FE9 Tier List v2

Mist-A-Mordecai-B-Stefan imo

if we're going to be using Stefan

Why would Mordy choose Stefan over Ilyana? Besides, Mist can have Jill and Titania/Boyd.

Or does he? Oscar C Marcia B Rhys B would make for some very nice offense.

Oscar B Ike, B Tanith + C Kieran is also a pretty good idea. It's not like Kieran needs the durability boost from Oscar anyway. Everyone wins.

Anyway, when Rhys is closer to the enemy, he's more likely to be in range of Kieran.

I have no idea what you just said.

Edited by kirsche

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mist-A-Mordecai-B-Stefan imo

if we're going to be using Stefan

Why would Mordy choose Stefan over Ilyana? Besides, Mist can have Jill and Titania/Boyd.

Indeed she can, but Mordecai gives her full in both atk and def, rather than in just one of them. 2 atk or def >> 7 hit. 7 avo is arguable. Though Jill does give Mist the disadvantage of Jill wanting to fly to other areas sometimes.

Why would Mordecai choose Stefan? Mordecai doesn't care too much about the bonuses either way. He has tons of atk and def, especially after a support with Mist; his only problem stat is spd. It's just that if Stefan is going to be used (as is being assumed for Soren, apparently), it would be nice for him to have supports so that he doesn't suck once his level is no longer uberly high.

Anyway, when Rhys is closer to the enemy, he's more likely to be in range of Kieran.

I have no idea what you just said.

Rhys is out of range of Kieran more often than other support pairs because he has low move and unimpressive defenses, while Kieran is the opposite, correct? In other words, Kieran tends to be more in the front (closer to the enemies) and Rhys more in the back. Well when Rhys is being attacked by several enemies, this likely means that he's closer to the enemies, closer to the front, closer to where Kieran is.

Indeed she can, but Mordecai gives her full in both atk and def, rather than in just one of them. 2 atk or def >> 7 hit. 7 avo is arguable. Though Jill does give Mist the disadvantage of Jill wanting to fly to other areas sometimes.

Yes, but the differences between giving her a Mordy support and not are often non-existant, 'A' Mordy + 'B' Jill gets Mist 4 Atk and 5 def. 'A' Boyd, 'B' Jill gets Mist 4 atk and 4 Def. Mist loses a whopping 1 def. But without the Mist support, Boyd loses 3 Atk and 1 def. The loss for the latter scenario is greater than the loss of the former scenario.

Why would Mordecai choose Stefan? Mordecai doesn't care too much about the bonuses either way. He has tons of atk and def, especially after a support with Mist; his only problem stat is spd. It's just that if Stefan is going to be used (as is being assumed for Soren, apparently), it would be nice for him to have supports so that he doesn't suck once his level is no longer uberly high.

I suppose.

Rhys is out of range of Kieran more often than other support pairs because he has low move and unimpressive defenses, while Kieran is the opposite, correct? In other words, Kieran tends to be more in the front (closer to the enemies) and Rhys more in the back. Well when Rhys is being attacked by several enemies, this likely means that he's closer to the enemies, closer to the front, closer to where Kieran is.

Makes sense.

I suppose.

But isn't deployment only assumed for the characters directly involved in the comparison? Like, Rhys and Soren. Everyone else is more of a "they might be deployed" thing? Higher characters are more likely to be deployed, lower ones less likely. That's what I thought most people were doing. Stefan is in upper mid, though, so I suppose he's probably got a good chance at deployment and thus it's better for him to have supports if possible.

Yes, but the differences between giving her a Mordy support and not are often non-existant, 'A' Mordy + 'B' Jill gets Mist 4 Atk and 5 def. 'A' Boyd, 'B' Jill gets Mist 4 atk and 4 Def. Mist loses a whopping 1 def. But without the Mist support, Boyd loses 3 Atk and 1 def. The loss for the latter scenario is greater than the loss of the former scenario.

That's a loss of 2 def, actually, as I stated. Halves round down.

Anyway, Boyd has supporters other than Mist. If you're not using them, then sure. Whatever setup works best for your particular team.

But isn't deployment only assumed for the characters directly involved in the comparison? Like, Rhys and Soren. Everyone else is more of a "they might be deployed" thing? Higher characters are more likely to be deployed, lower ones less likely. That's what I thought most people were doing. Stefan is in upper mid, though, so I suppose he's probably got a good chance at deployment and thus it's better for him to have supports if possible.

We are, but since I'm assuming his use as a support for Soren, it's impossible for me to deny his use without also nerfing Soren. It sort of balances out.

Edited by kirsche

We are, but since I'm assuming his use as a support for Soren, it's impossible for me to deny his use without also nerfing Soren. It sort of balances out.

I think I get what you are saying, but assuming deployment of Mordecai does not require the assumption of deployment of Stefan. Although I guess it could be a bit of a double standard so allowing Stefan's deployment does balance it like you say.

Quote things properly, please. I don't want to see my name on something that I didn't say.

Sorry about that. I quoted your post, but then erased it without erasing the top part.

That's a loss of 2 def, actually, as I stated. Halves round down.

Oh yeah. I've been playing RD too much.

I think I get what you are saying, but assuming deployment of Mordecai does not require the assumption of deployment of Stefan. Although I guess it could be a bit of a double standard so allowing Stefan's deployment does balance it like you say.

If Stefan isn't in play, it only strengthens the argument for Ilyana > Soren.

Btw, what do people think of that?

Btw, I think Oscar should be moved down below Kieran.

I'm not seeing Ilyana>Soren, mainly because Soren has like a 3 AS lead on her, he doubles reliably, she's got issues without a Speedwing.

Yeah, scratch that. I forgot Soren's availability lead and the fact that Ilyana's defensive leads are superfluous lategame. Still, they're close enougth that I wouldn't say putting someone between them made much sense.

Though I can't say I particularly see Mist a tier ahead of Rhys, so I'm all in favour of him moving up again.

Edited by kirsche