[FE8] [Complete - 24 Chapters] Bells of Byelen

Knabepicer

7f763d7357f6fe0aeda51362f3127aa2a6475c3b

Download the hack here

Copy-pasting this from FEUniverse, and posting this for the project lead:

Hello everyone, I’m here to share a complete FE8 hack, Bells of Byelen. This release includes 24 chapters and 3 interludes where more characters can be recruited, similar to TRS. There are a total of 73 potential player units, with 60 that can be recruited in any given playthrough.

This is a telephone hack, similar to Call of the Armor by Team Distant Roads. After the completion of CotA, Team Adversity was formed primarily from this same group, along with a few new additions bringing us to 15 chapter creators. The premise was to create a telephone hack using FE5 mechanics and make an attempt at a more in-depth story, while also using a buildfile instead of FEBuilder.

These added complications increased the development time necessary, as it took us nearly a year to make the hack functionally complete. We then took 2.5~ months to polish the hack and create something more [complete], with a focus on writing a complete set of supports and updating aesthetics. Our development method followed the structure of CotA (more information in the CotA post 12), with some minor deviations, mentioned under “Operational Changes from CotA” if you’re interested. Detailed credits are in the same folder as the patch.

80b921af879bcd9afa6d231b94374f28b00920ec37327f46b3fecd1069319556670cc841d5841bdb605b0eebb5dc14180efb488ec44d1ec98f48b3337e218bc9c1e34e555025e8592b1d3cf6f470edaea04ee7d2dadca44e65216b00a0f16e9115314c8e

316c8ca664d1c9e7875dd3e546bbfd2a88082546847e249c268d426ace8409f9200833078c368a913a427eec874a3b66bc58212aa9b7a4776ea36d8d6b526063ff84f9603daf550c4f8dcc2aabc49f63965febe160510817d438dd06f859c6747cf908b3

Hack Features:

Spoiler
  • Multiple gameplay mechanics developed and expanded upon for this project, such as: Dismount, PCC, Movement Stars, Thracia Escape, Movement/Build Growths, Equippable Accessories
  • Uses other FE5 mechanics with some modifications, such as: Capture, Steal, Fatigue, Leadership Stars
  • Modified Hit/Avo formulas, modified Exp formula similar to FE14 to facilitate Fatigue
  • Supports that increase based on deployment similar to FE9, with reworked support bonuses similar to a 3H-like system, where they apply on initiation if a support partner is in range of the enemy; Bonuses are unique, no affinities. All support chains have been finished writing, and all include a paired ending.
  • Class and item lists reworked from scratch using FE5 as inspiration, along with new custom classes and items
  • Custom skills, new items, weapons, classes, and much more
  • Equippable accessories that grant skills or stats; FE5 Crusader Scrolls reworked into accessories; Some equips decrement durability when attacking or defending, such as shields and arrows
  • 3 interludes where you can recruit 2 units out of 6, creating endless options for replayability

Story:

Spoiler

Bells of Byelen’s story follows two officers of the Decian Liberators, a group of rebels fighting to free their home country of Decia from the occupation inflicted on them by the Cythean Empire, currently trying to conquer the continent of Orodreth.They are Loewe, a Decian who lost everything to Cythes, and Cleo, a Cythean who defected from her post, and they find themselves leading a weakened rebellion together, following a painful betrayal.

In their quest to free Decia from Cythes, they meet an experienced strategist, Kwame, and they learn that the stakes of their resistance may be much bigger than they know, putting all of Orodreth at risk if they fail…

Members of Team Adversity:

Spoiler

Project Lead
LegendofLoog

Spreadsheet Officer
Pandan

Wizardry Lead
Pikmin1211

Chapter Contributors
Ch1: LegendOfLoog, edits by RW
Ch2: knabepicer
Ch3: Kyrads
Ch4: devisio
Ch5: pandan
Ch5x: LegendOfLoog, cutscene event map by RW
Ch6: MintX, edits by pandan
Ch7: Rivian
Ch8: DrGreen3339
Ch9: TDAWS, edits by RW
Ch10: bpat, edits by knabepicer
Ch11: Turtle, edits by pandan
Ch12: Leche
Ch12x: LegendOfLoog
Ch13: DrGreen3339
Ch14: RandomWizard (RW)
Ch15: LegendOfLoog
Ch16: pandan
Ch17: Xilirite
Ch18: bpat
Ch18x: LegendOfLoog
Ch19: ArcherBias
Ch20: devisio
Ch21: RW, edits by knabepicer
Ch22: Kyrads, writing by Xilirite
Ch23: LegendOfLoog, map by RW
Endgame: Xilirite, knabepicer

Supports
LegendOfLoog
pandan
RandomWizard
DrGreen
Xilirite
Leche
bpat
knabepicer
ArcherBias
Levin
Rivian

Assets/Playtesting/Interlude Unit Submission
Pikmin1211
Dainn
hypergammaspaces
WarPath
Levin
sdaht
Knight_Moris
Roze
A_Reliable_Chair
Pushwall

Buildfile Link:

Spoiler

GitHub - legendofloog/Teleshack-II: Bells of Byelen buildfile
Note: The unique assets within this buildfile are NOT F2U by default. If you’re interested in using one of these assets, then I would recommend reaching out to the person who is credited for it in the credits list included with the patch and asking them directly. Some hacks may be packaged and released standalone at a later date.

Tierlist Maker:

Download the hack

Loving the game so far. I'm playing on Mac, on the Open Emu Emulator, and I've sadly run into a game-breaking bug. Upon clearing chapter 6 and saving the game, the game completely crashes. Black screen, weird noises. Super heartbreaking because I was having a ton of fun with it, it's really well done. Any ideas on a fix? Is my emulator the problem?

On 10/8/2022 at 10:35 AM, Hazzberry55 said:

Loving the game so far. I'm playing on Mac, on the Open Emu Emulator, and I've sadly run into a game-breaking bug. Upon clearing chapter 6 and saving the game, the game completely crashes. Black screen, weird noises. Super heartbreaking because I was having a ton of fun with it, it's really well done. Any ideas on a fix? Is my emulator the problem?

I'm not sure about this particular bug, but there have been some bugs that have been fixed in updates, so I'd recommend re-downloading the patch from the link and seeing if that works. I play using OpenEmu too, so that should be supported.

• 1 year later...

My game gets stuck (black screen) in that chapter where I have to capture Coralia. Is this a bug or? I'm playing the game in john emulator. So after I capture Coralia, Chloe dialogue kicks in "Now comes the hard part) and the screen turns black

Edited by Resener