Class action charging

So I've seen a lot of classes in this game where the tutorial says to press and hold X during a strong attack to shorten the charge time of the next class action. I've tried to do this, and found that it works maybe 10% of the time, at the most. Is there some trick to this I'm missing? I feel like when it works, I see that the gauge starts partially filled.

56 minutes ago, Corran said:

So I've seen a lot of classes in this game where the tutorial says to press and hold X during a strong attack to shorten the charge time of the next class action. I've tried to do this, and found that it works maybe 10% of the time, at the most. Is there some trick to this I'm missing? I feel like when it works, I see that the gauge starts partially filled.

It's really misleading, and took me a long time to realize what it meant. Contrary to what it says, it doesn't mean holding the button during the actual strong attack.

When you finish a strong attack on those classes, you'll very briefly see a white glow around the character. Press and hold X during that.

Edited by Anomalocaris

13 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

It's really misleading, and took me a long time to realize what it meant. Contrary to what it says, it doesn't mean holding the button during the actual strong attack.

When you finish a strong attack on those classes, you'll very briefly see a white glow around the character. Press and hold X during that.

That clarification is extremely helpful, thanks! Frustrating that it's so unclear though.