Sirius, Nightmare, Pride and Obviam's magical (and insane) Castlevania journey

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DEATH COUNT: 89

I didn't keep count of all the other deaths, sorry. But...

I

BEAT

ALBUS

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exploited his pattern and got through the fight without a single scratch! I'll try doing Barlowe later, hopefully he's easier...

Death has gotta be worse. He kills me in 2 blasted hits and those sickles are everywhere. Death count at 88, 21 of those is from death alone. How HP does he have? Optical shot does 30 damage per hit, Quadruple Ignis does 11 per hit, rapid fire does 1 and so does max shot (honestly, it's only useful for destroying that sickle barrage he occasionally does).

Edited by Sirius

DEATH COUNT: 100!

I broke the 100 mark before you, Sirius. And Blackmore is still a jackass, but only because his attacks can potentially OHKO me. Would be a lot easier otherwise, if I didn't keep goofing up and running into the geysers that pop out of the meteors he throws.

What the hell? I abused the Queen of Hearts and Heart Cuirass just to get through Hard Lv 1 cap with Shanoa. You guys are twisted.

I have to pop in OoE to check if I completed it (I tend to collect everything in these sorts of games), so maybe I'll play with this.

Edit: 1 death halfway through the first room with enemies already.

Yep, this isn't something I'm going to ever do ~_~

I should really be doing this with a map that has locations of the max ups. I don't remember anything about this game.

Damn bats - 2

Got to the first save and then warped into a banshee. Doing this blind is stupid - 3

You can get hit while warping?! I'm done for now, I don't have this sort of patience.

Edited by Obviam

You know, I never got Queen of Hearts. Do you get if you beat hard mode? Because if so, that explains it. I stopped playing hard mode because I was too lazy to beat all quests and I didn't want to beat the game without beating the quests first.

You can get hit while warping?! I'm done for now, I don't have this sort of patience.

If your warp ends where there's something that can hit you (enemy, projectile, etc.) then yeah, you'll get hit. But if you warp right through it, you won't be hit.

Glad we're getting other people to join this. If you're serious, I can add your name to the topic. :D

Also holy shit, I almost typed serious as Sirius instead (and not intentionally). And I did it this time too.

Edited by Nightmare

I don't know how "Sirius" I am. As far as gaming goes, Gaylo 3 is kaput because my shiternet keeps getting disconnected, but almost exclusively when I try to play 360 games online.

About the warping; it was like...I was on the far left of the screen, the enemy was about a quarter of the way from the left, and I tapped the center of the screen. It was the only time I had the problem though; typically I just warp to the edge of the screen and land on things that appear just in time.

I think the Queen of Hearts IS rewarded for completing hard mode, but I bought mine from an online store despite meeting the requirements to get it, so I couldn't sell them to people myself...until I hacked my shop (after completing the game legitimately, of course) to put it in. I believe I also put in several quest items that aren't normally able to be placed there...>:}

I've done everything else there is with the game as it is (I even have 9 of every boss medal v_V) and I certainly have time for this challenge. But let's wait a while before I make it official; I really don't like these sorts of challenges.

Oh, and if anyone's curious...I popped in all four of my CV games (Circle of the Moon and the 3 DS ones) and as it turns out, I collected every collectible, including all of the drops from the enemies (for the DS games at least), for all four. I'm more of a completionist than a masochist, but to each their own.

Edited by Obviam

I still don't foresee me doing this much more, but I did make it to the crab boss. I'm not keeping a death count because it's easier for me to focus on the level if I just replay it immediately without remembering my deaths.

I have no idea what this boss's pattern is. I'm sure I no damaged him legitimately (that is, without union spam) before, but I haven't played in years, so...

Well yeah, I remember to stand on the left. But I died to his claw immediately because I couldn't remember if he hits the top or bottom platform.

Or maybe he targets whichever you're on and you're supposed to duck through the top/warp before it hits? I don't remember.

I'm not sure what Albus can do about those retarded bubbles either. But having not played the boss more than a few seconds I have no idea if they're even a pain. :P

I'm sure the crab boss is the least of my worries should I proceed, but getting past the Monastery and Ruvas really lightens things up for a while.

Ruvas wasn't even that big of a deal when I quit teleporting and started actually fighting back. Except for the Unes. I landed on so many Unes.

I think I actually died more in the Monastery...

Anyway, this challenge was without carrying over hp/mp/heart ups from a new game plus, right? Because if not, then...I'm really kicking myself.

Ugh, but Albus is so powerful <3

Edited by Obviam

Anyway, this challenge was without carrying over hp/mp/heart ups from a new game plus, right?

Of course. It's not insane if you don't do that.

Edited by Nightmare

Yeah, an extra 700 HP alone would probably shatter the difficulty...not to mention all the extra quad ignis and lack of mp draining during warping/rapid firing.

Edited by Obviam