Gallerie des Vampyrs.

Vampire Elf

Wow, that Skrimir. Unf!

In all seriousness, that's some fucking excellent hair. I'm just mesmerized by all the details. Beyond that, his face, pose, and clothes are excellent too, and all the shading is so smooth. Gosh, Vamp.

P.S. Will love you forever if you finish that Haar from the first page.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Really should sprite more often and consistantly*

Fe7x Eliza

01aeceaa5827fbfe6eaee2de4ed30a1f.png

Far arm's too dark? And maybe shoulderpad's should match? I dno

This is like, first draft. (Yeti's battle sprite, I couldn't be bothered re-uploading with it removed as I'm at work, so yeah, that's not mine)

Edited by Vampire Elf

Holy nuts, Vamp made an update. :o

On the sprite, I'm not sure if it's just me but it looks like her left (her POV) pauldron is too far off her shoulder, making it look a little like her arm is dislocated. And her right arm looks very tiny and for some reason it looks oddly shaded. Maybe a bit too much of the second shade?

*Really should sprite more often and consistantly*

Fe7x Eliza

01aeceaa5827fbfe6eaee2de4ed30a1f.png

Far arm's too dark? And maybe shoulderpad's should match? I dno

This is like, first draft. (Yeti's battle sprite, I couldn't be bothered re-uploading with it removed as I'm at work, so yeah, that's not mine)

Yea Vamp, you should. (It's Nayr, btw.)

And get your butt on IM. :(

Also concerning Eliza. Might sound a little ironic coming from me, but you have got WAY too much outline on her undershirt. Even I don't put that much. :p

Edited by The Illusive Man

Yeah, looks a tad dark, the far arm. I feel the arms could be a bit thicker, as well, since they look kinda stick-thin atm especially considering that she's a physical unit.

Looking good otherwise, though.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Thanks For the cnc so far!

I'll get a crack onto it when I get home :)

@Nayr: ATM her undershirt isn't shaded, when I get to it I'll be using her hair tones.

@Anyone who cares: I pretty much only use Skype now, feel free to add me justin.ilijevski just put your username in the add so I know who imtalking to ;)

Which shoulderpad type should I got for? Simple or tiered, I feel tey should be the same, she's a lord, but she's also t1, so I dno

Are her headpieces on her cheeks meant to be at the same level? If so, the one on the right is too high up on her face, I think.

Whose right, ours or hers? Her head's on an angle, so that could possibly change the outcome.

This is generally why I use near/far regarding positioning on portraits

That said, I'm echoing Lumi's comments about the arms. She's scrawny for a physical class. I don't know how FE Yeti wants the character builds to be, but Eliza needs serious beefing up either way.

Why am I giving feedback on a sprite when it's nearly 1 AM?

Whose right, ours or hers? Her head's on an angle, so that could possibly change the outcome.

This is generally why I use near/far regarding positioning on portraits

Sorry, I did mean her right, and I was taking into account the fact that she's slightly tilted towards her right, which should really mean that the end of her right headpiece should be at least level or lower than the end of her left headpiece.

So amidst working on eliza fixes I started a splice contest entry, inspiration was Elysium from SC5.

Any cnc would be nice, I'm hating the hair and body atm but I can't see much in the way of fixing them without overhauling it and it no longer being splicey.

7d332f6bb7979a0ef093bbdd0d943a00.png

Wtf I did :/ I don't even...

http://gyazo.com/b3158ceabb0adaabdcd030bc9dd0a891.png

So I accidentally jpeg'd my inital working file, but thanks to the magic of photoshop I was able to set it to 9 colours and retrieve my shit :D and then drop all the shading I'd lost from the splices back in :/ *beats starting it from scratch though*

Which shoulderpad type should I got for? Simple or tiered, I feel tey should be the same, she's a lord, but she's also t1, so I dno

I say tiered. Simple may look too simple for a lord imo and tiered doesn't really make her look T2.

Something's bothering me about Eliza's left (our POV) arm, it seems a bit too slim. Still like the overall design, especially the helmet thingy, or whatever to call it^^

Love the Elysium mug, everything is great^^ Couldn't criticize anything about it though I'm still wondering how she sees and breaths

So amidst working on eliza fixes I started a splice contest entry, inspiration was Elysium from SC5.

Any cnc would be nice, I'm hating the hair and body atm but I can't see much in the way of fixing them without overhauling it and it no longer being splicey.

I think you should add some slits for the eyes to see through. Otherwise she'd just be bumping all over the place when trying to walk.

The shoulderpads look better now.

I think the neck is a bit to thin, maybe a couple pixels wider would look better. Also IMO it's too much shade (still talking af the neck), she has short hair so light should be able to reach her neck.

Damn.

My current wip/idea for the splicing comp actually isn't so different from this. Must find a way to make it different now :/

Looks really good though. The hair that goes down the back is rather...smooth. Like it doesn't really look like hair.

Edited by StrawSloththeSawSlothStraw

The shoulderpads look better now.

I think the neck is a bit to thin, maybe a couple pixels wider would look better. Also IMO it's too much shade (still talking af the neck), she has short hair so light should be able to reach her neck.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll widen it a pixel or 2 and lighten the shading!

I think I need to shorten her neck too.

Damn.

My current wip/idea for the splicing comp actually isn't so different from this. Must find a way to make it different now :/

Looks really good though. The hair that goes down the back is rather...smooth. Like it doesn't really look like hair.

Yeah, that's Ismaire's hair (unedited iirc), I probably wont edit the splice further, but down the track I might use the helm as a base for a hack size Elysium, I really want to re-do her(kinda like I did with my ishtar splice, but more heavy duty)

x4RS.png

Ok the top two are the fixes, I've got two neck variations, lighter and darker, I dno what I prefer.

The two below are just alternative colour schemes to give the undershirt some colour.

(Bottom left) Uses a dark navy for the shirt and eyes

(Bottom right) uses a navy for the shirt but keeps the blue in the eyes and drops the yellow trim.

(Top 2) use a hair tone; dark grey for the shirt and keeps the bright blue for the eyes.

top left is my fave

The design of the gauntlet is a little odd to me though. It doesn't look like she'd be able to move her wrist properly without getting the back of her hand impaled.

top left is my fave

The design of the gauntlet is a little odd to me though. It doesn't look like she'd be able to move her wrist properly without getting the back of her hand impaled.

Hmm, I might round it, if it doesn't work, i dont think it'll be too terrible if it stays.