Nightmare Module Downloads

Arch

http://www.feshrine.net/hacking/downloads/Shadow%20Dragon%20Editor%20&%20Doc.zip

DS Modules, if that's what you were looking for... although it's really only FE11 modules because since FE12 is still in Japanese I'm not very interested in hacking it (aside from translating, of course). Feel free to take out all the extra doc and include just modules, if that's what you want. I don't particularly care.

Are the GBA nightmare modules up to date, though? I recall most forums excluding FES having outdated ones due to neglect, but it's possible my modules are outdated now since I haven't been in the hacking scene for a while. Anyhow it's just something to check on so that this topic isn't missing anything.

I'm going to check and make sure all the GBA modules are up-to-date once I get back home. I'm currently on vacation so I don't have access to all of my personal hacking files.

I know of one recent update already that I need to include for the Event Reference and Chapter Data Editors for FE7.

If people downloading from my links notice anything out-of-date, please report it so I can fix it ASAP (a.k.a. July 2nd)!

Are these the same modules as on the other sites? Because some of the FE5 modules don't work on the original Nightmare program. (Promotion editor is the only one I can remember on the top of my head, but there were others)

I don't do much FE5 editing, but these *should* be the same modules as on the other sites. Nevertheless, I'll look into it when I get the chance.

I wonder if the DS modules I have are wrong. Most of Marth's stat growths are listed as 0, with Resistance and Skill as 2 and Magic/Defense listed as 56. His starting strength and luck are listed as -111 and -112 respectively, which is obviously wrong.

If it is a module problem, hopefully you can get a DS module that does work. If it isn't a module problem, than who knows.

I wonder if the DS modules I have are wrong. Most of Marth's stat growths are listed as 0, with Resistance and Skill as 2 and Magic/Defense listed as 56. His starting strength and luck are listed as -111 and -112 respectively, which is obviously wrong.

If it is a module problem, hopefully you can get a DS module that does work. If it isn't a module problem, than who knows.

I have that same problem with the FE5 modules, it's just a bunch of messed up numbers. Like Leaf's 123 strength and other weird things like Fin being a Warrior or something weird like that. I think they need to be revised or something.

Have you extracted the files from the ROM and LZ77-decompressed the FE11Data file in the data directory?

I have that same problem with the FE5 modules, it's just a bunch of messed up numbers. Like Leaf's 123 strength and other weird things like Fin being a Warrior or something weird like that. I think they need to be revised or something.

Sounds more like a header issue to me. If you have a headered ROM, try a non-headered ROM or vice versa.

Adding to what VASM said, the file should be named "database" or something, and can be decompressed with a program like Nintenlord's Compressor, or any other LZ77-10 compression program. Instructions on this should be in the folders you downloaded. Depending on what I did (I don't remember) there may even be a pre-decompressed database file that you can edit--but you'll still have to recompress it yourself...

• 5 months later...

Because that was given to assassins in FE7 and it would fit into the Character/Class abilities you can edit with Nightmare. With FE8, the amount of skills they were adding was greater than the amount of free slots in Character/Class abilities, so they had to do something else.

• 5 weeks later...

Growths are... encrypted. I know of some other data but it's minimal. There's little to no doc on it and I haven't had much reason to make doc for it cuz I haven't had much reason to hack it outside of the FE12 translation, and well, most of the stuff we do there is either graphic related or text related and Nightmare can't help with either of those.

In any case here are very very rough modules for FE12. And when I say modules I actually only mean 1 module and some doc. Unless you are familiar with this area or have a lot of patience I really don't think you're going to have any fun editing these things. That's how bad they are--think "beta editors". The Unit Disposition Editor isn't done, neither is most of the main modules, and for all I know the FE12Data.bin file could already have been hacked by me. Thus I request that until I finish the FE12 editors they are not released anywhere and aren't used for anything except private use as they are far too bad for me to want to release them--I don't like releasing unfinished, unprofessional things.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8875056/hacking/downloads/FE12%20Editors.zip

You can also always create your own modules. All it is really is an index of where the data is and how to play with it. Nightmare was only a GUI hex editor, essentially, a generic data handler. While some members have advanced it quite a ways from its original inception including without the author's permission :p it should still be at its heart very simple to make something for. Especially if someone's documented some data--just transplant it over.

That is, if you have a basic understanding of some fundamental romhacking tactics :)

Thank you very much for the help! smile.gif I usually use it for private use. XD Just making later joining characters viable...

Unfortunately, my rom-hacking abilities are very minimal... I can't remember the one thing I did without Nightmare, but it took me about half an hour...unsure.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

FE7 Chapter Data Editor:

EM Chapter Number Text

NEHU

NULL

EM Chapter Number Text Bank

NEHU

NULL

HM Chapter Number Text