How does the battle history tab work?

Loffy

I just recently bought a copy of fe7 and was planning on 100% completing it. I just was wondering if anyone knew how the battle history tab saves data from playthroughs, for example if i first complete an S rank 5 star playthrough of eliwood normal, then replay eliwood normal and do a challenge run that would not allow me to achieve 5 stars, would the subsequent playthrough write over the initial 5 star run of the game, or does it save only the best ranked playthrough of each story and difficulty.

It saves only the best run. To my knowledge, there's no way to see the "report card" of a worse-performing run. So if you want to have a "bad run", and have proof to show of it, you need to do so before your "perfect run".

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

It saves only the best run. To my knowledge, there's no way to see the "report card" of a worse-performing run. So if you want to have a "bad run", and have proof to show of it, you need to do so before your "perfect run".

Ok perfect, ya I was only looking for it to save the 5 star runs, just for the copy to look 100%'d, thanks for your help!

7 hours ago, Loffy said:

Ok perfect, ya I was only looking for it to save the 5 star runs, just for the copy to look 100%'d, thanks for your help!

Neat, good luck! In case you didn't know, you can use the Afa's Drops to control who "comments" on your report card. So it might be worthwhile if you have a favorite character you want to be featured.