Abysmal Souls Chapter 6

ReformBlade

Lucretia

Lucretia awoke, feeling arms around her naked stomach. They were warm and welcoming--two things that she tended to not feel from many people. Remembering the events from the night prior, Lucretia looked to Aurelio, still asleep, a smile on his face. She gently took his arms off of her, slightly regretting the fact that she couldn't be held more by him. She stood, looking at the beautiful colors of the sunrise. The feelings she felt last night came back to her, and she was awash with a brilliant ecstasy that made her shiver. She stood there, allowing herself to bask in the glory of it all. She had never experienced such positive feelings. The fact that someone like Aurelio could love her like that... it was refreshing; she felt like a new person.

Usually Lucretia would have gotten ready to leave by that point, but she instead took her time. She washed herself carefully, with hot water. She allowed herself to feel clean and beautiful. She had even paid for the inn manager to bring her refreshing herbs that she then ground and used to make herself smell even better. She saved a few of them and packed them away in her jacket once she'd finished washing herself and returned to the room. Instead of dressing immediately, she allowed herself to stay undressed.

Aurelio was still asleep when Lucretia returned. She sat on the bed, straddling his leg, and kissed him on the cheek and lips. She ran a finger down his chest to his stomach and beyond, using both hands to feel his legs. After tracing the contours of his body, she kissed him again, her hands on his face and then running to his hair.

Despite him being asleep, Lucretia whispered to him. "Last night was everything I could have asked for. Thank you," she kissed him again, "I love you, Aurelio."

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aurelio - The morning after

Morning had come, it had been quite a night. He'd had a fair amount to drink, but even then all of it was engraved in his memory. Over all his years of travelling, he'd never felt particularly close to anyone. It's not that he didn't like other people, he'd have died of boredom if he had spent it all alone... but having someone close to him meant a lot.

He felt a tickle and something warm, Lucretia had probably gotten up before him.

"I love you, Aurelio."

"Heh, I love you too."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ken - Pending

------------------------------------------------------------

Lunaria

The cold had woken her up. The rain had stopped, but the storm had left its mark. The ground was drenched, creating a muddy mess. Lunaria couldn't bring herself off of the ground, her body didn't agree with her mind. She recalled her rage from the previous night... why did rain have to make her so angry? She didn't want to hurt him, she really didn't.

Her entire body was shivering, being in a pool of mud didn't help at all, she managed to call out;

"Reynor... p-please... help... so cold... I'm scared..."

----------------------------------------------------------

Oshea

His men had been up before sunrise, and their entire group had set off as the sun went up. He had six men under his command, which wouldn't be enough. They'd reach Pravna at around midday, where he could get at least another dozen and find a ship to take. He'd reach the witch by the night after, and work it from there.

The wagon continued along, his men were chatting, but he was uninterested in what they had to say. He didn't need to talk to people of such low class.

Kore

The rest of rainy night had passed uneventfully, with the black cloaked man walking into the town in the early hours of the morning. He had found shelter against the back wall of an inn, and slept warily there. By the time that the morning dawned, he was awake once more, and pleased to find that his source of easily accessible ammunition for his ice spells wasn't gone yet.

With quite content face, Kore wandered the town, looking rather ominous in his dark cloak and hood, all the while searching for something to eat.

-Obelia-

Obelia sighs a tiny bit once she leaps out of the wagon, letting herself stretch a moment or two to loosenup. Though rest will come soon, in her mind she needs to at least make sure she is ready for whatever these unseen assassins will throwat the group next. She tilts her head at Ken's query on sharing a room and while hesitant, she nods, though noting Sophia's need for extra space. She lightly touches her old friend's shoulder with a surprisingly light gauntlet, offering a solution to her worry with a smile.

'If you need space, I can rest perfectly fine in a chair or on the floor, Sophia. Just make sure you, your daughter' before finishing her sentence, she swivels her gaze to Ken and gives him a rather firm gaze 'and you, Ken, get your rest. I'd rather be defending non-lethargic charges if I could.'

-Langley-

So it comes to this. Langley's primary thought is this, her eyes observing the exchange between the two with a silence settled across her, arms folded and waiting. She barely notes the tensing of her hand across the side of her blades handle.This moment means more then she knows, but why comes only a few seconds later.

