How to play FE6 on the Switch (in Japanese)

Nintendo seems to have changed the ability for you to change the region of your My Nintendo account to do this more easily, so I made another method. If you do not mind playing in Japanese and are morally against sailing the high seas (or simply just want to play FE6 on your Switch), this is for you. This will work for FE1, 3, 4, and 6. You will need an existing Nintendo Switch Online subscription and (for FE6) pay for the expansion pass.

1. Go to the My Nintendo website and create a new account. Set your region to Japan while creating the account. Do NOT pay for a new NSO subscription for this account.

2. Create a new user for your Switch in the system settings, or use an existing user with no My Nintendo account linked to it. 

3. Go to the E-shop with this user account.

4. You will be prompted to link a My Nintendo account to this user account in order to access the E-shop. Link the new Japanese account you created.

5. Once in the E-shop, go to the NSO section and download the desired app. Download the Famicom app for FE1, the Super Famicom app for FE3 and FE4, and the GBA app for FE6. 

6. Once downloaded, log into the app using the user account linked with the My Nintendo account that has the active NSO subscription and NOT the one linked to your new Japanese account. While loading the app, they will only check for an active My Nintendo account. They will not check for your region, so these apps will work just fine.

7. Enjoy playing Japanese Fire Emblem.