Hello! First post.

bunblade

Hello! 🙂

I've been browsing the forums periodically since around 2015 or so, but I finally made an account two-ish years ago and now I'm making my first post.

I'm not entirely sure how much I will be active on here, since I'm often introverted and more of a listener/reader than a speaker (coupled with general social anxiety), but I figured I'd make myself post and see if it takes me anywhere. So, hello everyone!

I guess a little about me. I've been playing Fire Emblem since around mid-to-late 2014 or so I would say. When the trailer for Lucina and Robin for Smash 4 was released, I was so curious about what this series was, and upon looking into it I remembered my friends played Shadow Dragon before, so I thought I'd give Fire Emblem a try with Awakening!

I got Awakening, beat it, and it became one of my favorite games ever. Since then, I've played most of the Fire Emblem games! I waited for Fates to come out and played it day one, then beat all the routes. I got Echoes day one and played it. Afterwards I decided to go back and play the older titles and played the Tellius games, which I loved. My favorites to this day, actually! Then, I moved on to the DS titles and didn't enjoy them as much, but still had fun.

After those, I played through FE6 and FE7. I had a blast with FE7 especially, but not as much FE6. I still liked it! ...Just not as much. Then Three Houses came out, which I got and played. After that one I started Sacred Stones, but the save file on my GBA cartridge corrupted around Chapter 14 of the Eirika route and it was so heartbreaking that I haven't picked it back up yet. Maybe next time I'll emulate it so I can make backups.

Anyway, after that I played Genealogy. I loved the story, characters, and music, but the gameplay was a bit exhausting to be honest. Still had fun, but I'm not sure if I'd go back to replaying it anytime soon like I tend to do with other ones. Then Engage came out, which I just finished on Hard/Classic! Engage was honestly really fun, I had a blast. But now I'm on to Thracia, which I'm currently on Chapter 5 and gosh is this game brutal. Really fun! ...but brutal.

Anyway, sorry for the lengthy post, guess I had a lot to say. I tend to ramble sometimes, so I hope it's okay. It's nice meeting you all!

Welcome to the Forest, Bunblade!

Your overall experiences with the series mirrors mine.

3 hours ago, bunblade said:

I'm not entirely sure how much I will be active on here, since I'm often introverted and more of a listener/reader than a speaker (coupled with general social anxiety), but I figured I'd make myself post and see if it takes me anywhere. So, hello everyone!

And that's ok. I'm also more of a lurker myself.

Anyway, have a nice day and keep enjoying your stay!

Edit : it's your introduction. Write whatever you want. No need to apologize for a long post. Thank you for taking the time to write it.

Edited by Ycine
Added a little thingy

Hi! Wellcome to the forums! (I mean, apparently you've been here for as long as me, or rather... way longer, counting the time you didn't have an account as well but whatever y'know what I mean)

There's no problem about rambling, I think that no one here minds it (I ramble as hell myself, if you ever bump across a post of mine you'll understand how critical it is sometimes...), I to be honest, even like to read peoples' rambles.

Also, RIP to your Sacred Stones save, hope you can recover from that. I related to this pretty hard: The first time I played FE7 was on my computer that was almost desintegrating itself, with no sound(because the speakers didn't work anymore)  and since I first played it on an online emul..... site + I was dumb as hell, I thought that if I turned off the computer I'd lose all my progress (basically, I didn't know about the existence of save states even if the site obviously had them, because I was dumb, so I thought that there was no way to properly save the game, hence, that if I turned off the computer I'd lose the progress), so I had to let my computer on for several days (which we usually didn't do at my house to not fuck the computer even more since it was already old and slow) and had to beg my sister to never turn it off and to not close my google tab with the game (I even threteaned her that I'd erase her file on a game that she liked if she did it) + we both had to not play with sound for this time because the only way to fix the problem with the speakers was to turn off the computer and I didn't wanna do it (On the beggining I had sound but when it stopped, I was already too far on the game to want to turn it off). I managed to just beat the Dread Isle(ch. 18) with 20 hours of gameplay in...

And then my computer turns itself off (it was for a really stupid motive, I don't rememebr if the power went out on the whole house (because this used to happen when we turned the microwave at the same time of another appliance) or if I turned off the stabilizer with my toe as an accident, or if the computer simply could't manage to stay on for more time (it wasn't just 20 hours that it stayed on, this is the amount of time that I had spent there playing the game!)). So yeah... I had lost my whole progress (because I was dumb and didn't know that there were save states).