-Noel-

She could swat Andy aside and that pale idiot bound in the chair could get his throat ripped out within the space of a minute. She could do it, she really could. She wants this.But he's trying to stop her. He could die and she'd have her revenge.All she has to do is kill Andy. And it's in that thought that she realises, with a slightly sudden relaxation of her body, that may be the most impossible thought to put into practice. She feels herself go quiet a moment more and all she can muster is a glare at him. Shehas hate for the other, the other who sits frozen in their chair waiting to see what happens.

'...You're lucky, boy.' Her eyes trail across to the fearful other, before returning to Andy. Langley is barely noticed, relaxing her stance as Carrie's eyes stay on Andy's amoment. It's hard to judge the expression a moment, somewhere between hurt and care. But after a moment, with what seems like great difficulty, she shrugs and turns away, murmuring over her shoulder.

'He's learnt his lesson. Set him free, take him to the city council, dump him in a flower bed, I don't care.' She waves her hand over her shoulder, before heading for the front door.

-Carrie-

Carrie can't really remember much as she wakes, a small sort of grumble escaping her lips once or twice at the feeling of someone nudging her awake. Her mumble that follows seems tired and drawn out, yet she moves as if on automatic from thewagon, almost shambling from the wagon to the inn ahead, intending to sleep out the night in quiet rest. She half-remembers heading to her bedroom...

---

Half-awake the next morning, she grumbles the same as yesterday, wishing for five or ten more minutesto rest, tugging at sheets absently and trying to figure out her bearings a moment or two later.

-Ellandra-

A quiet mumble comes once or twice from the dove anri along the journey, but her reclusiveness is so much so that it's hard to tell if she's alseep or cocentrating sometimes.When eventually, the journey takes a small stop at the inn, she seems to confirm being awake, quite easily trailing out of the wagon,heading inside...

---

The next day, a small yawn escapes Ellandra's throat, a tiny bit easier then yesterday. She blinks further awake, noting the ease at which sound is beginning to come from her and smiles a bit to herself, sitting up on her bed and stretching out for a few good moments, wondering what the day may bring.

-Zwool-

'Wow.' Zwool's eyes trail around theroom with a sort of wonder, after all with the size of the library, shelves and stairwells towering over them, it's hard not to be slightly staggered by it. The librarian seems to have wandered out of view for a moment or two, perhaps to requisition a drink. Indeed he has and, unbeknownst to Zwool, it's probably gonna be a strong drink.Not many dragon anri turn up at his door at this time of day you see. For a few moments, Zwool is alone and he glances around nervously,unsure why he clutches so tightly onto the book. Something about it both calls out to him yet makes him nervous, like learning a parent is fallible. It's an inevitable thing and yet there is a certain sadness in that moment. For Zwool, that moment comes quickly to him and nothing is going to stop him from discovering what will be inside this book. For better or worse.

Edited by NagafenOfIlivikitty

Elune

The three men, whoever they were, were about to walk to her when one of them halted.

A: Hold up, you two. You think the Major would want her like that?

B: Fuck the major! ... Well, I would if she'd let me.

C: Exactly his point, idiot. The Major's younger than her, and she's a gal, too... You really think she'd want this bitch here raped, nearly dead?

B: What, you intend to stay in the damn army after this? Pah! We deliver her, we get the gold, we leave. Done.

Sophia

"Hey, Obelia, it's fine, you know. I'm sure you're tired too, aren't you?" She smiled at her old friend, not really understanding what the "defending" bit was all about. "Besides, you won't be able to 'defend' us if you're too tired too, right?"

Ken - Early morning

The weary travellers finally had a chance to rest. The night passed quickly, almost too quickly for Ken's liking. Surely morning hadn't come already? He opened his eyes, the sun creeping over the horizon through the window. It was morning, but only just. If he had been alone, he would have slept, but he had companions now. His last battle had made him aware of how feeble his fire magic was.

He could barely produce fire, let alone shoot it in a straight line. Obelia had saved him the previous time, but it wouldn't be fair on her if he was defenceless. His father had always made a point of being able to defend oneself, was it because of what happened to Rafael? Did his father want him to experience the world, was this trip really about converting people?

One day, he'd have a lot to manage. His future wasn't going to be easy, but he'd do all he could to make Lushira, maybe even the continent a better place.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Those guys who are totally, like, trying to kill Ken

"... So Ezekiel van Lirio has finally kicked the bucket... interesting..."

"Yes, we didn't even need to send someone to do him in, he died much sooner than even his doctors expected."

"I see, that just leaves his son, Ken. The House of Urith might have some trouble if their new head priest had... a mishap."

"Indeed. That would be most... unfortunate."

