Super Sentai ideas

Perkilator

I've been getting into tokusatsu and it made mull over potential Super Sentai themes. So that's why I made this thread! If you're at all familiar with Super Sentai and/or Power Rangers, then this is the thread to let your ideas shine. As for mine:

• Earth Squadron Gaiaranger (地球戦隊ガイアレンジャー)
    • Motifs: Seasons, elements
  • Strategy Squadron Chessranger (戦略戦隊チェスレンジャー)
    • Motifs: Chess, role-playing games
    • The heroes are based on shogi (Japanese chess) and the villains are based on Western chess
  • History Squadron Epoch Ranger (歴史戦隊エポックレンジャー)
    • Motifs: Different periods of Japanese history
  • Heaven Squadron Rock-Onger (天国戦隊ロックオンガー)
    • Motifs: Angels, rock-and-roll
    • The villains would be demons with classical music motifs

Ha ha, I used to be really into doing this (but with American "Power Rangers" instead of the Japanese original). Like, I came up with so many different themes over the years. Ocean, cyber, more space stuff, more prehistoric stuff, construction workers, spy, sports, etc. In terms of sheer volume of TV show ideas I came up with and subsequently fleshed out in my head, I was probably the most prolific in the entire Power Rangers fandom lol.

The last one I did was actually in college, and it was also my only attempt to do something serious-ish that would appeal to adults. It was before I became a heavy anime watcher but around the time I first heard of a little something from the 90s called Neon Genesis Evangelion, which I developed an obsession with after hearing the epic theme song and reading from Wikipedia that it had deep philosophy in it.

Suffice to say, my idea objectively sucked. But I feel like talking about it, so the premise was this:

By 2036, everyone in the developed world, and a sizable chunk of the global south, has a chip in their brains that connects them to the internet. The next generation of software can tap into all five senses and create simulated realities. But this enables sophisticated hackers to access the human mind directly, especially while they were unconscious.

A sinister N*zi-holdout organization known as Ecclesia, whose mobile headquarters was a recommissioned Russian nuclear submarine sailing around the waters of Antarctica, began sending operatives into program bodies to enter the dreams of targeted individuals, hoping to compromise their minds. Their aim was to breach the "Seven Layers of Heaven", a global effort to prevent control of the world's nuclear arsenals from falling into Ecclesia's hands.

The Pentagon developed its own program of simulated warriors to counteract these operatives by intercepting them in real time and fighting them in the colorful worlds of dreams. They are the Power Rangers, and this is a "it starts out with 3 of them. primary color coded" series.

Oh, and the entire cast is dysfunctional in bizarre ways that, looking back, meant nobody could've taken this seriously if they heard about it.

Edited by Hrothgar777