"Nintendo" isn't the only N-Word Reviewers are seeing in Animal Crossing...

Zephrion

Says right when you start up the game: "Online interactions not rated by ESRB". Nintendo had nothing to do with it.

Edited by Hanz

Ah yes how to get past filers... use the upside down ! to write shit or you could do this less elegant use the accented letters to write the words...if accented letters are blockes try using some aternative like |\|...

What I would ask, is there anyone who actually thought this kind of stuff wouldn't begin to show up? Mario Kart suffered from it, as have virtually all of Nintendo's online games :/ It's just not something possible to block without paying a bunch of people to either enter virtually all forms of a "naughty word" or to simply check name rosters repeatedly.

When I saw a thing on this a day or two ago, I initially thought it was a randomly generated thing that wasn't from an online user, but just overlooked

Edited by Celice

How does this even merit an article? Someone said a naughty word in an E-rated game with online content which ESRB won't vouch for, and you start fucking blogging about it? Jesus Christ.

or to simply check name rosters repeatedly.

They do that for Mario Kart Wii and the Mii Contest Channel. Notice how Hitler never appears. Well okay, Hitler does keep on appearing in Mario Kart Wii but the name Hitler is blocked...

Finally! Nintendo understand my people!

Seriously, if this was the online play, why are people not using common sense? The ESRB can not touch anyone within online mode, so of course you will get a shitload of immature children (and adults) who think using cuss words makes them look bad ass.

Attention Whoring, anyone?

They do that for Mario Kart Wii and the Mii Contest Channel. Notice how Hitler never appears. Well okay, Hitler does keep on appearing in Mario Kart Wii but the name Hitler is blocked...

I remember hearing on GBAtemp, about the shortcut in one of the volcano tracks, where you basically do a short circuit directly near the starting strip--the leader board for for that track was for a time topped with some "encrypted" user name about something Nintendo didn't like... after everyone started to learn the trick, they attempted to keep getting "funny" words on there >.>