Rine

He slept inside the building, in the corner. It was a cold night, and his cloak couldn't keep his body warm even after covering his whole body with it, but in the end he managed to get through the night and wake up on the morning to see that it was still raining, though there were no clouds at the sky.

He stretched before lifting from the ground and picking his backpack, ready to leave the Inn and search for some place to eat, since it seemed that he wouldn't get food here. Outside, he could see more clearly the sky, with its odd scenario showing itself above him. "Rain and wind, if only we managed to reach the witch, she wouldn't have stood a chance. Oh well, the group still has an advantage, I guess.", he told himself in a whispering tone.

Curling his cloak around him, he began to explore the village to see if he could find what he was looking for.

Asviel

Ignatius' call was the last thing she needed to wake up, beside others such as the weather and the movement. She took some time to reply, stretching herself and looking at the horizon, noticing the strange sky but having her attention drawn to the town they reached. "Oh, so we're already here. Thank you for all your trouble". She still had to think what she was going to do after going into the town, but her mind couldn't get her a good answer at the moment. Instead, the girl watched the sunrise, her mind clear from grief for that brief time. "That sky... It sure is beautiful today".

Eiran - Up to something in Devon.

18 years, his journey hadn't been short or easy, and it was unlikely to be in the future. She tormented him, every single night. He'd never even seen her before, but he'd heard enough descriptions - and enough drawings on wanted posters. The last couple of years had seen Eiran wandering the continent. In recent years, the Crimson Witch seemed to have laid low, but there were many rumours saying she was in Shuthra. It didn't narrow it down that much, but he was willing to take a chance. There was even the odd story that she was on an island, which he didn't quite believe.

It was early morning, but Eiran had been awake for quite some time. He had only spent one night there but he was sick of Devon already. The bustling port environment, the happy families around him. He loathed it all, stopping at an inn had been disgusting, though the staff had soon learned to leave him alone. She clearly wasn't in the town, he saw no reason to stay.

Having no belongings other than the clothes on his back, his sword and a small pouch full of coins, packing wasn't an issue. He left his room and walked down the corridor, only for some imbecile to block his way.

"Move aside, you're in my way." he said coldly, he wasn't in the mood for anyone who wasted his time.

Edited by Parco Folgore

Tiran

After a night of gambling (and two fistfights), Tiran was, once again, bored out of his skull. Despite all the rumors of the Crimson Witch (both her presence an her imminent arrival), she and her caravan seemed to be nowhere nearby. Given another day, the mercenary would have given up his search and focused on the actual task he was supposed to be carrying out.

The inn was bustling, but nobody there seemed like they’d have anything to offer him. Some part of him felt like attacking someone, or ransacking something, or otherwise just starting a fight, but it would be too easy for the guards to subdue him. Even he couldn’t deal with the entire might of the heavily-guarded port singlehandedly.

"Move aside, you're in my way."

Tiran turned. There was a somewhat impressive-looking swordsman standing behind him, impatient. The mercenary wasn’t in the mood for much of anything right now, but a fight would relieve the monotony a bit. He responded in a flat, disinterested tone and nothing but a bored look in his eye.

“Watch yourself, friend. With that tone of voice, you might end up in a fight with someone undesirable.”

He absentmindedly raised his hand, fingering the hilt of the sword strapped to his back. Only for a moment, however, then he forced his hand back to his side. Wait. Not now. Not unless he attacks first. Tiran completed the gesture by turning away and pointedly not moving aside.

Edited by Camtech

Eiran

The man in front of him hadn't moved, in fact, he seemed quite determined not to move.

"Watch yourself, friend. With that tone of voice, you might end up in a fight with someone undesirable."

Eiran didn't feel like playing games, especially with such a lowlife. His sword-arm was itching, and he probably wasn't going to return to Devon. A little trouble was nothing. He put his hand on his sword.

"Indeed. You seem to fit the bill, you're pretty undesirable. You'll be an ample sandbag."

He was ready to draw his blade, he'd at least give him a little bit of a chance.

Edited by Parco Folgore

Tiran

Well, there it was. The man was itching for a fight, and Tiran would be happy to oblige. Keeping his dull voice, he sighed and turned, as if he had better things to do that deal with every arrogant swordsman in town.

"Well, I'm waiting. Your sword arm is twitching, I know you'd love nothing more than to drive that blade of yours through my gut."

It clicked. The man was familiar for a reason. It was so simple now, the man's face fit the rumors perfectly. Tiran's brow raised, ever so slightly. Not out of fear or confusion, but anticipation.

