Help Emulating Thracia 776

ForsetiMaster2006

Hello everyone! Over the past year or so I've been slowly going through the entire Fire Emblem franchise from start to finish, and I've finally gotten to Thracia (which I decided to Blind Ironman, so I'll see how that goes). There's just one problem: No matter what I do the game doesn't work. I was successfully able to patch the game and get it running on Mesen-S, but once I select a save file after hitting new game it doesn't go to the opening cutscene and I lose all control (the music is still going though, so it didn't freeze). Has anyone encountered this issue before or know how to deal with it? Thanks.

For reference, this is the translation I'm using:

Romhacking.net - Translations - Fire Emblem: Thracia 776

Mmm did you try another emulator like Snes9x?
Also did your patch your game with a different CRC32?
from the README :

NOTE+: Some emulators are not compatible with Lil' Manster, as the ROM's size was changed. Snes9x et bsnes work fine out of the box, and "ZSNES 8MB custom build" works just as well.

49 minutes ago, link16hit said:

Mmm did you try another emulator like Snes9x?
Also did your patch your game with a different CRC32?
from the README :

I didn't try any other emulators, so i'll see if that works. I didn't try before because I liked the feel of Mesen-S and had no problems with it up until this point (ones I couldn't fix, anyway), but if I have to use something else its not the end of the world. I guess I just assumed when it meant "didn't work" on certain emulators it meant that it wouldn't load outright. Makes me wonder why Project Naga worked on Mesen but not this...

Edited by ForsetiMaster2006

Update: I downloaded Snes9x, and the ROM worked. Unfortunately, I don't like the feel of this emulator (and it looks a bit too fuzzy for me) but I guess if this is the only way I just have to deal with it. If absolutely anyone is able to get this working on Mesen-S then please let me know, since other translations for FE3 and FE4 have worked perfectly fine for me before this. Regardless, thanks for helping me!

On 10/5/2023 at 4:49 PM, ForsetiMaster2006 said:

Update: I downloaded Snes9x, and the ROM worked. Unfortunately, I don't like the feel of this emulator (and it looks a bit too fuzzy for me) but I guess if this is the only way I just have to deal with it. If absolutely anyone is able to get this working on Mesen-S then please let me know, since other translations for FE3 and FE4 have worked perfectly fine for me before this. Regardless, thanks for helping me!

AWESOME!! Good luck and I hope you enjoy the game. I didn't Ironman it when I played it but I realllllly struggled with my lack of information before hand