I was CRUSHED, but for reason I refused to quit for good and started it all from scratch immediately (probably because I was just about to enter the Dragon's gate when I lost my progress and I wanted to see it, also because I didn't know what else to play since the only game I was playing at the time was FE7 and I wanted to continue it...). At least I could play it with sound when I restared though...

EDIT: I agree with Ycine, that's post' whole point is to introduze youself so don't feel bad, write more even! If someone didn't wanted to read it they wouldn't have come here to read it.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

Hi hi, welcome to the forest! Hope you have a good time here, even if you continue to lurk! Nice to meet you, I hope you feel welcomed enough! Also, I hope you can finish Sacred Stones, it's too good. Shame about your save though.

Edited by FlyingKitsune

Welcome to the forest! We hope that you'll have a great day and that you'll enjoy your stay. 

And no need to worry about writing lots or lurking! Everybody works at their own pace; I tend to write massive walls of text myself.

Thank you everyone! It's nice to meet all of you, thank you for the replies! And I'll definitely keep everything in mind, I do like to write a lot so yeah. ...And I'll work on the apologizing thing, it's a bit of a habit I'm trying to break, haha.

10 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

And then my computer turns itself off (it was for a really stupid motive, I don't rememebr if the power went out on the whole house (because this used to happen when we turned the microwave at the same time of another appliance) or if I turned off the stabilizer with my toe as an accident, or if the computer simply could't manage to stay on for more time (it wasn't just 20 hours that it stayed on, this is the amount of time that I had spent there playing the game!)). So yeah... I had lost my whole progress (because I was dumb and didn't know that there were save states).

Ahhh, that's so sad! It sucks that happened. I'm glad you got around to playing it again though, 'cuz I love FE7. Glad you got to play with sound and experience the soundtrack and whatnot too! In general your story reminded me of the days when my family had a computer room and having to tell my parents to not touch the computer while I left a game up or something. Good times!
Also, to be honest, your story finally motivated me to get up and play Sacred Stones after all this time of being sad with a corrupted save. So, thank you! Once I get around to finishing up Thracia I'm gonna sit down and finally beat Sacred Stones once and for all. ...Probably on emulation this time so I don't risk a save corruption, I think the cartridge was just kinda old and worn down a lot (it was a friend's), so that's probably why it corrupted.

On 2/1/2023 at 6:34 AM, bunblade said:

Hello! 🙂

I've been browsing the forums periodically since around 2015 or so, but I finally made an account two-ish years ago and now I'm making my first post.

I guess a little about me. I've been playing Fire Emblem since around mid-to-late 2014 or so I would say. When the trailer for Lucina and Robin for Smash 4 was released, I was so curious about what this series was, and upon looking into it I remembered my friends played Shadow Dragon before, so I thought I'd give Fire Emblem a try with Awakening!

I got Awakening, beat it, and it became one of my favorite games ever. Since then, I've played most of the Fire Emblem games! I waited for Fates to come out and played it day one, then beat all the routes. I got Echoes day one and played it. Afterwards I decided to go back and play the older titles and played the Tellius games, which I loved. My favorites to this day, actually! Then, I moved on to the DS titles and didn't enjoy them as much, but still had fun.

After those, I played through FE6 and FE7. I had a blast with FE7 especially, but not as much FE6. I still liked it! ...Just not as much. Then Three Houses came out, which I got and played. After that one I started Sacred Stones, but the save file on my GBA cartridge corrupted around Chapter 14 of the Eirika route and it was so heartbreaking that I haven't picked it back up yet. Maybe next time I'll emulate it so I can make backups.

Anyway, after that I played Genealogy. I loved the story, characters, and music, but the gameplay was a bit exhausting to be honest. Still had fun, but I'm not sure if I'd go back to replaying it anytime soon like I tend to do with other ones. Then Engage came out, which I just finished on Hard/Classic! Engage was honestly really fun, I had a blast. But now I'm on to Thracia, which I'm currently on Chapter 5 and gosh is this game brutal. Really fun! ...but brutal.

Anyway, sorry for the lengthy post, guess I had a lot to say. I tend to ramble sometimes, so I hope it's okay. It's nice meeting you all!

Welcome aboard. Newish fella round here myself

Not to worry bout the social anxiety and all that. They’re a pretty personable bunch here