Worst weapon type in this game overall

Still doesn't fail as much as using a sword against them. And Wyrmslayers? 15 uses ftl. And there are only two of them in the whole game. Not to mention the issue of still facing WTD.

Three actually IIRC.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say that the Wyvern Lord would be the target of opertunity for our Wrymslay-guy. Not the Wyvern Riders.

Again, if it's enemy phase, then we end up wasting uses on the small fry.

Three actually IIRC.

Huh?

Yup, she's right.

There's at least one for each route split (this includes the Ilia, Sacae) then there's a 3rd one in the chest in C22.

Wyrmslayers should be reserved for the more annoying Mamkutes IMO.

Edited by Colonel M

Yup, she's right.

There's at least one for each route split (this includes the Ilia, Sacae) then there's a 3rd one in the chest in C22.

(cheks item locations page) Damn it... Guess that's what I get for not being able to play it lately.

Yup, he's right.

fix'd.

If magic counts in this, dark magic would be the worst. You get three users, sophia starts level one with olwenesque stats, Ray joins late as well, and Niime, who also joins late basically is staff utility.

If magic counts in this, dark magic would be the worst. You get three users, sophia starts level one with olwenesque stats, Ray joins late as well, and Niime, who also joins late basically is staff utility.

DUDE! APOCALYPSE MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU?

Apocalypse is overkill on mamkutes. XD I love seeing a critical with 74 damage (that's with apocalypse). :D

I don't get why the main argument against dark magic is "The users suck". It's about the weapons not the people using it. Unless you make 2 units with the exact same stats hold the weapons to show which is worst, units =/= weapons.

I don't get why the main argument against dark magic is "The users suck". It's about the weapons not the people using it. Unless you make 2 units with the exact same stats hold the weapons to show which is worst, units =/= weapons.

What is the point of a weapon if no one can use it? I think Ray is a good unit, he isn't efficient.

So what? 23 might and 12 weight, or 14 might and 6 weight? 14x2>23. Try giving Apocalypse to anyone but Ray.

Edited by Kempf

Actually, no it doesn't. I don't care one bit for dark magic. Or for that matter, axes in this game.

Olwen had a tome to accomodate his suckage too (Dime Thunder). Sophia has shit. Literally.

Niime, as I keep pointing out time and time again, is likely the best. Ray doesn't join totally late and at least has some base stats to speak of, he just needs something like a Speedwing to patch up his doubling issue.

Then again, Apocalypse is a fucking nuke. I don't care how many people say that Dark Magic is terrible in this game (I kind of disagree and would rather point toward Light, but others here would disagree), Apocalypse and Nosferatu are the saviors in this game.

Ranged weapons suck in general. Javelins and Hand Axes? B.L.E.C.H.

Olwen had a tome to accomodate his suckage too

You're pretty bad with genders, Mustard.

and yeah, Dark Magic pwns, what sucks is the users, etc. That being said, I want to say swords are the worst once the isles are bypassed.

Olwen had a tome to accomodate his suckage too (Dime Thunder). Sophia has shit. Literally.

Niime, as I keep pointing out time and time again, is likely the best. Ray doesn't join totally late and at least has some base stats to speak of, he just needs something like a Speedwing to patch up his doubling issue.

Then again, Apocalypse is a fucking nuke. I don't care how many people say that Dark Magic is terrible in this game (I kind of disagree and would rather point toward Light, but others here would disagree), Apocalypse and Nosferatu are the saviors in this game.

Ranged weapons suck in general. Javelins and Hand Axes? B.L.E.C.H.

First off, Olwen is a girl.

Second, conisdering that, between the worst character in the game aside from Wendy, a prepromo who's basically staff utility, and a shaman who's hard to train, THOSE are my choices for dark magic users... *as Falco* I'll pass, Fox. I pick D: None of the above.

Sure, Nosferatu owns, but Apocalypse? I couldn't care less.

Apocalypse is overkill on mamkutes. XD I love seeing a critical with 74 damage (that's with apocalypse). :D

This, dude, is exactly my point.

As I was saying, statistically, lances are quite inferior.

The worst units with each weapon (excluding Light and Staves)?

Anima: Lilina

Dark: Sophia

Swords: Cath (redeemed because she is a thief)

Axes: Ward

Bows: Walt/Dorothy (meh I think they suck about equally)

Lances: Wendy

Wendy obviously has move problems too, but aside from that, her offense is clearly the worst in the entire game since she's stuck to lances, which aren't good against anything.

Edited by A2ZOMG

Anima: Lilina

Swords: Cath (redeemed because she is a thief)

Bows: Walt/Dorothy (meh I think they suck about equally)

This is so ridiculous. Let's list the best units with each weapon instead!

Anima: Lugh

Dark: Ray/Niime

Swords: Rutger

Axes: Echidna

Bows: Klein/Shin

Lances: Allen/Lance/Percival/Miledy

Therefore, swords are clearly the best in the game, with dark being the worst.

Edited by dondon151

And the axes you seem to hold in very high regard have ass-bad accuracy in general. The Swordreaver, Killer Axe, and Iron Axe are the only axes to even scrape together 60% Hit. Everything else has less than that. Blech. What point is there in having huge attack if you can't even land the blows?

Yeah, and with people like Gonzales that can ONLY use axes makes using him worse than it already is in the normal mode.

Then I'm going to remind you, that's a fail idea since handaxes > javelins (2 more damage, 5 more hit, 8-10 more evade). Then there is other stuff like the Wyvernslayer which lets you kill Wyverns really fast.

