Oh dear stars above, no...

grandjackal

Funny you mention turning Passion of the Christ into a comedy though. It's called The Life of Brian, thanks to Monty Python.

Unfair, Life of Brian came first. :P

That's odd. The MacGuffin and the robot's young human friend/s are accounted for and you've still got the two sets of giant robots battling it out, but most of said robots have little to no personality or even dialogue, to say nothing of the general lack of banter during battle.

I found they had enough personality to speak for individuality. Should there be a lot of banter during battle?

I found they had enough personality to speak for individuality. Should there be a lot of banter during battle?

You could maybe say that about the Autobots, though I thought the ones not named Optimus Prime or Bumblebee still needed more screentime, but aside from like Megatron and Frenzy, the Decepticons were pretty much void of any personality or dialogue.

And if it's being faithful to the show, yes, there should be.

You could maybe say that about the Autobots, though I thought the ones not named Optimus Prime or Bumblebee still needed more screentime, but aside from like Megatron and Frenzy, the Decepticons were pretty much void of any personality or dialogue.

And if it's being faithful to the show, yes, there should be.

There is little dialogue I would have found being needed to be added. A bit shaved off Lebouf's character, but as it stands it was a pretty damn good updated look at the franchise as a whole.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I liked the time spent on Lebouf more than if he had given it to a Decepticon lackey. Aside from Megatron and perhaps Starscream, I don't remember or give a shit about any of the others.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I liked the time spent on Lebouf more than if he had given it to a Decepticon lackey. Aside from Megatron and perhaps Starscream, I don't remember or give a shit about any of the others.

Well yes, that's the point. I don't care about them either, because they had no personality or dialogue. >_> Even Starscream had pretty little going for him other than the name, though he apparently has a bigger role in the sequel so yay.

Really, I think the movie works better if thought of as just another one of dozens of Transformers media rather than "G1 but better."

Edited by Fruitloop Multipuck