~ So I just read the FE10 Walkthrough on SF ... ~

In that guy's defense, he DOES say some smart things occasionally.

Such as his ilyana one.

"But Ken, you don't know how to use mages! If you used them correctly and

protected them, they wouldn't get hit!" - You see that's the problem, why is

my whole army trying to make sure SHE doesn't get hit? Isn't there more

important things for my army to be doing? Besides, almost everyone needs

protection on Micaiah's team.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, in defense of his/her Ena statement it is a perfectly fine idea on Easy mode when all your other units are 20/20/15 or more at the start of 4-E. In NM it already starts to be stupid when using bexp costs a little more and your units aren't nearly that high anymore. And in HM it isn't even funny anymore.

And Elincia needs paragon in one chapter even in HM. As you showed me in the tier list everybody gains some benefit from paragon, but I still think she gets the most. And since the Ena statement clearly shows the person must have been playing easy mode, Elincia no longer needs paragon anyway so his/her statement is likely fine.

As for the Marcia Tanith thing, Marcia is better anyway and if we again go under the assumption the person is talking about Easy Mode, then Marcia can be better in every stat at this point because of just how much experience is gained.

And Volug is mostly pointless on easy mode anyway. HM is where he shines brightest.

So in summary, ignore guides clearly made for easy mode if you are playing NM or above. :P

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Some more awesome moments from Ken's guide.

Zihark comes back in Part 3 to help Ike's party

Say how to do it, moron.

Edward has Wrath... and Zihark has Adept... I consider them both

equal.

I lol'd pretty good. Adept = Wrath? Onan SM? Please. Activating whenever you feel like it > Activating in death range. Though to be fair Nealuchi makes damn good use of it in 2-E.

he's okay as far as Archers go.

This is for Leo, btw.

What the hell? Rolf = Leo? Bullshit.

regardless if you think Archers are worth taking into the final chapter

Shinon.

by chapter 4, Aran, Micaiah and Edward should more or less be at or exceeding his level anyway

Micaiah can since she needs it, but Aran and Eddie? Aran just joined and Ed is frail. 4 levels in 1-3 is awesome right? Especially since it can't ever happen, right?

Laura ... is NOT front-line material

Wow, I didn't know that!

Laura finishes Micaiah's playthrough at Level 16 - which is not unreasonable

Not unreasonable my ass.

Even worse, you can't de-equip Muarim's claws to help in the tanking department. He'll likely kill whatever he attacks... thus taking away valuable experience points from your units that so desperately need to promote by the end of Micaiah's chapters

There's such a thing as untransformed tanking. Works pretty well. His punch can damage an enemy for ~ half hp.

I'm gonna stop looking at that guide now.

Amazingly, he was talking NM. Besides, any leftover BEXP should go towards capping Cain and Giff's Spd, or to pump up Kurthnaga to a level 40 powerhouse.

Edited by Joshybear25

It's been about 8 months since I played easy mode, but you need the royals less and they don't need the speed boost because of the +5 thing. Plus you can boost both Kurth and Ena with Bexp once they cap stuff. Maybe the person made the guide from the Japanese version so it was EM, since jpn NM = na EM.

But if it was made off na NM, then I have nothing positive to say about it anymore.

You know, in defense of his/her Ena statement it is a perfectly fine idea on Easy mode when all your other units are 20/20/15 or more at the start of 4-E.

If your units are 20/20/15, then they want the BEXP to cap ram.

And Elincia needs paragon in one chapter even in HM.

You’re obviously not clear on what I was objecting to.

First off, Elincia's basically a suped-up Seraph Knight, which I really like.

The bolded part affects the score he gives Elincia even though it clearly shouldn’t. If you read the rest of his review about her, you can see obvious signs of bias everywhere.

Her starting stats are better than any of the Falcon Knights in the game. There's no reason NOT to use her.

He’s implying that Elincia should be used because she’s the best unit in her class. Rebecca is probably the best archer in FE7 but that alone isn’t a justification to use her.

That applies to this quote as well:

Whether Tanith is any good largely depends on how well you leveled up Marcia.

How good Marcia is has no bearing on Tanith’s utility as a unit. Well technically it does, but that has to do with army strength, not just competing with units within your specific class.

And Volug is mostly pointless on easy mode anyway. HM is where he shines brightest.

