What should I reclass F!Robin in to for Lunatic Mode?

Jerry Kuma

I am currently playing through Lunatic mode in my second serious attempt at the difficulty. With these rules:

• No grinding whatsoever (no skirmishes, dlc, spotpass, etc)
  • No paralogues
  • Renown awards are allowed
  • Anna shops are allowed, but only to get Seals and discounted items. Not going out of my way to grind for them, it comes as it comes.
  • Similarly, special spots are being used for EXP and Weapon Proficiency boosts, and items like Rift Doors are allowed. I'm also not going out of my way for any of these.

I just finished chapter 5 with a level 17 female Robin and I bought a Second Seal from an Anna shop that spawned afterwards. I am wondering if I should reclass Robin in to something like a Dark Mage or try to go for Galeforce by reclassing into a Pegasus Knight and definitely not get a Lucina with Galeforce. I think just reclassing in to a Peg Knight now and promoting to a Dark Flier from that class will cost less than promoting to a Grandmaster and reclassing in to a Dark Flier? But I could be wrong. I am also training Sumia and will  train Cordelia once I recruit her. Which should I go for?

11 hours ago, Jerry Kuma said:

I am currently playing through Lunatic mode in my second serious attempt at the difficulty. With these rules:

• No grinding whatsoever (no skirmishes, dlc, spotpass, etc)
  • No paralogues
  • Renown awards are allowed
  • Anna shops are allowed, but only to get Seals and discounted items. Not going out of my way to grind for them, it comes as it comes.
  • Similarly, special spots are being used for EXP and Weapon Proficiency boosts, and items like Rift Doors are allowed. I'm also not going out of my way for any of these.

I just finished chapter 5 with a level 17 female Robin and I bought a Second Seal from an Anna shop that spawned afterwards. I am wondering if I should reclass Robin in to something like a Dark Mage or try to go for Galeforce by reclassing into a Pegasus Knight and definitely not get a Lucina with Galeforce. I think just reclassing in to a Peg Knight now and promoting to a Dark Flier from that class will cost less than promoting to a Grandmaster and reclassing in to a Dark Flier? But I could be wrong. I am also training Sumia and will  train Cordelia once I recruit her. Which should I go for?

Galeforce.  It's the best skill for her.

12 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Galeforce.  It's the best skill for her.

Yeah, decided to go for that and I indeed got her to Galeforce before Lucina joined. I did try going the mage route though, and I had a much easier time than the former, but I really wanted to try to get Galeforce. Now the question is if it is possible to reasonably feed kills to the other Dark Fliers post-timeskip...

15 hours ago, Jerry Kuma said:

Yeah, decided to go for that and I indeed got her to Galeforce before Lucina joined. I did try going the mage route though, and I had a much easier time than the former, but I really wanted to try to get Galeforce. Now the question is if it is possible to reasonably feed kills to the other Dark Fliers post-timeskip...

Been recently doing a playthrough no-grind on Lunatic after 7+ years and from my crappy memory it is reasonable to do so depending on your main team. Because of the way the way enemy units are slowly transitioning into promoted units, you can distract them with your super units and have a decently chunky tank lure the targets into range while the ones you're feeding exploit magic or physical weakness to get the final kill.

The difficulty of this depends on each map, however.

And also depends on the movement ranges of said enemy units. Also depends if your super unit can tank by themselves with no weapon with some form of self sustain (vulneraries or concoctions or just being on a fort).

As for Robin/MU your class path after Galeforce really depends on what you want. Going for Hero for Sol just feels comfy.

I would argue in No-Grind Vanilla Lunatic the most DPS you do is in Enemy Phase. So Galeforce is valuable, but not as valuable if you're not being aggressive. If you're doing 1-2 ranged weapons with Dual Attacks, you're killing more enemy units during Enemy Phase on a fort than you would get from Galeforce. So if you chose Sol before Galeforce, you'd have the self sustain for more aggressive unit placement (at least for Robin).

Tbh after a decade later of hindsight people overvalued Galeforce without context and parroted it like no tomorrow.

Spoiler

If you're wondering what I mean, some Lunatic+ superunit builds can't afford the class path to Galeforce without first having Sol/Nosferatu due to Counter.

Edited by shadowofchaos

2 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

I would argue in No-Grind Vanilla Lunatic the most DPS you do is in Enemy Phase. So Galeforce is valuable, but not as valuable if you're not being aggressive. If you're doing 1-2 ranged weapons with Dual Attacks, you're killing more enemy units during Enemy Phase on a fort than you would get from Galeforce. So if you chose Sol before Galeforce, you'd have the self sustain for more aggressive unit placement (at least for Robin).

Tbh after a decade later of hindsight people overvalued Galeforce without context and parroted it like no tomorrow.

Galeforce is definitely overvalued, at least in the enemy phase centric Lunatic mode due to the quantity of enemies and the sheer strength of them making it both safer and faster to just sit on a fort with a 1-2 weapon and just kill a bunch of enemies, cleaning up on player phase. Galeforce is still HELPFUL, since it allows for better positioning and killing off particularly strong enemies, but stats, skills, and 1-2 matter way more in Lunatic than in Hard mode. Hence why I decided to go Dark Knight for now.