Confirmed Supports (& Predictions/Wants)

martystarboy

I've been doing my best to keep track of all the supports confirmed via gameplay and character trailers. Now with early previews out and full reviews and potential leaks on the way, I wanted to share all the ones confirmed so far as well as some predictions. Alear having supports with everyone is not at all surprising, so there's not much to discuss on that front.

General trends of who gets supports with who include:

• All sibling duos (Eg. Framme & Clanne, Ivy & Hortensia, Alfred & Celine), All retainer duos (Eg. Amber & Jade, Goldmary & Rosado), Royals & their retainers (Eg. Alfred & Boucheron/Etie, Fogado & Pandreo/Bunet, Timerra & Merrin/Panette, etc.), Eldest royals (Eg. Diamant & Alfred, Timerra & Ivy), and likely Youngest royals (Eg. Fogado & Alcryst)

While I wouldn't say this de-confirms it (as support-up hearts usually do not appear if the current rank is maxed out), supports of royals & their sibling's retainers don't seem to be guaranteed, as characters like Goldmary & Ivy didn't have support hearts in gameplay. Same with unrelated youngest royals & eldest royals.

Unique supports include:

• Alfred & Yunaka/Amber/Vander (confirmed via recent previews of café gameplay)
  • Amber & Seadall
  • Jean & Celine
  • likely Merrin & Jean/Louis/Celine (if the fortune readings are anything to go by) 

Spoiler-wise:

Spoiler
  • Vander & Mauve support was part of the early leaked screenshots

What other supports do you think are likely or would like to see regardless? If they haven't been confirmed yet, I think the twins & Vander are pretty likely. Would love to see the twins interact with characters around their own age, too, like Jean or Anna. And Seadall & Kagetsu could be very funny considering they both have predictive powers. Also definitely tell me if I've missed information since a lot has come out recently ^-^'

Nintendo World Review confirmed via their image gallery for Engage that Citrinne and Yunaka have a support (and it seems very interesting...)

Spoiler

183.jpg

Also one of the trailers confirmed Céline and Lapis have a support.

As for supports I'm excited/hope to see:

- Fogado x Bunet (we know its gonna happen but I ship them and I wanna see if their supports will support me shipping them lol)

- Céline x Chloé (again, confirmed, but will be cute no doubt and again, I ship them so...)

- Kagetsu x Zelkov (they seem like total opposites and will be interesting to see interact)

I think you pretty much covered the supports we can expect to see. 

For supports I wanna see

Citrinne x Diamant (non-romantic, just wholesome cousin bonding)

Merrin x Amber (would be neat to see Amber teach Merrin about alpacas)

Louis x Jade (to see them discuss the different ways Firene and Brodia train their knights)

Diamant x Ivy (mostly cause I jokingly headcanon them as friends with benefits)

I'm curious as to why this decision... especially since we know emblem ring support convos are not that complex. It seems very limiting in terms of conversation and gameplay synergy, and it is frustrating that not all characters from the same nation have conversation with themselves. And there is no way supports are going to be written better than usual, let's be honest.

3 hours ago, Azz said:

Nintendo World Review confirmed via their image gallery for Engage that Citrinne and Yunaka have a support (and it seems very interesting...)

Reveal hidden contents

183.jpg

Also one of the trailers confirmed Céline and Lapis have a support.

Some people have been theorizing that Yunaka may be blood related to Brodian royalty because of her eye color (and I guess her hair color, too), and maybe Citrinne's intense reaction to her could support that idea?

3 hours ago, Azz said:

As for supports I'm excited/hope to see:

- Fogado x Bunet (we know its gonna happen but I ship them and I wanna see if their supports will support me shipping them lol)

- Céline x Chloé (again, confirmed, but will be cute no doubt and again, I ship them so...)

- Kagetsu x Zelkov (they seem like total opposites and will be interesting to see interact)

We've seen a bit of Fogado n Bunet's support and it seems like Bunet isn't totally satisfied with Fogado's positive reactions to his food (now that we've seen the relationship chart...lol I wonder why). What we've seen of Celine and Chloe's relationship is also super cute and I look forward to it, too. Honestly Zelkov is the most mysterious character of the cast to me so I'm sure his dynamic with Kagetsu will be interesting.

2 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

I think you pretty much covered the supports we can expect to see. 

For supports I wanna see

Citrinne x Diamant (non-romantic, just wholesome cousin bonding)

Merrin x Amber (would be neat to see Amber teach Merrin about alpacas)

Louis x Jade (to see them discuss the different ways Firene and Brodia train their knights)

Diamant x Ivy (mostly cause I jokingly headcanon them as friends with benefits)

Oh wow I'm fully invested in Merrin/Amber and Louis/Jade now. They do have more similarities than I realized! Considering Louis's interest in women I feel like Jade's serious personality could lead to some comedic situations.

9 hours ago, Hiroki said:

Okay...didn't think of that one, but...I must admit I'm a huge fan!

Thanks, glad to know others like my silly idea.

8 hours ago, martystarboy said:

Oh wow I'm fully invested in Merrin/Amber and Louis/Jade now. They do have more similarities than I realized! Considering Louis's interest in women I feel like Jade's serious personality could lead to some comedic situations.

Yeah, I thought it would be fun to see the animal lover of the cast interact with someone who boasts to know everything there is to know about alpacas.

Now that you mention that, I imagine Louis trying to impress Jade with his training regimen, only for her to remain unamused.

Going off the leaks:

Spoiler

we know Mauve supports with not only Vander but Celine, Ivy, and Anna too. That could be very interesting for this guy.

17 hours ago, szechuan said:

I'm curious as to why this decision... especially since we know emblem ring support convos are not that complex. It seems very limiting in terms of conversation and gameplay synergy, and it is frustrating that not all characters from the same nation have conversation with themselves. And there is no way supports are going to be written better than usual, let's be honest.

I assume it's to focus on the supports they're able to write without forcing in. The higher the quantity the more forced a lot of supports become. The list of support options per character are decently flexible so they'll be higher than pre-Awakening + SOV support counts. 

According to the leaks, we have also a support list for the royals that goes up to the end of chapter 12:

Spoiler

Support lists for the Royals as of Chapter 12

alfred- alear, etie, celine, yunaka, ivy, diamant, amber, vander and boucheron
ivy- alear, zelkov, kagetsu, diamant, alcryst, alfred, louis,
diamant- jade, alear, framme, ivy, kagetsu, amber, alcryst, citrinne, alfred
alcryst - alear, celine, lapis, ivy, diamant, citrinne, boucheron
celine - etie, chloe, alear, lapis, louis, kagetsu, alcryst, jean, alfred

4 hours ago, ShadyCat said:

According to the leaks, we have also a support list for the royals that goes up to the end of chapter 12:

Hide contents

Support lists for the Royals as of Chapter 12

alfred- alear, etie, celine, yunaka, ivy, diamant, amber, vander and boucheron
ivy- alear, zelkov, kagetsu, diamant, alcryst, alfred, louis,
diamant- jade, alear, framme, ivy, kagetsu, amber, alcryst, citrinne, alfred
alcryst - alear, celine, lapis, ivy, diamant, citrinne, boucheron
celine - etie, chloe, alear, lapis, louis, kagetsu, alcryst, jean, alfred

Thanks for the update! (I hope we get more confirmed Zelkov supports soon…)

2 hours ago, zuibangde said:

Since there seems to be story spoilers in the official leak thread. Is it possible for someone to post what's up with romance in this game when the details are out? 

I’ll try to update it here for you if we find out! I’m regularly checking spoiler threads bc I want to know that too ^-^