13th's SD character ratings

13th

Yeah, credit to Snowy.

This list isn't so much a 'tier' as it is a ranking of characters based on several (three to be precise) facets. Those are speed, flexibility, and customization. Each is *technically* independent of the others resulting in three different lists and ways to rank the characters. Speed ranks how well a character helps you move through the game as fast as possible, flexibility ranks how adaptable a character is to multiple situations and playstyles, customization deals with things like how potent a character can be and such or how costly they are to deploy effectively and such. These three categories are rated 0-5 and then the scores combined for their total ranking. You disagree with how a character was ranked, feel free to voice your concern and opinions.

Now, with 59 characters, Its gonna be fun.

15:

14:

13:

12:

11:

10:

9:

8:

7:

6:

5:

4:

3:

2:

1:

0:

These'll be filled in with characters...

Note that for now it'll be ranked through Normal Mode.

Normal mode, almost anything goes. Plus, the Altean force gets a ton of levels that force them to all be useful beyond measure. I suggest changing this to an H1 ranking.

Also, dat Norne >.<

Normal mode, almost anything goes. Plus, the Altean force gets a ton of levels that force them to all be useful beyond measure. I suggest changing this to an H1 ranking.

Also, dat Norne >.<

Really only Cain, Abel, and Frey, the former two would be dominating the tier list anyways. Jeigan's base stats are far more important than his growths (and he's more useful on the harder difficulties where he's required), and Gordin comes way too late to get any significant amount of EXP.

You are seriously saying that frey wouldn't be high ranked...ok just wanted to make sure.

Still, on h1, jagen won't be necessary as if it were h3 or 5

You are seriously saying that frey wouldn't be high ranked...ok just wanted to make sure.

Still, on h1, jagen won't be necessary as if it were h3 or 5

I'm saying Frey wouldn't be high ranked on a hard mode playthrough due to not being playable. dry.gif I listed off all of the playable prologue characters and mentioned that Cain & Abel would dominate the tier lists whether or not the prologue was played.

Sure, the need to use Jeigan is significantly less on H1, but he's still incredibly helpful.

Edited by Refa

Just saw this topic now. I've thought of doing this many times in the past, but I prefer to be the dipshit that disagrees with everyone else's ratings instead, but I just wouldn't know how I would rate some units. I would have a lot of zeroes if I did my own, I think.

I would do it in a draft/LTC environment though.

Edited by General Horace

If is normal mode, then the Altean trio, Caeda, Barst, and Lena rank tops, though the order, I can't say for sure. Does this include warpskip?

Not really, because if there are so many stave users, obviously some would be more preferable to others. Actually, does Wrys even start with a C rank in staves?

• 3 weeks later...