Which all goes to reinforce my point that lances almost never have any "real" practical use. If Javelins started being very reliably accurate against those mercs that exist, then I would think otherwise, but no, they don't have that luxury, meaning you're probably sticking to Bows or magic whenever you need to not take a counter vs those.

Unless that they are Knight Killers which are more useful against those Cavs/Pallies than a Horseaxe. 20% more accuracy along with it having 4 less weight than a Horseaxe.

This, dude, is exactly my point.

As I was saying, statistically, lances are quite inferior.

Anima: Lilina (No, she has the highest Mt and good enough speed to use them. Lugh doesn't grow enough Mag and that he is more trouble than he's worth in the HM. Ever try using her in every chapter?)

Swords: Cath (redeemed because she is a thief) (This may say different in the HM, but starting at E level in Swords makes her harder to use than any other thief without arena/boss abuse.)

Bows: Walt/Dorothy (meh I think they suck about equally) (Not Dorothy. She can grow 10% more Str, 5% more speed and Res than Wolt.)

Wendy obviously has move problems too, but aside from that, her offense is clearly the worst in the entire game since she's stuck to lances, which aren't good against anything.

This is so ridiculous. Let's list the best units with each weapon instead!

Anima: Lugh (He only will get good in the endgame, but nobody wants to wait that long. Plus he has a 35% chance at getting RNG screwed. Use Lilina. She will get enough power than him before class change and being easier to train in the HM than Lugh. Lugh is phail in the HM as he easily gets owned in the beginning getting one shotted by those Steel Axes Fighters in chapter 5 and two shotted by the Hand Axe ones as he can get double attacked by them!)

Dark: Ray/Niime

Swords: Rutger (I would say that Fir is another canidate. Unless that it is personnel experience she will grow more Power and Luck than Rutty boy! =) )

Axes: Echidna (Why Echidna?? I would think that Oujay would be a better canidate. Better Str, Speed and Luck than her. Also, he can use the Devil Axe without hardly worrying about it backfiring unless that you are really unlucky. The Devil Axe gives off more weapon EXP than any other weapon in the game!)

Bows: Klein/Shin (Why not Sue? She grows more speed and luck than Klein, and can support with Shin to make it even better giving them up to 15 in Crit, Avoid and 2 more in Str.)

Lances: Allen/Lance/Percival/Miledy

Therefore, swords are clearly the best in the game, with dark being the worst.

Well, Swords have more accuracy than any other weapon in the game other than Anima tomes. Plus elemental Swords make it even better on low Res enemies upon which many have, and can one/two ko any Wyvern troop with Wyrmslayers. Personally, I find Swords and Anima magic most useful in the game.

Edited by Ursula

Olwen had a tome to accomodate his suckage too (Dime Thunder).

There is one part wrong with this sentence, and it is not the gender.

One of the problems Suzie has is kinda one of the problems her dad has: support options. Basically Roy will most likely be supporting with someone else. Dayan stinks as a fighter. Walt is pretty cruddy. And I think Fae would have some trouble keeping up with her. Shin is her fastest support option, but isn't WindXIce a fail support pairing? I wouldn't really want half of everything Ice and Wind has to offer. (Full accuracy and full crit evade doesn't help much.)

Yep. Suzie takes so much after her father in more ways than one.

Edited by Little Al

Well, Swords have more accuracy than any other weapon in the game other than Anima tomes. Plus elemental Swords make it even better on low Res enemies upon which many have, and can one/two ko any Wyvern troop with Wyrmslayers. Personally, I find Swords and Anima magic most useful in the game.

Problem: You get only ONE Light Brand until Chapter 23, and by then they're obsolete. And even then, it only does 10 damage when used from a distance. As for Wyrmslayers, 15 uses ftl.

Why not Sue? She grows more speed and luck than Klein, and can support with Shin to make it even better giving them up to 15 in Crit, Avoid and 2 more in Str.

She is one of the hardest characters to raise in the game. She joins at level 1 right before one of the hardest chapters in the game.

Problem: You get only ONE Light Brand until Chapter 23, and by then they're obsolete. And even then, it only does 10 damage when used from a distance. As for Wyrmslayers, 15 uses ftl.

She is one of the hardest characters to raise in the game. She joins at level 1 right before one of the hardest chapters in the game.

Sure she will need to be babied for awhile. But she can do well enough with a Short Bow until that she gets better in combat. Tough to raise for awhile, yes. But with careful planning and deployment, she will become the 2nd best bow user in the game.

Sure she will need to be babied for awhile. But she can do well enough with a Short Bow until that she gets better in combat. Tough to raise for awhile, yes. But with careful planning and deployment, she will become the 2nd best bow user in the game.

I did mention something about supports not helping her with a lot. With that said I'd personally put here right around the middle when it comes to bow users.

Edited by Little Al

Understatement of the century. With the exception of Sophia and Wendy, Sue is probably THE hardest character to raise. Also, there's the issue of ending up in Sacae.

What the hell is this shit I don't even want to respond...

Lilina is better and has good spd and other bullshit

Wrong.

Lugh can get double attacked or one-shotted by stuff!

Have you seen Lilina's base stats or what I don't think you can tell me with a straight face that Lilina doesn't get doubled and one-shotted by more stuff for longer

Fir is almost as good as Rutger

Not a chance.

OJ can use the Devil Axe and is better than Echidna

20/1 OJ has a 15-16% chance on average to have Devil Axe backfire. That's not good at all. He also joins crappy and gets good while Echidna joins good and stays good.

Sue

Here's a tip: relinquish your perception of the Est/Nino archetype because you will be laughed at forever.