Resource Allocation Topic

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump this topic, but there were some missing things that I wanted to point out:

- If you're using Jill for Endgame purposes, I'd actually put her above Volug in terms of priority for the Energy Drop. I definitely see the merits to Volug getting it (ORKOing stuff is pretty awesome, and IIRC it helps him ORKO a bit better in 3-12), but Jill also has the advantages of helping out in Micaiah's route and being a good Endgame candidate with her Spd cap. Even for Volug to be useful he needs a lot of striking dedicated to him. If you're a bit more leisure with the turn counts, it's definitely possible to get him to S Strike, but the issue now comes down to getting SS Strike by Part 4.

- Jill should probably have first dibs on 1-4's Seraph Robe IMO. Her Def stat isn't too bad; it allows her to eck out 3HKOes vs. the Fighters, for example. It also helps with Jill taking on two Cats or the A Strike Tiger + Cat; combos that are pretty important to need in 3-6 with Paragon Jill.

- I see no real benefit to Micaiah having the Seraph Robe. Since she's not a front line fighter to begin with, it already makes a poor reason to give it to her; not to mention she's constantly doubled. It helps more with Wrath too, since technically you want lower HP with Sacrifice in order to get closer to Wrath range.

- Zihark should get a mention perhaps. It helps his shoddy durability I guess.

- Mention Crossbow with Nolan. Being able to OHKO Laguz from 2 range is also sick. It's also nice with sending Nolan north since the Crossbow (usually) has enough Mt to ORKO the untransformed Cats.

- Not sure what you're getting at with the Resolve + Beastfoe thing with Volug, unless you mean that he goes into Resolve and dodgetanks everything. This is pretty risky for him to do too, since at the very best I'd probably assume a B Zihark / Volug, you're dealing with maybe 121 Avoid here. That's 131 on the Thickets... probably not the safest thing to assume when Tigers have 140 Hit and there's Biorhythm bullshit going on. I could be wrong on the math though.

- Jill w/Beastfoe: Steel Axe forge has 16 Mt, or 48 Mt. At the absolute worst and assuming Energy Drop, that totals up to... 63 Atk. That OHKOes all of the Cats. Pretty amazing what a different weapon type can do, huh? Brave Axe is better for Tigers. 48 Atk cleans all of the Tigers.

- Probably agree with you on 1-4 Seal just going to Ilyana. You could maybe mention Jill taking it, but I don't think it's a good idea to early promote Jill to begin with.

- 1-8 Ashera Icon should be shipped to GMs and sold for cash. If you're able to get the other Arms Scroll... I guess Aran could theoretically eat it.

- IIRC Jill can fit Parity and Beastfoe in Tier 3, so you could add that she can use it to Brave Axe Ike with a bit better accuracy.

- I'd just send Z's Adept over to the GMs. Let's not have Zihark die on accident shall we?

- Pass should be given to Volug. Makes the BK drop strat a lot easier.

That's all I have to really add for Part 1. Celerity should just be shipped to GMs.

======

- Make sure you mention this Ashera Icon being sent to GMs to be sold, otherwise we'll have smash selling it in 2-E!

- This Speedwing should definitely go on Haar. Ludveck has 22 Spd, which means that Haar can double and ORKO Ludveck at any time with Hammer when the player so chooses to. Shouldn't have to explain the rest of the process.

- Whichever you have listed as "sold" in general should simply be "shipped".

- Just send the Brave Lance to the GMs. CRKs don't really need it in 3-9, and the Brave Lance was very useful (i.e. Haar no longer has to fear Thunder Mage counterattack at one range whatsoever).

- Send the Dracoshield to GMs really. Pretty much forced to anyhow.

That's about it for Part 2 stuff.

======

Part 3 items that are shipped to GMs.

- Ilyana Skill transfers:

= Celerity

= Savior

= Adept (highly recommended at least)

= Resolve

FYI: Tier 2 Ilyana can equip both Celerity and Savior as Skills.

- Mention Ike can ORKO Swordmasters with the Brave Sword too. Minor, but still useful.

- I'd ignore the Wyrmslayer from the DB Bargains. Not worth it when one is buyable at half price in 3-2.

- I'd at least mention Gatrie can "use" the Hammer effectively. Granted his Mov is technically ass, but he has the Str to use it as well.

