Fire Emblem Blog

blazekick360

Hey all,

I've been toying with the idea of starting a blog around Fire Emblem for a while now and I guess I'm now ready to actually start.

Here's a link to my first post (of hopefully many). Any feedback is greatly appreciated! https://vocal.media/gamers/a-challenger-approaches-many-in-fact

Writing about Smash in my first post might be an odd choice, but I'm hoping to write about more topics than just reaction posts to news.

Sounds great, I'll give it a rea-

sees that you called Calill "annoying"

Blocked. Reported. Shunned. Cancelled. Benched.

...Ahem. The Breidablik as a way to integrate more characters from Fire Emblem history is not a bad one. It follows in the vein of the original "Assist Trophies" - the Poké Balls. That said, I don't know if FE is quite at the level of recognizability to get this treatment. Even folks outside the Pokemon fandom will recognize Meowth, Togepi, the Eeveelutions, and a good chunk of the starters. But with Fire Emblem, very few characters outside of the handful already playable (i.e. Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucina) have anywhere near the cultural cache of many Poké Ball Mons. And while the Breidablik would give its "summons" more exposure, it could also be seen as "the Fire Emblem bias" at work.

In terms of "blue haired Sword Lords", it really feels like the series creators have screwed themselves in this regard. By cleaving to particular archetypes about what a Lord should look like, and how they should play as units, they've given rise to a scenario where any celebration of the main characters looks... homogeneous. Sure, there are exceptions and slight variations, but you can almost invariably count on "the main character" getting "the Sword that will kill the Dragon and save the world". And the most "interesting"-looking ones, Robin and Corrin, are Avatar characters, meaning they don't even have a single "canon" design!

This is my appeal to IS: give us a main character who is middle-aged. Make it a spell, not a sword, that saves the world. And, for the love of Ashera, give them a canon hair color that's not remotely a shade of blue.