Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals - The Divine War: Ontrack for a 2014 Release

Onmi

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No split, The army heads to Ilia first and then to Sacae. One is literally on the way to the other. If there's one thing I can express a clear dislike for, it's forcing players to choose between units. Because lord knows they are going to hack in the missing one the first chance they get.

And if I already know "Well that's what I would do" why on earth would I set it up in a way that I myself would be dissatisfied with?

So planned arc outline as it stands

Lycia Arc

Chapter 1->9 (Including 8x)

CHAPTER 1: The Young Lion of Lycia

A Vanguard of Bernese Soldiers and Mercenary Troops have assaulted Pherae, Eliwood also has taken to defense of the main castle and faces off against the enemies C.O., At the same time Roy returns from Ostia and sets out to reclaim his home country

CHAPTER 2: The Princess of Bern

On his way to Castle Araphan Roy encounters the Cleric Ellen, who informs him that her mistress has been taken captive by the lord of a nearby castle. Along side Dieck's Mercenary Company, Roy fights to free Ellen's mistress.

CHAPTER 3: Dying Survivors

Roy arrives after the battle to find Araphan occupied by Bern soldiers. With no other option he recruits the thief Chad into his army to find survivors. Lord Hector sits in his cell, bleeding from wounds as the young mage Lugh who was locked inside the castle plans his escape.

CHAPTER 4: Broken Alliances

After escaping from Araphan, Roy sets his sights towards Ostia and prepares to pass through the territory of Laus, unaware that Marquess Laus has turned his back on the Lycia Alliance* Roy fights through Laus armies with Berns forces still pursuing him.

*What that's the second time now? third if we count Elibian Nights?

CHAPTER 5: The Fire Emblem

Princess Guinevere comes under attack from another band of 'Brigands' and Roy steers his army towards Thria, discovering a large conclave of bandits assaulting the Townsend, being protected by the Monk Saul and his Bodyguard, Dorothy. Not everything about Thria is what it seems however.

CHAPTER 6: Thieves and Traps

With the help of the thief Cath, Roy discovers the truth of what has happened in Thria, and heads for the secret pass in the castle through the mountains to head towards Ostia. Roy must face Wagner, who has sold the territory to Bern, before he can escape.

CHAPTER 7: Of Rebellions and Traitors

Traitors in Ostia have formed a rebellion and captured the city, preparing to hand it over to Bern. Fearing for Lilina's safety Roy meets with Zealot, the Mercenary Captain from Ilia and plans to retake the capital.

CHAPTER 8: Reunion

With Astols help Roy infiltrates the castle with his army, and prepares to save Lilina and crush the Rebellion in one fell swoop. However Castle Ostia was built as a fortress, so Roy will be facing a heavily fortified enemy.

CHAPTER 8x: The Blazing Sword

Following Lilina's directions, Roy enters the same caves his father once traversed to acquire the Blazing Sword, Durandal, currently wielded by a master swordsman. The same trials Eliwood face, now stare at Roy.

CHAPTER 9: The Siege of Ostia

Roy has refused to turn the city over to Narshen, and on the fields of Ostia Roy rallies his army, until the Etrurian forces arrive Roy can not let Narshen reach the city. The end of the invasion of Lycia, and the Lycian Arc, is upon us.

Western Isles Arc

Chapter 10->13x

Nabata Arc

Chapter 14-16 (Includes 15x)

Reclaim Lycia arc

Chapter 17->20

Etruria Arc

Chapter 21->25 (Includes 24x)

Ilia Arc

Chapter 26->29x

Sacae Arc

Chapter 30->33x

Bern Arc

Chapter 34-> 38 (Includes 34x)

END GAME

Chapter 39->43 (Chapter FINAL)

That means total there are 50 Main Story missions.

That means I have 24 chapter spots left over for Spotlight Chapters and Cutscenes. Or to expand each arc.

