Elder Scrolls IV

Thingy Person

PC or Ecks-Bawks? or the shitty PS3

Mods are especially vital to the game--the leveling system is atrocious, as are most forms of enemies-level-with-you. Get Obscuro's Oblivion Overhaul as quickly as possible--it adds a few new quests, items, adjusts the leveling system to make it more like an RPG, where the farther you go from civilization, the stronger enemies get--including a slew of new enemies, as well as scaling to their difficulty, literally in size; bartering had been adjusted, prices fluctuate from town to town. Just a bunch of good stuff which overall makes the game more appreciative--it also kills off that asinine mechanic where since things level with you, good equipment is made available up front, as the measly thiefs along side the roads not only are as strong as the end-game Hero, but also carrying Glass and Daedric equipment >.>

Unique Landscapes is also a good mod to pick up. It personalizes many locales in the land, giving many stark empty bland areas into old towns, dark swaps and forests, cliff sides, and worn pathways long forgotten. There's also a few mods to get the game running better--remove unnecessary polygons from ricks, grass, and a number of other things without removing their level of detail, all improving your mileage (depending on how old your system is).

Khajiiti thieves FTW!

I'm a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls series, though I've only played Morrowind and Oblivion.

If you have it on the PC, get Shivering Isles, and some good mods, nao.

I poured weeks of my life in Oblivion. Have fun with it, but don't get too attached to your first character. Odds are he won't turn out too great in your first playthrough, since it takes some time to understand the leveling system. Tinker around with some mechanics, then start your second playthrough with an idea of how you want your dude to turn out.

Yay :D

I'd check out TESnexus for downloads, especially their Top 100 download section for starting off. Once you got a strong character going, or feel able, you can get the mass-lands mods, like the ones which recreates Vvardenfell from Morrowind, including the expansions' areas (if memory serves, these aren't the copy-right issue ones, but "100%" manual recreations).

If you like, I could go through my mod collection and see if there's anything good to suggest ^^

For the PC. I'll check that out...

Also, robbing people is fun. Except nobody will buy that jeweled necklace.

Become part of the Thieves guild. Their "fencing" is a godsend when you have stolen goods to get rid of. Also, I am really envious of those of you who were smart and got the PC version. My "ecks-bawks" isn't very community mod friendly it would seem. And the graphics for the interface is different... I watched my friend play his PC copy and was like "huh, I don't remember that being in that color scheme..."

~KaiserPhoenix

About the interface color... he pro'lly got a UI mod. Personally, I prefer the vanilla one than a modified one, to an extent. Now, Fallout 3 is a different matter :E

Anyone who enjoys the game and doesn't have the PC version of the game should really think about moving on to it, even if they played Oblivion repeatedly already.

Well, icons are yeah, due to representing buttons and the like, but I'm pretty sure the UI is virtually the same between each >.> At least, by the way everyone describes the vanilla UI, that is.

Just now looking at some 360 footage, buttno icons are the only thing I really see different from the vanilla UI. What did his look like exactly :?