Corrupted Dialogues Project

Hrothgar777

So I'm currently in the middle of my second Engage playthrough, and my interest in this game is at its absolute peak at the moment. With that in mind I had a morbid thought:

What if, in Classic Mode, your fallen allies were resurrected in later chapters as corrupted shells of their former selves in the service of Sombron's undead armies? Optional sub-bosses appearing on maps where the main objective is to defeat somebody else or escape, they would have combat dialogues with a few people they formerly knew. For example, dead Ivy with Hortensia or dead Alcryst with Lapis.

This thread is intended to be a collaborative fanfiction. Anyone can contribute; I plan to do some, but to be honest my motivation is flaky at best. So go ahead and knock yourselves out, if there are interactions between cast members you'd want to write.

Rules:

1. Use line breaks properly. Don't make the whole thing one big paragraph.

2. To add immersion to this, please include the chapter where the interaction happens. Suffice to say do not pick a chapter preceding when you recruit one or both characters.

3. Let's have a minimum length of three sentences. Preferably both characters should talk.

4. This isn't a requirement so much as a recommendation; I suggest reading/watching the supports to get some characterization before you begin writing.

5. Do as you please with their personalities, so long as you don't veer into the patently ridiculous. For example, making corrupted Vander meow like a cat just for the heck of it. Anything that would deliberately break immersion is a no-no.

Edited by Hrothgar777

Corrupted Framme, w/ Clanne, Chapter 11, "Retreat"

Clanne: *gasps* Framme...?! No, you're not...

Framme: *giggles* Heya, Clanne, it's been a little while, hasn't it? Didja know? Dying is really, really scary. Everything went black, and I kept calling out your name, but you never answered me. And it hurt, so unbelievably bad... *giggles* it's okay, though. Lord Sombron fixed me right up, and I don't feel anything anymore.

Clanne: Please, I can't take this. I already buried my sister. Just stop...

Framme: Doesn't that just sound wonderful, Clanne? The two of us can be together again. We won't have to be sad, we won't ever have to feel pain. And all you have to do...is come a little closer!

Corrupted Framme, w/ Alear, Chapter 11, "Retreat"

Alear: Framme?!

Framme: Hey, Divine One. Looks like I didn't make it, huh.

Alear: Framme, I don't want to fight you! Please lower your weapon!

Framme: Sorry. I wish I could, but this body of mine just won't do as I ask. Seems the only reason I'm still here...is to kill you!

Corrupted Alfred, w/ Boucheron, Chapter 23, "The Four Hounds"

Alfred: Boucheron. As big a crybaby as ever, it seems. You can save the tears, by the way. I can't remember the last time I've felt this good.

Boucheron: Prince Alfred...it breaks my heart to see you like this.

Alfred: Funny you should mention hearts. See, I'll let you in on a little secret. Mine was defective from birth. I spent my entire life petrified by fear, worrying that the ticker inside me would stop ticking at any time. I'd lie awake at night with my hand over my chest, wondering if that was gonna be the moment it all ended. *laughs* But wouldn't you know it, Boucheron? My heart's not beating anymore, and I feel just fine! Here, come closer and I'll let you feel it for yourself.

Boucheron: Indeed, your heart no longer beats, my Prince. Then let us be done with this farce.

Corrupted Alfred w/Etie, Chapter 23, "The Four Hounds"

Etie: Prince Alfred...there's so much I wish I'd said to you while I had the chance. I wish more than anything that we could go back to our morning runs. Lifting our workout teacups, making a toast to fitness.

Alfred: And why would I want to do that? I hate exercise.

Etie: ...!

Alfred: It's true. Exercise is unpleasant. It makes you hot. It makes you tired, sweaty, and gross. I never enjoyed it even once. Oh, I tried to convince myself that I did, but that was just a coping mechanism. The only thing motivating me to work out was fear that my heart would stop if I didn't. But now that I'm dead anyway, I guess I can be honest: I hated all of it. And I hated you, Etie.

Etie: No...This is not my Alfred talking. These are the words of a stranger. And I won't let you make a mockery of him any longer. I'll cut you down here and now!

Corrupted Alfred w/ Celine, Chapter 23, "The Four Hounds"

Alfred: Celine. I was hoping I'd run into you again.

Celine: So, this is what you've become. Sombron has made you fight against your own country. You're nothing more than a puppet dancing on strings, pretending to be my brother.

Alfred: What are you talking about? I'm freer now than I've ever been.

Celine: Quit lying.

Alfred: Oh, I'm not lying. See, my whole life was determined by circumstances beyond my control. Nobody asked me if I wanted to be prince. Nobody asked me if I wanted to inherit a life-threatening heart condition. But now? *laughs* I'm off the hook, Celine! I'm free, and it feels amazing. If you want to put me back in that coffin, then you're just gonna have to kill me again.

Celine: *pained gasp* ...No. I will do what I must, for the sake of my people. So be it. I accept your challenge, Alfred...or whoever you are.

Edited by Hrothgar777