What to cosplay as?

XRay

A few coworkers of mine are going to an event in late October, and there are going to be lots of dancing along with costumes. I am still on the fence about going, but if I do go, what should my costume be? Even though it would be fall and as much as I want to cosplay as something a bit more fancy like Robin or Reinhardt, global warming is a fucking thing, and on top of the sweat from dancing, I do not think it is going to be very comfortable dressing up as them.

The best thing I can come up with so far is dressing up as Lyon: Sunlit Prince. I also thought about dressing up as L from Death Note, but that might be a bit too low effort. I have also thought about dressing up as Kamina from Gurren Lagann since he is a bit flashy, but I do not exactly have the best bod to show off right now.

Do you guys have any ideas?

L might be low effort but is the easiest to get right and more people will be able to figure out who you are so I would go with that.  you might look at Van from Vision of Escaflowne (the show not the movie) since his outfit is rather light and easier to get right then others.

11 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

L might be low effort but is the easiest to get right and more people will be able to figure out who you are so I would go with that.

Hm, I guess that is true. I think it is better to be easily recognizable than to spend all that effort and still have people wondering who you are.

One of my coworker and a few of his friends are probably dressing up as Haikyuu characters, so they are all pretty low effort too since all they need are just matching jerseys and sport shorts. I guess I should not feel too bad about doing something low effort.

11 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

you might look at Van from Vision of Escaflowne (the show not the movie) since his outfit is rather light and easier to get right then others.

I heard of the anime, but I have not actually watched it. Good time to dive into it now just in case I want some more options.

1 hour ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Serious Sam would also be low effort.

I have not heard of the game until like last year or the year before.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2022 at 11:58 AM, buttmuncher.ops said:

i skimmed through the replies but read OP

go kamina with a trenchcoat that you can button up around the belly ;x

Probably next time.

Since one of my close friends is coming with me, I did want to switch from L to Kamina, but by the time I consider switching, it was too late for me since the Kamina costume would not arrive until at least a month or two later.

But yeah, if I am going to cosplay next time, I am almost certain I am going to try Kamina.

Oh my Naga! I did not think I would care about raves since it is just music and dancing, but once I actually got there, it is actually pretty darn fun! I think being with the right crowd also helps, because if I went with my group of super close friends, I do not think I would have enjoyed it as much as it just might not be their thing. I went with one super close friend and some of my coworkers, and we totally jammed to the beat last night.