Ascended Assets Limit?

When I'm ascending an asset of a non-ascended hero, there's a limit, right? As in it will only let you ascend ONE stat with ONE floret and then no other after that.

But—say I have two copies of the same unit, and I ascend Copy A's Atk and Copy B's Res; then I merge Copy B into Copy A, will the end result be Copy A with ascended Atk AND ascended Res?

Copy A is neutral IV with ascended ATK.

Copy B is +HP/-Spd.

Could I ascend Copy B's Res and merge it with Copy A?? What would the result be??

I don't really fully understand IVs and assets but it sounds like this would result in a unit with TWO ascended stats, in this case ascended Atk and ascended Res. Help?

I think it works like blessings. If the receiving unit doesn't have anything but the sacrificed one does, the receiving unit will gain whatever the sacrificed one had, but if they both have something, the receiving unit will just stick with what it already had and not care about what the sacrificed unit had.

If both units have an Ascended Asset, the base unit keeps their Ascended Asset, and the sacrificed unit's Ascended Asset is lost forever.

If the base unit has an Ascended Asset and the sacrificed unit does not, nothing special happens.

If the sacrificed unit has an Ascended Asset and the base unit does not, the base unit will gain an Ascended Asset in the same stat as the sacrificed unit's Ascended Asset. If the base unit already has a regular Asset in that stat, the base unit will instead gain an Ascended Asset in the same stat as the sacrificed unit's regular Asset. (I don't know what happens if the sacrificed unit has no regular Asset.)

23 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If both units have an Ascended Asset, the base unit keeps their Ascended Asset, and the sacrificed unit's Ascended Asset is lost forever.

If the base unit has an Ascended Asset and the sacrificed unit does not, nothing special happens.

If the sacrificed unit has an Ascended Asset and the base unit does not, the base unit will gain an Ascended Asset in the same stat as the sacrificed unit's Ascended Asset. If the base unit already has a regular Asset in that stat, the base unit will instead gain an Ascended Asset in the same stat as the sacrificed unit's regular Asset. (I don't know what happens if the sacrificed unit has no regular Asset.)

I merged an Ascended Atk A!Fjorm (which was neutral to start, from the spark) into a regular +Atk A!Fjorm, and I ended up with +HP +Atk, if that helps. Should've made her +Atk +Spd before merging, but I didn't expect the Ascended Asset to carry over on Ascended Heroes...

17 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

I merged an Ascended Atk A!Fjorm (which was neutral to start, from the spark) into a regular +Atk A!Fjorm, and I ended up with +HP +Atk, if that helps. Should've made her +Atk +Spd before merging, but I didn't expect the Ascended Asset to carry over on Ascended Heroes...

That's what I assumed would happen, but I didn't have any way to check with what I currently had in my barracks. My best guess for the explanation is that it takes the unit's highest stat at level 1, which is why it ended up giving HP.

It's also worth mentioning that any time you merge two units (that you already have) together and want to know what the end result will be, you can always preview the resulting unit on the confirmation screen by tapping and holding on the icon.