Planned Spotlights:

Dieck

Base: The B support with Lot

Concept: Dieck is being tortured in Bern after being betrayed by his employer and his friends killed, he murders his way out

Cath

Base: The idea of who Cath is

Concept: Cath's heist on the keep of the noble who forced her father to burn down their village. A solo Stealth/Assassination mission

Noah

Base: Noah's supports with Fir, but also his view as an Ilian Mercenary Knight

Concept: Noah, Dieck and Eliwood in Ilia, discuss love, life and idealism while fighting Berns soldiers on the Ilian front.

Thite

Base: Thites supports with Klein and Alan

Concept: Thite, Alan and Klein fight as a vanguard during the Etruria Campaign, Thite weighs the difference between the calm and collected Klein and the hot blooded fierce Alan

Zealot

Base: Why is Zealot a Halberdier and not a Paladin? Bern's invasion of Ilia

Concept: Zealot leads the Mercenary Knights against Berns invasion force, and goes one on one with Zephiel and lives.

Lance

Base: Lance being a new knight in Pherae rather than one of long line of families

Concept: Lance as his beginnings as a Knight of Pherae, why he came to Pherae in the first place and his friendships with Alan and Wolt.

Echidna

Base: Echidna being a female Hero in a continent where no one else is

Concept: Details Echidna's growth from a female mercenary in the Western Isles to a freedom fighting hero leading a revolution against Etrurian oppressors.

NOTE: Spotlights that take place in the past, give you a reward of money and/or items in lieu of actual experience (Because it's the past) Spotlights that take place in the present do give you experience along side other rewards.

A 'Base' just means where I got the idea from, you wont NEED a B support with Lot to get Dieck's Spotlight chapter, Dieck simply has to be alive.

---

Project Status

Maps Completed

MAIN STORY: 6/50

SPOTLIGHTS: 0/??

Currently Working on: Finishing the Lycia arc, when that's done I'll release the first demo of the game.

Edited by Onmi

Mask is currently working on Chapter 6, Thanks to the recent help of Dr.Sholes Chapter 7 is done and he's started working on Chapter 8. I've just finished templating Chapter 9, and have begun writing up the Events for the maps.

24qpilg.png

WHAT IS? A Template Chapter: When I talk about templating, I talk about the process Mask and myself usually take when creating original maps for the hack. After all some maps come straight from FE6 or are hardly changed, since those maps served there purpose perfectly well. When doing a map like this I create a basic topography, some key points of interest, and mark where roads/light grass will go, then I pass the map off to Mask, who performs a clean up, then the map is passed back to me, and I make touch ups. The long and very short of it is a Templated map allows you to grasp the concept of a map, but is not indicative of the final product.

Also possibly (probably? maybe?) unrelated to this hack, but a wandering Vagarant gave me this

2u5csnb.png

Knight Lord - Swords' date=' spears, mounted

Crusader Lord - Swords, spears, light, mounted

Blade Lord - Swords, bows

War Lord - Swords, axes, bows

Mage Lord - Swords, anima

Arcane Lord - Swords, anima, dark

If it wasn't obvious, Apprentice is the sword trainee class.

Knights start with axes and spears.

Wyvern Riders use axes

Dragon Riders/Dracoknights use axes and spears

Wyvern/Dragon Masters use axes and bows

all promoted mages use staves

Theurges and Demiurges use both light and dark magic.

Reapers use swords and bows. They also have Silencer/Lethality, and it fucking triggers on distance attacks.

Berserkers/Trueblades/Marksmen/Centurions are the weapon specialty class, they only use one type of weapon.[/quote']

Edited by Onmi

Begun event editing chapter 1. Once I've completed the chapter, I'll upload it as a demo (after testing to make sure it doesn't break)

---

Erik and Sigune- The Recruitable Bosses

"Why on earth are Sigune and Erik going to be recruit able?"

"Because I think I can do something with them"

~The Short of it.

But you're not here for the short of it, you're here for the long of it.

Sigune was the first FE6 boss I thought about recruiting (Okay second, Gale was first, but shut up I mean first when I started over) It made a whole load of sense to me "Sigune is a Mercenary, if the leader of the Mercenary Knights tells her to stand down, she should, she doesn't even get unique dialogue with him in Vanilla! It's not even like Bern is paying her, they LITERALLY invaded and then moved onto Lycia." That wasn't just it though, it was when I was writing the Fiora unique content that I was wondering "How does Fiora leave Roy's life at an early age when she would never willingly do so".

