Playtesting request for my Fire emblem hack

MarkyJoe1990

Depends on what you're looking for. I've only been playing FE for 3 years, but i've beaten everything except 4 and 5, and played most of the hacks found here. I've only actually tried ranking FE7 once, missing an S-rank in Lyn mode by one tactic star and getting a B overall in HNM afterwards. All english FE's I can and have beaten with no deaths.

... Jeez man, you're good. >___<

I don't consider myself a superb FE player even though I became a fan of it when I was 14. I've watched a lot of players with more skill than I have though.

As for what I'm going for in the chapter...? Well, my biggest priority is pacing. I wanna keep the player constantly engaged, while making sure the chapter itself doesn't take too long to beat. To me, it needs to flow nicely.

... Jeez man, you're good. >___<

Not really. When I say beaten, I mean that my first playthrough eventually degraded into lords and whoever else was available or joined, and I haven't played the original versions of 1 and 3 since beating them. Ranking just takes planning, and can be done since all info you need is here at SF. I could've gotten an S in LNM, but due to using everybody, she couldn't survive an attack from Lundgren, even with the Lancereaver. I guess no deaths is somewhat credible.

Unless you like playing for turn counts, just watch what you do, and don't be too aggressive if you don't have to, but don't be too conservative either.

It's for FE7 US version.

Use NUPS to patch it

I've patched quite a few files and never have I had the difficulties that this patch is giving me. I'm still sort of a noob to this stuff, but it says I've got the wrong file. The heck is wrong here?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out myself.

I personally found the chapter to be quite easy, anyway.

Just put Poalski there to intercept the knights and the bandit, while everyone else takes on the patheic soldiers up front. After that's all said and done, have the fighter dude use his swordslayer on Link after you've hit him with Flux. Rush in soldiers to kill enemies near Harkinian, hit with Shaman and Fighter again, and it's over.

On a side note, is it just me or are the bonuses for the weapon triangles bigger? I feel like there's a more noticeable difference, at least, in terms of damage when it comes into account.

Edited by SirBrickingtonCrushworthy

I've patched quite a few files and never have I had the difficulties that this patch is giving me. I'm still sort of a noob to this stuff, but it says I've got the wrong file. The heck is wrong here?

Set NUPS to ignore.

I already sent you it, Blazer. It should be in your inbox named "lucy proofing" or something like that.

The name is cause Camtech075 found a way to basically skip the chapter using sharla and Lucy and I had to fix it so it can't be done.

I haven't received the update yet. But from what you sent me I have to say this is really interesting. But after the very first wave of reinforcement I kinda guessed some more would show up and it was convenient enough that the forests and castles were exactly as far apart as the characters movement, so I made some baby steps on my first try :P: . On my first try Link ditched me and I lost the Mercenary. But by the second try I defeated link thanks to the armor knight's great durability after some level ups from the reinforcement paladin. Overall I liked this hack, the reinforcement and AI were brilliant! And the boss was a joke compared to the chapter itself. :):

EDIT: What was the lowest turn count people got?

Edited by JosefLior