What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I started re-watching Big O a few days ago because a certain someone's current obsession with Gundam inadvertently renewed my love for giant robots.

Never finished watching that. Now you've made me want to. Thanks a lot, my Hard Drive cries out in pain.

Also, I'm watching Ladies versus Butlers right now. It's generic as all hell, but kind of charming. Also, there's tits everywhere. Seriously, this is almost a goddamn hentai.

Never finished watching that. Now you've made me want to. Thanks a lot, my Hard Drive cries out in pain.

Also, I'm watching Ladies versus Butlers right now. It's generic as all hell, but kind of charming. Also, there's tits everywhere. Seriously, this is almost a goddamn hentai.

I keep making fun of my friend for watching Ladies versus Butlers because of that.

I keep making fun of my friend for watching Ladies versus Butlers because of that.

Eh, well I suppose it's not all that bad since it seems to have raised the bar for what's allowed on television. That's always a good thing.

Eh, well I suppose it's not all that bad since it seems to have raised the bar for what's allowed on television. That's always a good thing.

I'm going to have to say I think it both raises the bar and lowers it.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Forgot to come in here to say it, but I finished watching Ladies versus Butlers. I was impressed, to be honest; I'm greatly hoping for a second season, because it ended in a predictably inconclusive fashion. It needs another twenty or thirty episodes to be really fleshed out properly, I think.

Also, I think I'll probably get on watching the second season of Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei tonight. Pretty fun show.

Just added Angel Beats, Kaichou Maid Sama (something like that) and K-ON!! (typing that makes it look like I'm shouting it out)

Also, I think I'll probably get on watching the second season of Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei tonight. Pretty fun show.

I loved season one of SZS. Seasons 2 and 3, not so much. When they stopped adding new characters, thus introducing new name gimmicks, things just seemed to get stale and repetitive, and it hit even further into the "You will not understand this reference since you were not raised in Japan" territory.

I wish you better enjoyment with it than I had.

Watching Angel Beats and HEROMAN and am gonna watch Arakawa Under the Bridge eventually

Angel Beats is 'kinda dumb but kinda cool too I guess?' after the first episode

HEROMAN is 'kinda more dumb but kinda more cool too I guess?' after two episodes

Lucky Star. It's probably the craziest Anime I've ever seen... although I have to admit that I haven't seen many.

I know what you are talking about, though Lucky Star is definitely not the craziest.

There is a entire genre of absurd humor/reference anime like Lucky Star.

If you enjoyed Lucky Star, I recommend Zetsubou Sensei, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu (Which I am currently watching), Hayate no Gotoku!, and Seto no Hanayome.

One of my favorite genres.

Edited by Deretsun

I hope when comparing SZS and Baka to Test to Lucky Star you aren't comparing their quality as well

I'm saying Lucky Star sucks, not the other way around

Edited by Hikarusa

I hope when comparing SZS and Baka to Test to Lucky Star you aren't comparing their quality as well

I'm saying Lucky Star sucks, not the other way around

I enjoyed it. I thought it was genuinely funny, and I'm a tough critic when it comes to shows that seemingly have nothing but a cast of cute and high-pitched-voiced female cast. It surprised me. What don't you like about it?

Also,

I was comparing the similarities of the shows (humor, wackiness, etc.), not the quality, though I think the qualities of those shows are on par with each other... Except for Hayate no Gotoku, which resides in God Tier.

Edited by Deretsun

Just watched episode 1 of Rainbow.

Best first episode I've watched this season thus far, won't not be best first episode I've watched this season because I've heard bad things about Arakawa Under the Bridge

Anime from this season I'm currently watching: Angel Beats, Durarara, Giant Killing, Heroman, Rainbow

Anime I'm gonna start in a couple days: Arakawa Under the Bridge, House of Five Leaves

Anime I may or may not watch if I feel like it: Flashing Night Raid, Tales from the Four-and-a-Half Tatami Room

So yeah, good season

Also other animes I'm watching: GunXSword, One Piece

Anime from this season I'm currently watching: Angel Beats, Durarara, Giant Killing, Heroman, Rainbow

Anime I'm gonna start in a couple days: Arakawa Under the Bridge, House of Five Leaves

Anime I may or may not watch if I feel like it: Flashing Night Raid, Tales from the Four-and-a-Half Tatami Room

So yeah, good season

Also other animes I'm watching: GunXSword, One Piece

Oh?! GunXSword, I've been meaning to see that...review?

I've only watched up to episode 3, but from what I've heard the first half is kinda cruddy other than episode 3 which is great. atm I'm inclined to believe this

It appears as if a few of you have yet to watch Gurren Lagann.

Fix that

Also be careful, episode titles may or may not contain spoilers. Also don't whine about it being the dub, the Gurren Lagann dub is amazing

It appears as if a few of you have yet to watch Gurren Lagann.

Fix that

Also be careful, episode titles may or may not contain spoilers. Also don't whine about it being the dub, the Gurren Lagann dub is amazing

haha, i've been debating about this one. It's a mecha right?