So naturally because I'm blood thirsty when killing off former FE7 characters I said "She got shot down and killed saving lives"

Problem. Why the hell was she anywhere near the battlefield during Peacetime?

The answer was relatively simple. Hector wanted to bring Ilia into the Lycian Alliance, it's actually not too farfetched. Ilia gains the benefit of Lycias food stocks and don't have to sell themselves as mercenaries, and the Lycian Alliance gets the benefit of Pegasi and the Ilian Knights. It's a win for both of them really. So who would do the negotiating? Why FIORA of course, she's a native Ilian, she's also married to a Marquess in the Lycian Alliance, She's perfect for talks.

Problem. How the fuck do I kill her?

There are 0 Ilians who like the whole 'Selling ourselves as soldiers' lifestyle, so a traitor on that side makes no sense, and the Lycian Alliance does nothing but GAIN with the Ilian's being brought into the alliance. Any initial loss of food is negated when the land is eventually made fertile. So it has to be an outside source. Idea the first was a group of Sacaens lost in Ilia, fighting Sigune's (at the time just a Knight) Squad, Fiora, on her way for peace talks, swoops in to try to calm down the situation, gets feathered. Tragic misunderstanding.

Of course it made zero fucking sense because A. How the hell did the Sacaens get so lost as to wind up in Ilia, far enough away from their own border that Fiora would encounter them. And B. Why would the Ilian Peg Knights pick a fight with ARCHERS?! Especially when Ilians and Sacaens all speak the same language?

Still the idea of Sigune (an established Boss) being responsible in some way for Fiora's death appealed to me, I changed the Sacaens to Pirates, and the battle to an ambush. Fiora is too kindhearted to simply fly on and ignore it, gets shot warning Sigune. Not the best death, but good enough and it creates some drama when Sigune bares her corpse to Pherae.

Eliwood would lose all sense of composure, even knowing it wasn't Ilias fault, threaten to pull out of the Alliance if it went through. We keep our normal political situation, Though Eliwood does explain to Roy this is specifically why he didn't hire an Ilian based Mercenary outfit to replenish the army.

Eliwood: Yes... I told Hector if he brought Ilia into the Alliance he had lost Pherae. I was too blinded by grief, I couldn't look past my hatred...

Roy: That's why the mercenaries you hired to work for me weren't from Ilia.

Eliwood: Right... Dieck I heard about from Pent... Even now I can't forgive those I know are not responsible for herdeath...

(In any other parent game, he just hired Dieck because he heard about him from Pent, no Bias)

Of course what this meant was, Eliwood would be able to recruit Sigune

Sigune: You...

Eliwood: Knight Sigune.

Sigune: It's Knight-Captain now, Eliwood

Eliwood: Why are you fighting on the side of Bern?

Sigune: They hired us.

Eliwood: They conquered you, and I have a new purpose for you.

Sigune: Ilian Mercenaries are loyal unto death Eli-

Eliwood: My wife died because of you. That means your life belongs to me, and I will use that life until it is extinguished or I so choose to free it. Right now you are not only fighting me, but Fiora's child.

Sigune: I... I understand. My lance is yours Lord.

I wrote a support for the pair of them, both the editors liked it, so that was Sigune locked in.

Erik? Erik was a new addition.

I was doing the planning for Chapter 17, That is Eliwood (And Hector if he lived) defending a fort from the Etrurian traitors, while Roy comes in from behind for the pincer. Then I Figured "Why not a third unit?" and after racking my brain and deciding "No I'm not creating an original unit for this" I just settled on it "Erik." Now he was coming in as a Halberdier, not a Paladin (Since he's promoted now) so the explanation was "Why a Halberdier?" The answer was simple. Same reason Zealot's one, horse got killed. In this case fighting against Roy. But how and why to recruit him? Oddly enough his live condition is HECTOR Living. The idea was "Roy would simply kill him, because from Eliwoods stories he would know that Erik's a traitorous bastard. And he's already slipping further into a colder persona to deal with all the betrayal and lead his army" It's Hector who steps in to spare him. Why? Hector is curious about what Erik is thinking.

