Prep for DLC Wave 4 new run/What was your all time favorite unit/setup.

BloodRonin

I am starting my 5th maddening run. Now that I have completed the game a few times and used all units at some point in each run, I am excited for wave 4 dlc. I am prepping to make the most busted run to date for my RNG maddening run/online play file.

I just finished chapter 6 and unlocked the well. And according to the UK site, that is the earliest you can do to fell Xenologue chapters, so I am now at a hard stop from doing any chapters. So instead I have been grinding the relays like crazy in hopes of getting either master seals, second seals, or stat boosters. So far just from that alone (not including any DLC) I have 5 Master seals, 4 2nd seals, and a handful of stat boosters. I can't wait to see what new supports and interactions in general the four winds will have.

That being said, Griss has always been my favorite character, I am a little sad the alt version of him, Gregory, seems to have the opposite personality. Either way, I plan to make my team super busted before chapter 11.  So far my all time favorite build/character was Roy with Panette as a Halberdier. (using vantage maxed and Reprisal Maxed). She became a legit killing machine. Though my favorite run in general was my all horse team for Bond Shield shenanigans. 

I can't wait to finish this next run with DLC only characters (and try the new dlc classes).

What was your favorite character so far? What from wave 4 are you most excited for?

Edited by BloodRonin

My personal favorite is Chloé - Martial Master, despite it's being rather weak class Chloé makes it work rather well and I do love the animations of that class.

Also Jean Berserker is really fun build, I gave him vantage, pair up and put Ike on him, refined and engraved killer axe and he became a beast. 😄 It took him quite some time to get him where I needed him but it was worth it.

Anna as a mage unit, nobrainer.

In wave 4 I am right now interested to see the features we didn't see, fingers crossed for New Game+. Also I wonder about the new classes we suppose to get and maybe even the story could be little bit better because we are getting into more of a darker story? But it will still be a massive cringe most likely.

44 minutes ago, Speedy said:

about the new classes we suppose to get

From my knowledge (based on the different region websites, (UK, Japan ect) I know for sure we are getting enchanter and mage cannon. I think they might be it other than personal class for Zephia maybe? Jean as a zerker sounds interesting. lol he is so small so it would be fun to see. 

4 minutes ago, BloodRonin said:

From my knowledge (based on the different region websites, (UK, Japan ect) I know for sure we are getting enchanter and mage cannon. I think they might be it other than personal class for Zephia maybe? Jean as a zerker sounds interesting. lol he is so small so it would be fun to see. 

He certainly does look weird, especially when you listen to his support where he talks about how he wants to become doctor and help people and few moments later you see him smashing axe into peoples heads. 😄

34 minutes ago, BloodRonin said:

Sometimes death is a mercy haha. 

Though I had to admit Warrior might be more viable option solely on the stat caps, but I went for the insanely high growths he gets from Berserker.

Sadly no one, this has been the worse FE in terms of characters I have liked. I know it’s bad when I got the oath ring and never even took it from the drawer you put it it.

I have been having fun with Berserker Citrinne just because. I found it weird she had better Spd and Def over Panette.

56 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

worse FE in terms of characters I have liked

If I compare it to previous titles, I agree completely; though there are a handful I still really like in this one. Though I doubt anything will beat the feels I have for the awakening characters. 

Also another feature I would love to see, is to enable me choose units battle outfit, let say you have to unlock it first by reclassing or so, but I would also like to let them have the outfits from amiibo gazeebo, for Lyn, Celica and so on. 

34 minutes ago, Speedy said:

Also another feature I would love to see, is to enable me choose units battle outfit, let say you have to unlock it first by reclassing or so, but I would also like to let them have the outfits from amiibo gazeebo, for Lyn, Celica and so on

This 100%. I was so disappointed that you couldn't do this.  

On 3/27/2023 at 4:25 AM, ciphertul said:

Sadly no one, this has been the worse FE in terms of characters I have liked. I know it’s bad when I got the oath ring and never even took it from the drawer you put it it.

I have been having fun with Berserker Citrinne just because. I found it weird she had better Spd and Def over Panette.

Can’t agree enough. I thought Zephia might be an interesting villain… but no. Marnie and Griss got all their characterization in like a single scene. As for our allies… each of them has a very short time because they join in groups of three.

The story was also rather nonsensical at many parts. Usually I play a Fire Emblem game multiple times in the first month, only this and Fates have I only cleared it once.

In my current run, I'm using Goldmary with brave assist, dual assist +, and lance agility 5. I have her on micaiah's ring, and it's one of my favorite setups for the absurd amount of utility and chip damage it brings, ontop of being able to position her wherever I want most to of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a couple builds I like.

Yunaka and Chrom are incredible. I haven't even finished training her, I still have to level up Avo+20 and HP+10, but Surprise Attack and Brute Force are really all she needs, plus Thoron for dealing with enemies with high def. I usually have someone pulling up fog around her and dropping them in a wide-open field for enemies to flock to.

Alear and Corrin with Dual Support and Weapon Sync+, and also Framme as a martial master using Bonded Shield from Lucina, Geosphere+, and Quality Time+... The pair of them are so good at protecting the team while also healing, dishing out damage,  and boosting evasion, it's nuts.

Jade as a General with Book of Worlds and Lifesphere++ is a true waitbot.

And I'm not sure where the Alfred hate comes from, he and Eirika with Canter and Momentum are a genuinely broken build.

But my favorite build by far is Timerra. I am new to this forum but I am shocked I haven't found a single thread yet mentioning how broken she is. I have her with Geosphere+, Resolve+, and Hector's ring; her class is Picket and she has both S rank spears, each with appropriate engravings to ensure a 100% hit rate, and a Brave Lance for when I've decided a certain final boss no longer needs to live.

I'm bad at math, but my guess is that all the buffs to her Def boosts her Atk strength into the high 60s or 70s whenever she triggers Sandstorm, which is all the freaking time since her Dex is so high. The fact that critical hits is also tied to Dex means it's easy to go crit fishing with her using the Brave Lance with Camilla's engraving. She's the one character I have who literally hasn't died since promoting to her new class, I'm pretty sure she'd be my main on maddening mode.

1 hour ago, iloveflash said:

I am new to this forum

Firstly, welcome to the forums!

The issue with Timerra on maddening (at least without dlc) is her investment. Usually by the time you have her you already have an invested lance user. Her with Hector is a wonderful combo. I like using it with brave lance as well.

The Yunaka Chrom combo is what I am currently messing around with on my new run. It is very fun.