Azure Gleam Question

In Azure Gleam, when the Kingdom and Alliance partner up, you have the choice of adding Lorenz, Raphael, Ignatz, and Marianne to your team, or sending them to the rear guard. My question is, is there any benefit to choosing the latter? Obviously, recruiting them to your team gives you access to them for the rest of the game, but what do you get out of adding them to the rear guard?

20 minutes ago, ZanaLyrander said:

In Azure Gleam, when the Kingdom and Alliance partner up, you have the choice of adding Lorenz, Raphael, Ignatz, and Marianne to your team, or sending them to the rear guard. My question is, is there any benefit to choosing the latter? Obviously, recruiting them to your team gives you access to them for the rest of the game, but what do you get out of adding them to the rear guard?

I tried it on my most recent run, and I believe the answer is nothing. I didn't recruit two semi secret characters, so it's possible that mattered. I skipped almost all cut scenes, so there may have been something in one of them, but it doesn't open up any new gameplay related things or anything like that. I'm not missing any events in my AG section either.