Dancing Mad

Donatello

wasn't too nostalgic because I didn't beat the game until about a year ago, right around when I completed XII as well :lol: although I think my more favorite/memorable musics were from the Shadow Hearts series :mellow: also I think I finished FFVI final boss before the track could loop

Kefka was too easy to beat.

Maybe because I overtrained a lot. D:

That's what everyone says. Hmm... maybe we over anticipate and the final boss simply because it's the last event in the game. On the other hand , I've talked to people who've said that even underleveled, he was still too easy.

Anyways, here's to one of the best games to hit the SNES ( possibly the best FF ever.)

No offence to you, Carion, but I really don't get why people compare FFVI to FFVII. I mean sure, it's better than VII but I don't really think it warrants a comparison. The ones I've seen are Kefka > Sephiroth and Dancing Mad > One Winged Angel. I think that all are great on their own (yes, I like Sephiroth. Shoot me, do whatever, I don't care).

Unless of course, you were just trying to joke. If that's the case then my sincerest apologies.

Brings back memories of when there was this fan site dedicated to the music of the series, arrangements too, but it was eventually converted into something like sqauresound.com. Then they only hosted sheet music, and I stopped paying attention to it.

That's what everyone says. Hmm... maybe we over anticipate and the final boss simply because it's the last event in the game. On the other hand , I've talked to people who've said that even underleveled, he was still too easy.

He is too easy. His strong attacks take too long to come out (and don't seem that strong) and the knock down to 1HP event is too sparse and too easy to fix at that point of the game.

Plus he doesn't have a low HP berserk mode like the FFIV and FFV final bosses have basically when their HP gets really low they start using Meteor really, really frequently. I rmemeber my last FFIV playthruogh I had just Cecil left and just attacked hoping I would out live the boss...I did

I hate to be a spoil sport, but I don't think FFVI's soundtrack has aged very well. I used to think it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I have a hard time listening to it compared to quite a few modern soundtracks. Maybe I just overplayed the damn thing.

Unless of course, you were just trying to joke. If that's the case then my sincerest apologies.

Nah, don't sweat it.

Sephiroth is not bad, but the problem with him it's that he's too popular.

Let set this, then: Dancing Mad and FFVI are the better Soundtrack and FF game from the 2d Era, and OWA and FFVII from the 3d Era.

although X-Death beats them all

Ah, I see now.

I just kinda don't like how everywhere people compare FFVI to VII and saying it trumps it in every way possible. I'm not sure about that, actually. Some features in FFVII were better (I'm going to get hanged for this) like the materia system (which was, in a way, like an upgraded/expanded Esper system) and also things like Limit Breaks.

The point I'm making is that, doing that is just as bad as FFVII fanboyism (no offence to you or anybody else here). If you truly believe it then I'm fine with that, but if you're doing it just because FVII is overrated then yeah, that's bad.

Well anyway, to get back on topic, Dancing Mad is a fabulous song. Nobuo Uematsu had almost the same style for the 2D games and it was more or less the same for FFVII. But it changed almost completely, come FFVIII. I wonder if he was tired of his old style or something, or just changed his style to fit the newer games. Regardless, he's still a great composer, and Dancing Mad is one of his best works.

Edited by Nightmare

Some features in FFVII were better (I'm going to get hanged for this) like the materia system (which was, in a way, like an upgraded/expanded Esper system) and also things like Limit Breaks.

FFVI was the first FF game to have limit breaks in it you know. They are just more commonly known by the Japanese name for limit breaks; desperation attacks. Sure they are not as flashy, as exciting (they were all basically high damamge attacks...amazing early game if you have luck as doing 2000 damage to early bosses is devastating) or nearly as obvious seriously, low health, battle must have lasted at least 40 seconds and even then it is a small chance

That put aside FFVII did it better since you'll actually see them without being told how.