18x/19x and the Magic Seal

Integrity

Working on getting a picture of this isht off my DS, but essentially Kishuna showed up in 18x EHM, I started picking off the Mages around, and one of them tried to attack Hector inside the seal. There was no battle animation, nothing happened, and then the Mage turned into a palette-swapped Eliwood.

What?

EDIT: zetta-shitty picture, but when one's tools are a DS and a webcam...yeah. You can see the shock of green hair that denote fake!eliwood well enough, at least.

[spoiler=lawdy this picture is terrible]eliwhat.png

EDIT2: for SCIENCE! I threw Hector's hand axe at him. No battle animation despite anims being on, when they turned to face each other the Mage turned into a Mage again, and he dropped his Fire which I'm fairly sure he wasn't supposed to. Huh.

Edited by Integrity

A bit fuzzy? The image is terrible. :P

There wasn't anything funny that happened in the chapter before that, by the by. Everything was normal, then a Mage tried to attack in the magic seal and shit got real. Incidentally, he WAS supposed to drop his Fire. That wasn't part of the bug.

Update! Kitty had the same thing happen, except with the Thunder Mage instead of the Mage with the Fire drop. Dude tries to nuke Oswin in the Magic Seal, nothing happens, and he turns into not!Eliwood.

Queer.

• 2 months later...

Same thing has happened to me with the mages near the south fortresses. I think it has to do with trying to attack while in the seal perimeter; why Eliwood's sprite, though, I have no idea.

I wonder, if you did it in HM, would it turn into Hector? If it has something to do with the main lord.

If I'm not mistaken, Kitty's run was on HNM and the Mage still turned into Eliwood.

Question: What class number is Eliwood? What class number is Mage?

Eliwood, it seems, is the first class in the list - 01B0. Mage is 0BDC. I think it's just Eliwood being the first listed class being why they turn into him.

As for why it actually happens though, I don't know ¬_¬.