So my dad bought my sister a PSP...

Liz

Oh, it looks like I was beaten again.

Anyway, the topic:

Daxter

Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure

LocoRoco

All of those games can be labeled as "kid-friendly," but they're also really good games by themselves. Daxter, especially is the best platformer on the handheld.

Other than what other members have already said, Tekken for the PSP is a very good portable fighting game.
First off, you should check sites like IGN and Gamespot to look for games and make sure they don't suck. I haven't played/seen Daxter, but if she's played the Jak games, which sound perfect for her (even though it's perfect for EVERYONE) she'd love it.

ooh! thanks for reminding me of LocoRoco. I've played a demo version of that game, its pretty fun! and i'll look into the other games~!

so, with those suggestions, the list is:

Crash Bandicoot: Mind over Mutant

Sonic Rivals

Crash of the Titans

Megaman Powered Up

Maverick Hunter X

Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles

PSP Sega Genesis Collection

Daxter

Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure

LocoRoco

Tekken

Jak

...and i believe the list is good enough now. i'll check out all of the titles to see which game convinces me the most. and now, this thread becomes a savage battle to defend the best title from the list above. Basically, just say why you like the games so much and are good and such.

I wouldn't say never trust professional reviews EVER. Some review sites are better than others and you should canvas as much sites as possible to get a good understanding of the game.

that's pretty much what i do whenever i bother to look up games which is like, hardly ever

reading just one review is never enough. but by reading several reviews, you get a fuller scope on the game. and reading many reviews tends to remove that really awful thing called bias.