FE8 Friends Hack

Soren37

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok it took me forever to find and I remember it's full of reading, but it tells you everything there is to know about hacking FE.

http://forums.feshrine.net/index.php?showtopic=3408

All credit goes to these guys for the guide.

I think I may have that guide, actually. Oh well, I'll take a look at it for the palette hacking.

EDIT: I'm just going to use MSPaint. It may be crappy, but I can edit.

Edited by Soren37

So I've edited Eirika's sprite, and I'm trying to re-insert it. However, it seems that every time I try to load Eirika's portrait in over top of her old one, it doesn't show the difference. It's noticeable, too.

-image-

Help?

I can see 18 colors.

Edited by Camtech075

Yay, recolors >__>

My personal vendetta against everything unoriginal aside, when he said he can see 18 colors, I'm pretty sure he meant that it was 18 colors. It can only be 16 to be inserted.

Just open it in Usenti, and see if it is. If it is, and it's still not working, save it in Usenti as a bmp with a bit depth of 16 colors. Then open it in paint and save it as a 24bitmap bmp. See if that lets you insert it.

Just open up Usenti, go to "Palette" and hit "Requantize (sp?)" and type in 16. Then hit Enter. And then hope you didn't lose any shading.

Or you can do it manually, since you've only got 18 colors, to make sure you don't lose any shading.

Or you can do it manually, since you've only got 18 colors, to make sure you don't lose any shading.

Or that. But 18 colors is few enough that any shading loss is going to be minimal.

Basically, do whatever you feel like doing. If you're lazy (like me), just use Usenti. Otherwise, do it manually with Paint.

1.5.1. Last updated 2004. I'll look again.

EDIT: I found it, and I could apply Eirika' recoloured sprite in. However, when I try to put Seth's in, it doesn't apply the changes, even after editing the number of colours to 16 and trying both .bmp and .png. Help?

Edited by Soren37

• 3 weeks later...

Unpossible. As long as they fall into the 255 of RBG values, they're fine. Which, they do. It's not the colors.

BAKANA, you said RBG... It's "RGB" lol

How would YOU like it if whenever you said SRW for "Super Robot Wars"... I took it as SWR for "Scarlet Weather Rhapsody"... aka a TOUHOU fighting game... aka A GAME FULL OF LOLIS

Anyways though, enough with the spammy remark.... it IS within the 16 color limit... however that shoulder pad is looking MIGHTY flat.

Edited by shadowofchaos