Oh there's a sprite board here, isn't there

BwdYeti

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just won the internet, Argo.

*does a celebration dance* :newyears:

to avoid going off topic: yes, yeti, zweihander is awesomely awesome. the level of detail in the animation of the legs is stunning :blink:

Zweihander-Sword-2.gif

Slight edits to make the upper legs shorter in the crouching frames (is the difference even noticeable)

Probably won't go back and do Olivia edits but I will keep the crits in mind for future things so I don't make the same mistakes~

Also, her stocking must be very tight.
All the refs said they were ~ ' 3'~

• 3 weeks later...

Something about how he flips his cape looks off to me. Really digging the rogue crit though.

I feel I should clarify, the cape thing flies up and then stops, but it looks smaller than when it was in the air.

Edited by SgtSmilies

Stickmans dump, apparently crits are a thing

Zweihander-Sword-Crit.gif

Scholar-Magic-Crit.gif

Rogue-Knife-Crit-1.gif

staves too

Witch-Staff.gif

Not really feeling the Scholar's return; it doesn't really look like it works as well with the crit as it does with the normal animation (it also looks like the cape's length is really inconstant). The animation itself is very cool though!

That Rogue animation is insane! I can't stop watching it. <3

With the witch, i think the the left (opv) dress strap blends in too much with the skin, the part of her shawl that wraps around her right (opv) arm doesn't look as nice and smooth as the rest of the shawl, and I am not really understanding the left (opv) leg, but she is really great too. :)

Gosh, I am so jealous of your animating skills...

Zweihander crit worries me because it looks like if someone is just a little wider than the soldier he will slit their throat at the start of the crit

The only thing that bothers me is the scholar animation: all the motions where he throws his arms up in the air -> lurches forward and hangs -> slaps the book shut has weird momentum like he's being possessed/going FE:SS zombie, and his heels are glued to the ground through that whole set. The delay in there seems weird with the normal pace of the book release, return to position motions around it. But hey, magic?

Rest looks good~

Zweihander crit worries me because it looks like if someone is just a little wider than the soldier he will slit their throat at the start of the crit

In the Blade Lord's crit, the target gets cut in half multiple times before any damage is done, so I don't think it's a big deal.

Everything looks good. Might take another stab at those last 3 recruitment frames.

• 1 month later...

That critical animation is beautiful.

But about the horse's dodge(?), it looks like the rear half of its body kinda disappears when it goes into the air, and the tail seems like it changes position on the body, even counting perspective . I assume it's going away from the viewer, which I guess is fine, but it just looks a bit funny.

The sword cav. dodge is really choppy (I kinda have that problem with the whole animation, tbh). But yeah, the back half kinda just disappears into the air and the horse moves back a few pixels with his front legs coming together and it all looks really choppy. It just looks like way too much movement for three frames.

Also, I am not really understanding the pauldron shading in the sword cav.'s standing sprite (specifically the right pauldron). It has like a weird a shape it looks poorly shaded. Idk, something like this maybe? http://puu.sh/1ya1M

I think the horse reins should probably be a different colour as well (sorry that I am nitpicking Bwd. xD)

I feel like the Zweihander's dodge frame (the third one) looks like it could be moved 2 or 3 pixels towards the enemy. Right now, it looks like a bit too big of a gap from standing to that.

And yeah, axe cav. crit looks amazing sauce. :3

Edited by eCut

Take however:

1. Axe Crit: All that circular vert momentum turns into a horizontal flight path.

2. Cavalier dodge: When faced with a life-threatening situation, I too forget gravity.

Everything else looks lovely.

• 1 month later...