat> Factor Weapon Attributes.

I'm also curious what % the Awakening/Special/Crit Rush weapon attributes add, since it would determine if they are better or worse than <Stat> Factor Attributes. From base FEW it was a 25% damage modifier.

So Reckless Power 3 would be 1140 * 4 = 4560 damage from weapon, + say 8.5 mod str avg, or 1020 from stat. Leaves 5580 Base.

Awakening/Special/Crit Rush boost would be 6975 for that type of attack in question. Say it is 1/3 of the time that the damage bonus is active, roughly 5984 equivalent damage.
<Stat> Factor if they added 100% (not sure) would be equivalent to 120*8.5 or 1020 additional damage, which would be more than the boost skills.
But if they only added 50% of the stat that would be 510 which is roughly equivalent to the boost skills

Although exact uptime of crit rush/boost is hard to say. I'm suspecting for most play it would be Reckless Power 3 > <Stat> Factor 3 > Awakening/Special/Crit Rush Boost. Although if it is possible to achieve >80% uptime on Awakening/Special/Crit Rush then it would probably be better to run that. Pair up units would probably benefit from Reckless Power 3/Special Boost 3 since most of their damage would be Specials from Pair Up

Edited by IonicAmalgam