Story wise, who is the most powerful character.

MadBoar

Who is the most powerful character, story wise?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Story wise, which Fodlan character is the most powerful?

• Balthus
    • Byleth
    • Claude
    • Dimitri
    • Edelgard
    • Hapi
    • Lysithea
    • Nemesis
    • Rhea
    • Shez
    • Thales

On 9/26/2022 at 6:14 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

I think that Count Bergliez and Holst should also be taken in consideration. Both seem to be among the strongest non mythological figures Fodlan have to offer. Arundel is even on the record as rather not being in the same room as count Bergliez during Edelgard's coup.

Speaking of the Count I wonder if Edelgard ever personally tested his strength or if she  got training from him and how that went. If they did it would give us a pretty good gauge at where Dimtri stacks up to Holst and the Count. Since Edelgard and Dimtri are in the same ball park and portrayed as rivals just like the Count and Holst. Obviously Edelgard and the Count  wouldn't fight to the death but Edelgard is pretty clearly the only one story wise within the empire (before Shez or Byleth possibly join) who can fight him at the moment.

Obviously Caspar is supposed to pass him in strength eventually when he succeeds his dad but it probably be a couple years before that happens without help.

Hilda is probably in a similar boat to Caspar given her and Holst second support convo. In that it is implied she cut down an enemy commander casually in one hit without realizing he was anyone of note. The main diffrence between her and Caspar being instead of needing to get older she mainly needs to actually put effort in which probably isn't happening.

Edited by vikingsfan92

On 9/26/2022 at 6:14 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

I think that Count Bergliez and Holst should also be taken in consideration. Both seem to be among the strongest non mythological figures Fodlan have to offer. Arundel is even on the record as rather not being in the same room as count Bergliez during Edelgard's coup.

According to a support conversation in three hopes, Balthus had defeated Holst. But I haven't played Claude's route in three hopes, so I don't know very much about Holst. And Holst also got defeated by the Verdant Wind final boss. 

Edited by MadBoar

Gameplay wise, I believe the Azure Moon final boss could defeat the Silver Snow final boss 1 v 1. They both have a luna type attack, but the AM boss can use it twice in one turn.

And according to the story, the AM boss was created for the purpose of defeating the SS boss.  

3 hours ago, MadBoar said:

Gameplay wise, I believe the Azure Moon final boss could defeat the Silver Snow final boss 1 v 1. They both have a luna type attack, but the AM boss can use it twice in one turn.

Nah, she can't. Using her staggering blow ends the AM final boss's turn immediately, preventing the double-acting. In fact it's closer to the opposite: the SS final boss can use her staggering blow every turn thanks to one of her abilities, the AM final boss can only use it every other turn (like most monster-type enemies).

I think the AM final boss's regeneration would still means she wins that fight, though, unless you don't consider it.

17 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Nah, she can't. Using her staggering blow ends the AM final boss's turn immediately, preventing the double-acting. In fact it's closer to the opposite: the SS final boss can use her staggering blow every turn thanks to one of her abilities, the AM final boss can only use it every other turn (like most monster-type enemies).

I think the AM final boss's regeneration would still means she wins that fight, though, unless you don't consider it.

With that information, the SS boss would most likely win. Its been a very long time since I fought her, so I forgot the details of her abilities. 

The AM final boss's regeneration during each turn is due to the terrain, so it should not be considered. She can recover some hp during battle due to her crest. 

9 hours ago, MadBoar said:

The AM final boss's regeneration during each turn is due to the terrain, so it should not be considered. She can recover some hp during battle due to her crest. 

I personally think it's a legitimate advantage that 1-square units can benefit from terrain and 9-square units can't. Neither of them move, so both would want to use the most beneficial terrain possible. (Of course, since neither of them move, you basically have to envision them somehow magically starting in range with each other, or it's a draw as both stare at each other across the battlefield. ... or alternatively, there exists a range where the AM final boss can attack but the SS final boss can't, so she would very slowly win by chipping with that.) But the rules you place on such things is arbitrary, so if you disagree I'm not going to tell you you're wrong.