Volug isn’t any worse on EM than he is on HM, at least relative to enemies. My objection was mainly towards the “exp hog” argument he pulled. It’s also a bit of a double standard he pulled since he didn’t mention exp hogging at all when reviewing Zihark or Nailah.

If your units are 20/20/15, then they want the BEXP to cap ram.

You’re obviously not clear on what I was objecting to.

First off, Elincia's basically a suped-up Seraph Knight, which I really like.

The bolded part affects the score he gives Elincia even though it clearly shouldn’t. If you read the rest of his review about her, you can see obvious signs of bias everywhere.

Her starting stats are better than any of the Falcon Knights in the game. There's no reason NOT to use her.

He’s implying that Elincia should be used because she’s the best unit in her class. Rebecca is probably the best archer in FE7 but that alone isn’t a justification to use her.

That applies to this quote as well:

Whether Tanith is any good largely depends on how well you leveled up Marcia.

How good Marcia is has no bearing on Tanith’s utility as a unit. Well technically it does, but that has to do with army strength, not just competing with units within your specific class.

Volug isn’t any worse on EM than he is on HM, at least relative to enemies. My objection was mainly towards the “exp hog” argument he pulled. It’s also a bit of a double standard he pulled since he didn’t mention exp hogging at all when reviewing Zihark or Nailah.

Oops.

Maybe I should've read the guide first? And no, I didn't completely understand what you were objecting to. I guess even talking about EM wouldn't save the guide. And I suppose his wording on the Tanith thing is bad. She is just as good or bad regardless what happened with Marcia. And allowing a personal like to affect things with Elincia isn't good for a guide either.

By the way, do you ever get tired of being right? ;)

As for the exp hog thing, yeah he should've said it about Nailah. With Zihark it is less bad but still there. I just remember Volug ORKOing forever on EM, so I never let him kill stuff. I don't think I got him to S until mid way through part 3, or even late in it. But in NM I got him to S near the end of 1-E and SS in 4-3 and in HM I got him to S near the beginning of 1-E I think and SS in 3-13. There just was never any need for Volug in EM because I wanted to raise my other units in EM and Volug had the annoying habit of killing stuff.

I don't remember too much about my high leveled units, though. My EM run was 7 or 8 months ago, afterall. I remember crazy things like 4 units at level 20 tier 3 at the start of 4-E and I think I had a level 19 unit I didn't even bring because the other units were better, though I'm not sure. I had a few units that made use of bexp to boost their other stats, but still managed to get Ena and Kurth so high even they were awesome, which says something about EM. As much as I don't like how little cexp/bexp there is at times in HM, even HM would be a joke if we had EM's level of exp.

Wasn't there a review that complained about the difficulty of EM? I think I remember a topic at gamefaqs complaining about a gamespot review or something.

I just remember Volug ORKOing forever on EM, so I never let him kill stuff. I don't think I got him to S until mid way through part 3, or even late in it.

Does that mean there's something wrong with me since I got him to S by the middle part of 1-8?

Does that mean there's something wrong with me since I got him to S by the middle part of 1-8?

If it was anything but EM, then no, since he is pretty helpful on NM and vital on HM. If you did it on EM, I think EM boosts weapon experience but I think you still had him kill tons of stuff he didn't need to. But even so, it likely didn't hurt you at all because EM gives so much exp that your other units would've been fine.

So either way I'm sure there's nothing wrong with you for getting Volug to S strike that early.

I'm going for an endgame team of...

Astrid

Fiona

Lyre

Heather

Tormod

Tauroneo

Volke

Kieran

Ranulf

Haar (I can't help myself, I need a failsave.)

Since the only person I care about in 1-8 is Tormod, I spammed Volug in previous rounds to get it over quickly. And yeah, its in EM (I don't wanna lose my sanity using these guys on NM). Fiona, Astrid and Heather are pretty good, though.

Also, he one-rounded a ton of mages he couldn't before with his +5 Atk.

Edited by Joshybear25

Astrid

Fiona

Lyre

Heather

Tormod

Tauroneo

Volke

Kieran

Ranulf

Since the only person I care about in 1-8 is Tormod, I spammed Volug in previous rounds to get it over quickly. And yeah, its in EM (I don't wanna lose my sanity using these guys on NM). Fiona, Astrid and Heather are pretty good, though.

