Engage Launched But I'm Broke (So I Started an FE4 Draft Instead)

GlitchWarrior

So, Fire Emblem Engage just launched, and between my empty wallet and my growing interest in doing this, I haven't gotten around to understanding the game itself. That said, this is an idea I've thrown around for a good while now and I'm just now acting on it.

The rules for this draft are tweaked from the original ruleset on the forums:

• 1. This draft is for 4 players.
  • 2. Sigurd, Deirdre, Sylvia, Seliph, Julia, Lene, Laylea, Hannibal, Coirpre, and Charlot are free for all to use. (You may kill Sylvia to get her replacement kids if you so please.)
  • 3. Mothers will be drafted first, then fathers, then the second-gen non-children. All drafting will be performed in snaking order- once the fourth person drafts, they kick off the next round in reverse until the first player's turn - then they start drafting the father units, and so on.
  • 4. When any mothers are drafted, their children come with them. (Example: Drafting Ayra gives you Ayra, Larcei and Scathach.)
  • 5: Aideen and Jeanne will be drafted twice. (Credit to a friend of mine for the idea - it leaves 8 moms in the draft for gen 1 while still evening out the cast to 40 and minimizing the amount of players who enter Ch7 with three units who can only help on that map alone, as well as ensuring that all players will have at least one early healer in each gen (Ethlyn/Edain/Lachesis for G1, Lana/Muirne/Nanna/Jeanne for G2.)

Rules:

• 1. Undrafted units may only: Recruit characters, participate in Talk conversations and special events that do not require the participants to be lovers.
  • 2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, giving Charm bonuses, using the Give command, or participating in Lover/Sibling criticals.
  • 3. Other and Neutral units may do as they please without penalty.
  • 4. Arena use is allowed and encouraged.

Penalties:

• 1. Non-holy weapon users (Noish, Ayra etc.) have a 3 turn penalty per unit per castle. (Example: Using Noish (if undrafted) en route to Jungby results in a 3 turn penalty. Once Sigurd seizes Jungby, you take another 3 turn penalty if you use Noish while en route to Evans.) 3. Using the Give command with an undrafted unit is a special 12 turn penalty.
  • 2. Holy weapon users (Lewyn, Shannan, etc.) and Dancers have a 7 turn penalty per unit per castle.
  • 3. Using the Give command with an undrafted unit is a special 12 turn penalty.

Exceptions:

• 1. Generation 1 units may lose a bout in the Arena and then die to an enemy while unequipped to prevent them getting married. The enemy must have no other friendly units in his attack range and must finish the character in a single round.
  • 2. Brigid, Claud and Tailtiu are free to use in Chapter 3.
  • 3. Dew may lower the bridge in Chapter 4 if undrafted. He may not perform any other disallowed actions without penalty.
  • 4. Leif, Finn and Jeanne are free to use in Chapter 7.
  • 5. Shannan is free to use in Chapter 7 until Yied Castle is seized.

One more thing: I will not be taking this seriously. Like, at all. If any of my draft picks seem odd or foolish, that's why.

Units left in the draft!
MOTHERS:

• Ethlyn
  • Aideen 1
  • Aideen 2
  • Ayra
  • Lachesis
  • Erinys
  • Tailtiu
  • Brigid

FATHERS

• Alec
  • Noish
  • Arden
  • Azelle
  • Lex
  • Quan
  • Finn
  • Midir
  • Dew
  • Jamke
  • Chulainn
  • Lewyn
  • Beowulf
  • Claud

SECOND GEN

• Dalvin
  • Radney
  • Muirne
  • Deimne
  • Tristan
  • Oifey
  • Hermina
  • Amid
  • Johan
  • Johalvier
  • Jeanne 1
  • Jeanne 2
  • Shannan
  • Daisy
  • Ares
  • Linda
  • Asaello
  • Hawke

(Child characters will be calculated at the end of drafting. 90% of the art I used for the chart is from either Heroes or Cipher.)

image.png

• 1 month later...

So, I know this was a while ago. But I just got back into Genealogy, so I might actually be up for this, if anyone else is interested!

A couple questions:

On 1/23/2023 at 10:54 PM, GlitchWarrior said:

1. Undrafted units may only: Recruit characters, participate in Talk conversations and special events that do not require the participants to be lovers.

Is pairing an undrafted male unit with a drafted female unit allowed? Or can a drafted female unit only produce kids with a drafted male unit?

Also, are undrafted units free to buy and sell items? Visit villages?

On 1/23/2023 at 10:54 PM, GlitchWarrior said:

4. Arena use is allowed and encouraged.

Only for drafted units? Or can undrafted units use the arena?

One more thing - is resetting the game allowed, forbidden, or permitted with a penalty applied? Is it the same whether the reset is voluntary, or forced (as in, Game Over)? And, if I commit a violation that has a "turn penalty", like using the "Give" command, can I reset to before the violation occured to get out of the penalty?

Some of these might be dumb questions, but I've never done a draft race before. So I want all my castles covered!