What to do with Amber and Pandreo

Barren

So far for my maddening run Amber is a level 15 cavalier and and Pandreo is a level 3 High Priest. I just did the Lyn Paralogue as well.

For Pandreo, I’m not sure if I want to second seal him to either Sage or Mage Knight. Sage allows him to keep staves at A rank and get S rank tomes. While Mage Knight with sword and tome makes him more offensive. He’s got a good build stat so he wouldn’t get weighed down as much when using a Levin Sword or a Bolganone/Thoron.

I do plan on making Framme an Enchanter once I get Soren (admittedly I didn’t think to do so before the end of chapter 10 so I didn’t get dagger proficiency). Plus I’m definitely using Ivy and Hortensia, so maybe having someone with an A rank in staves can round out my staff users nicely.

Amber, who I have been hearing good things about of late thanks to his good HP, Strength and Luck growth, can become basically Panette 2.0. Certainly better than Diamant. I’m thinking either Hero, Wolf Knight, Warrior or Halberdier. I know that Paladin is okay but I have heard that having S rank in most weapons (aside from probably tomes) isn’t really necessary. Though S rank weapons really don’t matter until end game. I like chain attack spamming, though Wolf Knight for him would require only a master seal with a dagger proficiency (thank you Soren). Halberdier and Warrior feels like better fits for him, and I know how useful Warriors are.

Any tips going forward would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

On 6/25/2023 at 12:08 PM, Barren said:

For Pandreo, I’m not sure if I want to second seal him to either Sage or Mage Knight. Sage allows him to keep staves at A rank and get S rank tomes. While Mage Knight with sword and tome makes him more offensive. He’s got a good build stat so he wouldn’t get weighed down as much when using a Levin Sword or a Bolganone/Thoron.

Both of these builds are good. Do whichever one strikes your fancy and/or whichever one your team needs more.

On 6/25/2023 at 12:08 PM, Barren said:

Amber, who I have been hearing good things about of late thanks to his good HP, Strength and Luck growth, can become basically Panette 2.0. Certainly better than Diamant. I’m thinking either Hero, Wolf Knight, Warrior or Halberdier. I know that Paladin is okay but I have heard that having S rank in most weapons (aside from probably tomes) isn’t really necessary.

You're correct that S rank weapons don't matter much in this game. The main reason to keep Amber in Paladin is because it saves a Second Seal (and/or the 2500 gold to buy one). Beyond that... it depends on what you want. I like three of the classes you mentioned in general, and the one I'm less keen on (Halberdier) is at least a pretty good fit for him. It might depend on what emblems you have available.

Whatever you choose, I'd recommend promoting him soon. There's really not much reason to hold off on promotions in this game, and if you've done the Lyn paralogue, you're probably either far enough to buy as many Master Seals as you need, or close.