Well, if you've never played EM before you might be a little shocked. Haar will likely promote really early, especially if you wait for Haar to show up in 2-P before attacking since you aren't using anyone else. And by early, I mean I'm having trouble remembering whether my EM Haar promoted in 2-E or early in part 3. Seriously, you might get Heather to --/20/16 or more by the start of 4-E-1. Heather! It is that crazy. And if you've ever wanted Heather to dodge more stuff, having a whisper in like 3-10 or earlier and with lower enemy hit rates than other modes it means even without a support she can face really low hit rates even on Normal bio, and possibly worst bio, I don't remember.

And with your explanation of a: being on easy mode and b: not using any DB but Tormod seriously (except fiona, which slows down volugs strike progression in only 1 chapter), it is no wonder Volug reached S strike so early. And it's probably the most logical thing to do anyway.

What chapter are you at? If you are in part 3, when did your Haar promote?

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Astrid

Fiona

Lyre

Heather

Tormod

Tauroneo

Volke

Kieran

Ranulf

That's a strange list of units. Reading up to Tormod makes me think it's a low tier playthrough, but then the rest of those unit choices contradict that.

I decided to use a Random Name generator for this. I'm sick in the head, that's why I'm doing it.

I'm only in 3-1 now. I plan to focus on Lyre and Heather first, then use Haar later on. I'll baby Astrid when I get her as well. Fiona is also going to go to Tib's route. Tormod will use Paragon in 4-4. I've successfully gotten Tauroneo and Kieran to 20/20/20 before endgame before via 4-5 abuse, and Volke is also pretty good at base. Ranulf uses the remaining BEXP at 4-E.

Also, I do have experience in EM. Quite a lot of it.

Edited by Joshybear25

That's fine and all, but the dumb thing is 20/20/20 is something that just happens without abuse. I had a 20/20/16+ Marcia in the desert on EM. Mia and Mist and Heather all went to endgame because they were 20/20/20 and capped everything, but then I didn't use them the first 2 maps because exp was meaningless for them. I never even abused any levels, and I tried to get max bexp, though I missed a couple in EM that I succeeded on in HM because EM was my first runthrough. The point is, though: it's nuts.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Okay, I'll never deny that easy mode is fun.

I just wish the game would let you pick and choose what to include for difficulty. There is cexp growth, wexp growth, bexp cost, bexp earned, enemy levels, number of enemies in a map. So many things to customize. After playing through HM once, I almost wish I could face those enemies with easy mode growth rates. It would likely be a waste of time, but it might be fun to obliterate the tougher enemies like that.

Amen. First thing I'd do is play HM with the weapon triangle.

Right, weapon triangle. The one thing I forgot to mention. Oops again. There might be other things I forgot as well, like the +5 bonus from 4-E-3 and beyond in EM and map affinities giving a +5 hit/avo boost on EM and NM, but I'm not sure what else.

Astrid

Fiona

Lyre

Heather

Tormod

Tauroneo

Volke

Kieran

Ranulf

Also, he one-rounded a ton of mages he couldn't before with his +5 Atk.

Fiona is surprisingly good. Just forge her a really uber Steel/Silver Lance and let her finish enemies off. She'll be up on par with the rest of your units in no time. Give Astrid Blossom as soon as you can, it seems to make her a much better character. I probably just got really lucky, but when I gave her Blossom she got +1 in all of her stats almost every single level.

Edited by Angelix

I wrote the FE10 guide based on the Japanese import when not even the growth charts were hacked out of the game data. You can scoff at the guide all you want after thousands of fanboys have dissected, analyzed, and debated over the game (even though this is unnecessary, since it's an easy game anyway), but I wrote it as a one man operation with no outside help or guide and never bothered to revise it afterward.

Of course obsessed FE fanboys such as interceptor who think my guide should stand up to their hundred man strong and years of obsessive analyzing and debating over the game can not grasp these simple facts about the circumstances of my guide. In fact on the gamefaqs board he felt free to initiate personal attacks against me, just as he is doing on this board. I feel no need to revise it because the game is easy enough and was merely a blip on my turn based/SRPG radar out of the dozens I've played.

Edited by mjemirzian

Many thanks for the months of "Ashera keeps reviving! How do I kill her?!?!?" topics that were spawned as a result.

Obtuse, ignorant sarcasm. There would have been far more question threads cluttering up the boards had the guide not been written. You can only think of the guide in negative terms, yet you are too lazy to write something you deem 'better'.

Edited by mjemirzian