The Hardest Fire Emblem Game

Tremaine****

Hardest Game  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Hardest Fire Emblem Game

• Fire Emblem Thracia 776
    • Fire Emblem DS H5
    • Fire Emblem Sword Of Seals (Hard Mode)

Thracia 776..

Why?

. Trial and Error reinforcement spawns that move at the beginning of your turn.

. Fatigue

. Without using this site you might not know how to get a certain character

. When I Cyas show up you are going to die most definitely

. Lots of Magic/Status users in near end game without multiple staff users someone is going to die for sure.

. RNG is biased

. Resource management

Edited by Cyas

Thracia is hard mostly because of its goddamn huge maps.

FE:DS is hard because most of the characters you get are either crap or only okay. It's only easier than Thracia because you get Sedgar and Wolf.

I also contribute FE10 Hard Mode for hardest.

FE:DS is hard because most of the characters you get are either crap or only okay. It's only easier than Thracia because you get Sedgar and Wolf.

If somebody else mentions it then i will okay

If somebody else mentions it then i will okay

FE10 isn't exactly cake, but I found the paladin rushes of 12 units in fe4 harder than anything in fe10. Sure, you could just dump a holy weapon user in their way, but if you try to build the other characters or reduce expenses it requires hit and run tactics and positioning to only draw like 5 of them at a time. It just makes it so much slower. RD's difficulty basically ends after 1-6, though even 1-6-2 is questionable for difficulty. Not that I've played fe5 or feds to compare the difficulties of those to RD, but still, it gets really easy. Also the existence of the ability to use transfers. +2 str/spd goes a long way for some characters.

edit: Also some of the recruitment requirements in fe4. Not that I'm saying fe4 is hard or anything; it's not worthy of the poll, but I'm just saying RD HM isn't much harder than fe4, if at all.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

A lot of the difficulty in FE5 is "fake difficulty." FEDS H5 is, to put it bluntly, really easy if you figure out how to do it right, because pretty much anything that can screw you over can be fully adapted to and handled accordingly.

Dondon more or less hit the nail on the head, although FEDS's fake difficulty comes from Zagaro's existence more so than anything else.

FE5's difficulty is nearly as overrated as Chuck Norris.

FE5 is hard, but it definetly isn't as hard as some people might think. What's hard about FE5 is recruiting characters, the annoying RNG (From enemy growths to hit and avoid), and how you obtain weapons. FE5 is blessed with pretty much having the entire cast being usefull, and has acces to scroll abuse. Depending on how you play, the chapters go from being ridiculously easy, to annoyingly hard. In my opinion, this game is more annoying than hard.

FEDS on H5 mode is not blessed with having the entire cast be usefull for the most part, and even the characters you have who are useful aren't all that great, with the exceptions of Wolf and Segdar, but even they aren't all that great in the begining and may die on the first chapter they join you. The fact that most of your units are one rounded on the final chapter doesn't help much either.

I'd say that FEDS H5 is harder. Your units are more fragile, and don't have as likely a potential to be as strong as they could be in FE5. FE5 does require more strategy though.

I haven't played FE5, so I can't form an accuarate opinion about that although from what I've heard the enemys in that game are a joke apperentally, lol Dagda doubling a massive chunk of the game. I haven't played H5 much due to lack of interest, although the early chapters are a massive pain in the ass, fuck using your ENTIRE army to take down a SINGLE pirate, two is pushing it and if you try to fight any more than that, you are truly fucked. This may be a guess but I think the H5 challenge comes from the enemys raw stats and hax weapons, while FE5's difficulty comes from other things besides enemy stats (I think they keep the hax weapons though).

Edited by Ardan

Fake difficulty?

"lol I am Cyas! 21 leadership stars LOL!"

"Tina! Quick, steal his berserk staff!"

*Tina does so, Saphy M ups Tina, Lara dances for Tina*

Rinehart: Hm. I suddenly got the homicidal urge to slaughter my entire batallion, killing myself in the process.

Cyas: FUCK THAT EMO BASTARD! HE RUINED MY WHOLE PLAN!

Fake difficulty?

"lol I am Cyas! 21 leadership stars LOL!"

"Tina! Quick, steal his berserk staff!"

*Tina does so, Saphy M ups Tina, Lara dances for Tina*

Rinehart: Hm. I suddenly got the homicidal urge to slaughter my entire batallion, killing myself in the process.

Cyas: FUCK THAT EMO BASTARD! HE RUINED MY WHOLE PLAN!

Wouldn't it be faster to kill the boss and Warp leaf? Though that method is much more fun and humorous.....

Fake difficulty?

Stuff like having to crit to kill bosses, dark mages warping in from everywhere, hidden warp tiles that trap you in places, enemy leadership reducing hit rates to coin flips, absurdly powerful 3-10 range, movement stars, etc.

Basically stuff you can't really counter against. At least in FEDS H5, if you have a strategy, it will work given that you don't miss. It doesn't really work that way for FE5.

Edited by dondon151

FE10 HM is not tough. Mainly because even the DB gets rape characters, mainly Nolan, Zihark, and Sothe. Without them, yeah, really tough early on. The rest of the game is a breeze. The difference from NM and HM in the later chapters is usually ORKOing to 2RKOing. Even that gets nulled later on.

FE5, as others have said, is more about the situations. Things that work together to make you have a rough time. Usually in the form of recruiting characters without killing/putting them under any status them, status staves, reinforced ballistae (such that if you get past one, you're in range of three more), stupid RN, and escape chapters that involve everyone escaping or essentially being lost to the team for almost the rest of the whole game. Other than that, in general, the enemies are weak.

I haven't even played FE5 and I know FEDS H5 is easier if Sedgar and Wolf are considered (the early H5 chapters aren't really hard, they're just really tedious due to limited healing and requiring forts for healing, or lucky crits on the boss).

If we ignore those two, then we might have a debate.

Edited by 8========================D

FE5's difficulty is completely unfounded. It's only hard if you think you have to basically do everything, like promoting at level 20, having to actually play through maps the full way, etc. You just have to find out the key factor of a map, and Thracia is fucking cake.

FEDS has the problem of giving you too much money, and throwing too many units that are weak to slayer weapons, then the forge all come to combine into something that makes the game ridiculous. Sedgar and Wolf were more sort of accidental breakers, but they were there too.

To be honest, I think FE6 is the hardest. FE6 only gets easy later in the game when you promote and have supports finally built up. Beforehand though, I actually have to watch my ass.

FE5's difficulty is completely unfounded. It's only hard if you think you have to basically do everything, like promoting at level 20, having to actually play through maps the full way, etc. You just have to find out the key factor of a map, and Thracia is fucking cake.

FEDS has the problem of giving you too much money, and throwing too many units that are weak to slayer weapons, then the forge all come to combine into something that makes the game ridiculous. Sedgar and Wolf were more sort of accidental breakers, but they were there too.

To be honest, I think FE6 is the hardest. FE6 only gets easy later in the game when you promote and have supports finally built up. Beforehand though, I actually have to watch my ass.

Ill add FE6