- I'm only going to make minor notes on the Titania Wing thing. It is possible to rock around without the Wing, but it also requires that you force +Spd onto her level ups almost constantly with BEXP. Like, she needs to proc Spd 5 times. Thankfully the game is at least considerate and will allow Titania to double at 23 AS + Promoted, which nets 25 Spd. If you use *gulp* Seraph Robe + Secret Book + Talisman + Dracoshield, you're basically 2 off from capping HP, Str is one off anyway, then that leaves Spd and Luck for your possible chances of obtaining a stat. After Str caps, you're pretty much left with HP, Spd, then Luck. Titania doesn't need to really double Halberdiers in 3-2 nor in 3-3, and in 3-4 there's only a couple of them up the ledge climb. 3-5 is all Paladins, and in 3-7 she likely isn't fielded. If you simply plow her to Level 20 with BEXP in 3-8, you shouldn't have any issues with the routs.

I guess my point is that it is possible to work around with a Titania that doesn't double the quicker enemies. It's probably better in some instances since the Speedwing is more important than the other items really mentioned. So... Titania can possibly give the player a free Speedwing, but of course the cost is "dump everything else down her throat", which is probably better in the end.

- Fuck Fortune. Nullify at least has a small purpose (and it's cool on Hawks). Fortune is a 20 Skill capacity thing that I'd even argue giving to Brad instead in 3-6 if he didn't get Beastfoe. Or sold. I prefer Sold. Not worth shipping to Mercenaries.

- Oscar could get "a" mention with Adept. If he gets the Energy Drop from Part 2 he should be able to 3HKO Generals with a Steel Lance forge, and he does double most of them with his base Spd, plus you have a 60% chance of proc'ing Spd as well. You could also mention Ike using it, but there is also Brave Sword which is a more reliable option. Ranulf also needs a mention with Adept.

- Savior also needs mention with Titania for the Pocket Mist.

- Celerity should be argued within how I mentioned it for Haar in those chapters; hawks as well for 3-11. Gatrie should also get a mention since technically he does use it well.

- Energy Drop mentions should be:

= Nephenee

= Oscar, as with it he does OHKO Paladins with Horseslayer now. Also helps with 3HKOing Generals.

= Ranulf. 40 Atk is pretty nice to have here. Pretty much helps his ORKO issue for a while at least.

=====

Part 3 Natural Resources

- I'd actually list Titania as the top recipient. Again, anything to help us avoid using that Speedwing if possible is never a bad idea.

- Ike can cap HP with it. Actually nice to have I guess.

- Oscar can cap HP with this as well.

- 3-2 Wyrmslayer should be purchased. Half price hell yes please!

- 3-2 Statue Frag comes from a Bishop. Just list it as "sold".

- I dunno about purchasing this Dracoshield. I'd probably opt to say "no", but I can't recall how much Gold I had left for after Silencer purchase (which requires 3000 initial Gold).

- Speaking of Silencer needs a mention.

- *Shrugs on Crown*. Sounds pretty much accurate.

- I'd keep Shade. It's really weird, but I found the dumb skill useful in 3-11 when I was attempting to maximize CEXP onto Nephenee while having Shinon hold the front lines.

- Screw 3-5 Secret Book. I'd rather get 3-3's Dracoshield.

- I'd probably just give the drop to Ulki. I know it sounds weird, but Janaff is only iffy on ORKOing enemies by a small margin here. Ulki at least has the advantage that he can ORKO most enemies that he faces, and those that he doesn't ORKO now he should be able to 2RKO at worst. This helps a lot with both of them building up Strike gauge. Janaff doesn't really "need" to ORKO constantly, so he can wait for a while to get Tear. Besides, Nullify + Celerity is cool in 3-11 on Janaff / Ulki if you can make him get there.

- You can "ship" the 3-6 Crown over. Just have Heather steal it in 3-7 from Zihark Cor recruit Zihark (IIRC Zihark doesn't really do much more in 3-12 / 3-13).

- 3-9 and 3-11 Crown definitely need mentions on Mia and Nephenee. They're pretty much needed on them, that is, if you're playing under the absolute minimum turn count. Boyd is also a decent idea, though I'd probably Crown him earlier for the quicker 25 AS in 3-8.

- 3-12 Crown should be given to Jill. If I need to explain, no probs. But I'm tired atm.

=====

Skills

- Counter should just be kept on Titania, though I guess Boyd isn't a wtfterrible idea either.

- Provoke was also cool in 3-11 since it could be paired with Paragon. Nephenee gained 2 levels just from Enemy Phase counterattacks plus finishing one of her weakened Paladins off.

- Smite can be occasionally taken off. For example, Ulki or Janaff w/Smite helps out with the 5 Turn Clear of 3-11.

- Nephenee's Wrath could possibly be given to Soren. IIRC, he should OHKO anything that he Wrathhits, but I could be wrong.

- Yeah Pass is really "depend" situation much like Celerity and Savior. Pass is excellent on Titania in 3-3, good on Ranulf for 3-4, Haar loves it in 3-11, etc etc.

=====

I'll cover Part 4 later. Too sleepy. :Haar:

Edited by Tyranel M