Introduction

LuminescentPearl

Salve! My name is LuminescentPearl. I am a novice ROM hacker who has decided to now take a more active role in the community. 

I discovered Fire Emblem in August of 2021, and ROM hacking a year later. I've since been working on my passion project, Rise of Rebellion. I generally prefer Kaga-Era Fire Emblem + the GBA trilogy. I overall have a low but open opinion on the other games. My favorite game is Sacred Stones, followed by Genealogy of the Holy War. 

I  prefer hacks that are ~20 chapters long, with a small and distinct cast. I'd rather have a more serious tones in my games and do not care for meme hacks. I think an issue that severely plagues the hacking community that no one cares about because only I do is I believe text in hacks are too casual. The speech should be more proper, and not speak like today, especially slang from today. What are your thoughts on this? Have you before thought on this matter?

Welcome to the Forest, LuminescentPearl!

8 hours ago, LuminescentPearl said:

I discovered Fire Emblem in August of 2021, and ROM hacking a year later.

Oh? There was nothing around that time. What gave you the push to look for FE?

I've since been working on my passion project, Rise of Rebellion

Good luck with your project!

The speech should be more proper, and not speak like today, especially slang from today. What are your thoughts on this? Have you before thought on this matter?

I don't play Fan Projects a lot but I do get where you're coming from. To me it would be off putting because it does not suit the overall aesthetic.

Anyway, have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

13 hours ago, Ycine said:

Oh? There was nothing around that time. What gave you the push to look for FE?

I had discovered emulation in 2020, during quarantine. I had found Advance Wars on my source site for ROMs, quite literally, the day before Reboot Camp was announced. In the sudden explosion of Advance Wars content on the internet, I had discovered Mangs's youtube channel, and had seen his earlier content on Fire Emblem. Intrigued, I decided to give Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword a try. One thing leads to another, and here I am.

On 12/29/2022 at 2:02 AM, LuminescentPearl said:

I had discovered emulation in 2020, during quarantine. I had found Advance Wars on my source site for ROMs, quite literally, the day before Reboot Camp was announced. In the sudden explosion of Advance Wars content on the internet, I had discovered Mangs's youtube channel, and had seen his earlier content on Fire Emblem. Intrigued, I decided to give Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword a try. One thing leads to another, and here I am.

Interesting. Thank you for answering and glad to see you enjoyed FE so much you actually got into Rom hacking.

Again, good luck on your project and have a nice day.