See Erik doesn't have any children, he hasn't wed anyone, he's pretty much worked along side the Alliance with no issues, and he suddenly up and betrays them? Sure there's the lust for power, but Hector notes that Erik never makes any moves for power at any of the meets, not even more power for everyone. He just votes on others decisions.

Hector speculates that Erik made his choice specifically to be killed, that he feels Guilty and Suicidal for the past, but his own self-preservation stops him from just killing himself. So he takes an easy way out, he betrays the alliance again, and then expects to be killed for it. And would be to if not for Hector.

A lot of Eriks supports are him with the older or younger Lycian's trying to discern how much of Hectors speculation is true.

---

Now I know what a lot of you are thinking "Hector as the cool headed leader and Eliwood as the one who lets emotions dominate him? Hang on isn't this entirely inconsistent with FE7?" To which I respond "It's been 20 years, Hector has had to serve as the head of the entire Lycian Alliance and keep it together, while being an (Eventually single) father. He has to mature up and take his role responsibly. In doing so he becomes wiser. On the battlefield he's still very much a berserker however. As for Eliwood, he's already lost so much, and then he has to cap it off with losing his wife (in any of the pairings. Being Eliwood is suffering) and having to raise his child alone. Eliwood's a lot more cynical, he's a lot more willing to let passion rule his thought process as well.

In a sense, Hector has become more like Eliwood (While retaining his passion on the Battlefield) while Eliwood has become more like Hector (Except his passion filled actions are more calculating and cold, than fiery and spontaneous E.G. playing Sigune's guilt to recruit her)

Edited by Onmi

How is Ilia responsible for Fiora's death if pirates shot her down? And even if you figured out a way to make it Ilia's fault, why are you making Eliwood into a pussy in a different way? And Erik feel guilty for? Betraying the Alliance? So to alleviate that guilt he does it again? These situations have some good thinking, but you haven't given them enough thought for how outlandish you want to make them.

How is Ilia responsible for Fiora's death if pirates shot her down? And even if you figured out a way to make it Ilia's fault, why are you making Eliwood into a pussy in a different way? And Erik feel guilty for? Betraying the Alliance? So to alleviate that guilt he does it again? These situations have some good thinking, but you haven't given them enough thought for how outlandish you want to make them.

I'ma another random Vagrant Onmi managed to find, helping him with (story)editing and wanking on spreadsheets for his new classes. Editing this one right now and here's the short way I see it playing out.

Floria bites it helping her country(wo)men out.(RNG 1% crit from a 10% hit. She forgot to pray to the RNG god that day). Eliwood, in his grief, being unable to punish every pirate in the world(pretty sure his fiefdom is landlocked anyway) lashes out at the other party involved with her death. He threatens to leave the alliance if Ilia is added and no rational words with reach him for a good while. This deeply insults the Ilia diplomatic envoys(or whatever you want to use) to have one of the people who invited them attack them. By the time Hector can beat some sense into Eliwood, the Ilians have decided they'll can better behind their frozen mountains then dealing with the petty politics of an alliance.(inside an alliance)

Edited by Laureola

Floria bites it helping her country(wo)men out.(RNG 1% crit from a 10% hit. She forgot to pray to the RNG god that day). Eliwood, in his grief, being unable to punish every pirate in the world(pretty sure his fiefdom is landlocked anyway) lashes out at the other party involved with her death. He threatens to leave the alliance if Ilia is added and no rational words with reach him for a good while. This deeply insults the Ilia diplomatic envoys(or whatever you want to use) to have one of the people who invited them attack them. By the time Hector can beat some sense into Eliwood, the Ilians have decided they'll can better behind their frozen mountains then dealing with the petty politics of an alliance.(inside an alliance)

Still a stretch for the fragility of everyone involved's feelings. And Eliwood's stupidity. And with the above example, I have a hard time seeing Sigune giving into Eliwoods reasoning, considering Mercenaries aren't supposed to value their lives greatly, ergo, Sigune doesn't owe anyone her employment just because they (or their wife) saved her life.

