Fell Xenologue Early Clear?

Leoerus

I cleared this "fun" bit of DLC content on a maddening run I've nearly completed, and have planned out another maddening run using all of those units. Planning to get them right before chapter 10 so I have more emblems, notably michiah and celica.

I tried on maddening, but after the first 2 maps I threw my hands up and went to normal. It was a slog, but not necessarily hard. But that was because I had some really good builds from endgame maddening that carried me through. Ike Timerra, Veyle with soren and the insane flare crit tanking, and even just having a build out kagetsu and dancer made this a lot more barable

What im wondering is if anyone has cleared it early game and what that experience was like. Was it doable? Was it not doable? Did it take a long time? This is in the context of normal, I am not ever going to try this on a harder difficulty, I dont think the maps are that fun tbh, rather I just want to run the characters and classes.

48 minutes ago, Leoerus said:

I cleared this "fun" bit of DLC content on a maddening run I've nearly completed, and have planned out another maddening run using all of those units. Planning to get them right before chapter 10 so I have more emblems, notably michiah and celica.

I tried on maddening, but after the first 2 maps I threw my hands up and went to normal. It was a slog, but not necessarily hard. But that was because I had some really good builds from endgame maddening that carried me through. Ike Timerra, Veyle with soren and the insane flare crit tanking, and even just having a build out kagetsu and dancer made this a lot more barable

What im wondering is if anyone has cleared it early game and what that experience was like. Was it doable? Was it not doable? Did it take a long time? This is in the context of normal, I am not ever going to try this on a harder difficulty, I dont think the maps are that fun tbh, rather I just want to run the characters and classes.

I cleared it early. It took me forever and a migraine to do it in maddening after chapter 6. I had to push into chapter 7 and go back. The dlc characters are all 20+. It causes the divine parslogues to scale super high. I am now in the battle of completing those lol. But the new characters are fun. I would recommend you drop down to hard to save yourself time/sanity when doing it the dlc on a new file. On normal mode it will be a breeze imo.

6 hours ago, BloodRonin said:

I cleared it early. It took me forever and a migraine to do it in maddening after chapter 6. I had to push into chapter 7 and go back. The dlc characters are all 20+. It causes the divine parslogues to scale super high. I am now in the battle of completing those lol. But the new characters are fun. I would recommend you drop down to hard to save yourself time/sanity when doing it the dlc on a new file. On normal mode it will be a breeze imo.

Bet, thanks for sharing your insight!