Anyone know how to action replay battle sprites in Thracia?

Alph

I changed Tanya's class from archer to thief since archers aren't great in the game.

I changed the class byte and it shows her as a thief that can use a sword, but on the battle map she still appears as an archer.

In actual battles she is a female thief though, it just on the map she is still an archer. I tried to promote her, but she just promoted to sniper.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/snes/577344-fire-emblem-thracia-776/faqs/57642

Edited by Alph

Well as to why she shows as an Archer per her map sprite, every character in Thracia is set with a map sprite in their character data.

Characters also have unique promotion paths set. 

Changing these via modding is the only way for that to work properly. I think Theacia still uses Nightmare modules for editing the game?

Using the Character editor and Promotion editor Nightmare modules. Of course since you already recruited her, im not sure if the map sprite change would work (only their base class has a set map sprite if I recall, promoted uses generic class unless char starts promoted)

Edited by lightcosmo

On 1/27/2023 at 4:39 AM, lightcosmo said:

Well as to why she shows as an Archer per her map sprite, every character in Thracia is set with a map sprite in their character data.

Characters also have unique promotion paths set. 

Changing these via modding is the only way for that to work properly. I think Theacia still uses Nightmare modules for editing the game?

Using the Character editor and Promotion editor Nightmare modules. Of course since you already recruited her, im not sure if the map sprite change would work (only their base class has a set map sprite if I recall, promoted uses generic class unless char starts promoted)

I know about the Nightmare modules, but I'm using the latest lil manster patch and I think the rom is headered, so I doubt it would work.

I just started a new game instead, and decided not to use archers. I was only on chapter 2 anyway.

Hand axes are just so much better because of the 1-2 range.

13 hours ago, Alph said:

I know about the Nightmare modules, but I'm using the latest lil manster patch and I think the rom is headered, so I doubt it would work.

If the ROM is headered, depending on whether or not they moved the data tables, you just add or subtract 0x200 from the Nightmare Modules pointer for the table (this can edited with any notepad)