Edited by deranger

Still a stretch for the fragility of everyone involved's feelings. And Eliwood's stupidity. And with the above example, I have a hard time seeing Sigune giving into Eliwoods reasoning, considering Mercenaries aren't supposed to value their lives greatly, ergo, Sigune doesn't owe anyone her employment just because they (or their wife) saved her life.

Sigune doesn't even mention any real reason for working with Bern(no mention of pay, offers of aid, anything) aside from nott wanted tto be on the "stronger" side's bad side. By the time you slaughterer your way to her you've already proven your strength and with Zealot and the several PKs in your party could prove your good/noble/rape fantasies intentions to her.

As for the fragility of feelings, you have a country of warrior people whose women(I assume elsewhere in the world women are still baby making machines for the most part) are some of the most respected mercenaries in the world. Eliwood them insults to their face, either blaming them or saying they let her die to saves themselves. I'd see the Ilians being greatly insulted that someone would say that they would kill/leave behind one of their own. That that someone is was trying to forge an alliance with them and is one of the leading party of said alliance would color the whole affair as a hogwash.

I think that the reasoning is pretty lame. Soldiers have been known to fight for the country that conquers them before, especially mercenaries. And while Sigune doesn't say she's being paid, it's reasonable to assume that Bern is paying her. Why wouldn't they?

Why should Sigune care about Fiora's death anyway? I'm sure that many husbands, sons and fathers have died on her lance before. It's repeatedly shown that the Ilians are comfortable with the knowledge that each mission could be their last. I doubt she'd have any "guilt", or that she'd be stupid enough to be manipulated and ordered around by Eliwood.

It would be more reasonable to have Sigune be captured at the end of Chapter 19. She says that it's irrelevant, since Bern will still win in the end, and after Chapter 20 or 20x she's sufficiently convinced to join you.

That makes it clearer.

Why should Sigune care about Fiora's death anyway? I'm sure that many husbands, sons and fathers have died on her lance before. It's repeatedly shown that the Ilians are comfortable with the knowledge that each mission could be their last. I doubt she'd have any "guilt", or that she'd be stupid enough to be manipulated and ordered around by Eliwood.

It would be more reasonable to have Sigune be captured at the end of Chapter 19. She says that it's irrelevant, since Bern will still win in the end, and after Chapter 20 or 20x she's sufficiently convinced to join you.

Killing someone and having someone die to save you are a bit different...

But yeah, joining because she feels like she owes her life to Fiora does not seem like Sigune's character (meaning whatever happens with Fiora is meaningless to her). She'd either have to be convinced you're the stronger side, or actually believe she's fighting for a reason (for the first time).

Edited by deranger

Why would they? They could just grind her into the dust if they wanted, her pay is letting her live. I doubt being a puppet state of Bern would turn out better for them. Being second fiddle to Bern's Dragon knights would grind at them too.

This is the exact mindset that would cause Illa party them to rebuff any attempt at an alliance after Ellwood's breakdown/fit, why side with a hodgepod allianceof fiefdoms when one of the leading ones can't handle the death of his wife. As for Sigune herself, I don't like how it plays would with her and Eliwood curently, but I like the idea of it.

As for Eliwood's state of mind, picture this. He's barely been married two years(honeymoon phase) with his blushing and beautiful wai... wife, he's just had a child with said wife, two years of stressful nation building and placing new nobles on empty fiefdoms as finally calmed down and shown results. Eliwood finally has time to be happy. Then Hector has this grand plan for an alliance with a nation the size of the alliance. Surprisingly Illa is amendable to the idea, but wished for a more Illan view of the alliance, so Hector convinces Eliwood to send Floria. then the above posts happen.

Edited by Laureola

Why would they?

Soldier: "Captain, are you sure?"

Sigune: "About what?"

Soldier: "The Etrurian Army is saying that will liberate us from Bern. In that case, we could gain independence..."

Sigune: "Do you really believe what they say? What idiot would fight a war for the sake of others? Once they defeat Bern, they'll just establish themselves as the next dictator."

Soldier: "Well..."

Sigune: "Then it's better to be with Bern. They're better at warfare."

Edited by deranger

Why would (bern) pay them I mean. I thought the rest of the sentence would make it clear who was being referenced.

Soldier: "Captain, are you sure?"

Sigune: "About what?"

Soldier: "The Etrurian Army is saying that will liberate us from Bern. In that case, we could gain independence..."

Sigune: "Do you really believe what they say? What idiot would fight a war for the sake of others? Once they defeat Bern, they'll just establish themselves as the next dictator."

Soldier: "Well..."

Sigune: "Then it's better to be with Bern. They're better at warfare."

Which is when you roll though Illa like wet paper and instead of sacking the nation conditionally free it on with a Non-aggression pact and aid against Bern.

Edited by Laureola

If I may offer a suggestion to the whole Eliwood/Fiora/Sigune situation ... the problem I see with the current scenario is that it kind of messes up Eliwood's already-established personality in FE7. He's shown to be a kind-hearted guy who tries to take on everything himself and is very righteous. This is the guy whose father died in his arms just as they found him. They were THIS close to getting Elbert out of there alive. He was sad, of course, but he picks himself up and trudges on in the next chapter. To hammer that point home, Eliwood is FORCED on New Resolve, even in Hector's route, while Lyn isn't. Usually, all three lords are forced or none of them are forced except the main one. Forcing Eliwood on Hector's mode New Resolve just shows how strong Eliwood actually is. When he accidentally kills Ninian, he is distraught. Even if they don't have an A support, he is crushed when he kills her. Imagine how much more upset he would've been if he actually did love her. And yet, he is forced again in the next chapter. He does not let his sorrow stop him from doing what he must do. In the end, he wants to defeat Nergal not for revenge but because Nergal has destroyed many lives to achieve his own crazy ambitions and must be stopped. In other words, Eliwood does not give in to despair, hatred, and anger.

Why would this part of his personality change because Fiora died in an accident that was not caused by Ilians? Even if they were only together for a few years, even if they've just had a child ... I still can't imagine him breaking down and threatening to pull out of Lycia if Ilia joined because his wife died in Ilia, saving a group of pegasus knights. It makes no sense. He overcame his sorrow when he accidentally slew Ninian. He was able to move on after the death of his father. Why, just WHY would he give into despair because he was married to Fiora? Why would he hate Ilia, which did not cause Fiora's death, if he did not hate Nergal, who DID cause his father's death and hunted Ninian and Nils?

If you want to go for the angle where Eliwood recruits Sigune into the Etrurian army, here's my suggestion. First, you'll have to throw out the idea of Ilia joining Lycia. It doesn't work for Eliwood's personality. Second, Fiora would have reason to visit Ilia even if not for diplomatic means. She has her sisters. Since only one of Farina and Florina can marry Hector at a time, if one of them is married to Hector then she could go to visit the other. If neither are married to Hector, then she can visit both. There are lots of reasons for Fiora to go to Ilia. Visit her family? Nostalgia? It doesn't have to be diplomatic. Once she gets to Ilia, she sees the pirates/bandits/whatever attacking Sigune's unit and dives in to save them. She dies in the process. Sigune and Eliwood meet at her funeral, where Sigune approaches Eliwood and apologizes for "being responsible" or whatever she would say. Eliwood tells her, "It's not your fault. You're not the one who delivered the final blow" or "She always put others before her own life" or something like what Eliwood might say too assure someone that it's not their fault. And then, years later, Eliwood and Sigune recognize each other on the battlefield. Eliwood says something to persuade Sigune to join them. Maybe Sigune remembers Eliwood's kind heart and true vision, and decides that if anyone was going to fight for the sake of another, it's Eliwood, and joins him. That keeps true to Eliwood's character (and maybe Sigune's) then this whole Lycia-Ilia idea.