"Ah. I know you. There were rumors of a rookie swordsman searching for Anastasia. I won't ask your reasons; I, too, once fancied that she'd make a fine opponent. Alas, she's dead, and I think I'll settle for her killer."

He grabbed his sword and pulled it half out of its sheath.

"Here's hoping you'll at least make for a decent morning warm-up before she arrives."

Edited by Camtech

Elune

B: Get over and untie her.

C: Oh, fine, whatever you say, boss.

He walked over, cutting her bonds with a knife, Unfortunately, he didn't make sure Elune was actually restrained.

Once she was untied, she kicked him in the face, knocking him onto the floor. With one swift move, she picked up the knife, driving it into his chest. The other two men were standing now, one of them charging at her. She managed to duck under his punch, elbowing him in the face before stabbing him twice for good measure.

The third man launched his boot at Elune's face. She tried to dodge it, but she was too slow. He stepped on her arm, forcing her to release the knife before he kicked it away. He then grabbed her by her hair, slamming it into the table several times, until she was a crumpled heap, blood oozing from her forehead.

"Heh... Good. I like a girl that fights back. Makes it so much more fun to hear her scream. And now that those idiots are dead... I can do what I wanted to do from the start."

"You're gonna love this."

---

The man was sitting at the side, chuckling to himself. There was still a sharp, searing pain between Elune's legs, but the mental torture was much worse. Her body was visibly shaking, and she was almost about to cry.

She collapsed onto the floor, the man looking away, distracted. She found a bag lying on the floor. When she reached in, the first thing she felt was the handle of her crossbow. A little more digging found both of her daggers. Perfect.

"Hmm?" The man was up, his sword drawn. Elune mustered whatever little strength she had left, grabbing both daggers and throwing herself at him. Taken aback, he tried to defend himself with his sword.

One dagger found its way into his neck; the other, his chest. His blade found itself lodged in Elune's stomach.

She barely managed to push herself off his sword, stumbling to the bag where her crossbow lay. Too tired to even take a deep breath, she pushed her body out of the door, collapsing in an alley.

This... This is how I die? How... weak...

Danyon

He and Therese had reached the port late at night. There was a caravan by one of the houses - Thinking that house would be crowded, Danyon, with Therese's help, slipped into one of the other, small houses. The owner of the house was a strong, middle-aged seaman, who was kind enough to help the man. He was able to pop Danyon's shoulder back into place - Instantly, he felt relief in his arm.

"Wouldn't strain that too much now, if I were you," he muttered in a gruff tone. "Give it some time, or if you really care, get a healer. None of those here, but you could find some in Devon, I suppose."

He and Therese stayed the night in their home.

---

Morning came, and Danyon was up early. Therese was also awake too, sitting by the window, looking out towards the sea. He sat down next to her, almost deciding to put his (good) arm around her shoulder, but in the end, he withheld himself.

"What's bothering you on a beautiful day like this? Your sister?"

Adonis

Where is this? ... Oh, Krianri. Shit. This wasn't where he wanted to be. It wasn't a pleasant place, with all the Anri running around. It would do him good to get the hell away from there as soon as possible.

Even though his horse was tired, he pressed on. Jalden, at least. I can rest there.

Cyrus

---still sleeping---

Sophia

She had slept decently well that night, Alyssa only waking up twice, and she didn't even cry that badly. Carrying and patting her had gotten her to calm down, which was good.

As she had gone to sleep early, she had also woken up relatively early - The sun's rays could barely be seen. She looked out the window, and she saw a woman in black clothes, lying face-down, not moving at all. She looked familar, but Sophia couldn't exactly place where she'd seen her.

She walked over to Obelia, gently shaking her friend awake. "O-Obelia? There's someone lying outside the inn... Could you check if she's alright?"

Ken

Determined to do his very best, Ken promised himself that'd he'd practice his fire magic. Even if he could defend himself a little bit, it would be less trouble for those around him. He continued looking out the window, the street starting to show signs of life.

Unfortunately, it also showed quite the opposite. He watched a cloaked woman stumble and collapse. Even if they had merely passed out, that wasn't a good sign... and he didn't want to think about the worst case scenario. He left his room promptly, only stopping to knock on the ladies' door. It would be awfully rude to attempt to open the door, and even knocking so early felt wrong.

"Obelia, Sophia, someone's collapsed outside." he panted. "I'm going to see what I can do, I apologize if I have woken any of you up."

He took off again, almost falling down the stairs. He had to hurry, he didn't want to see anyone die. He pushed the door open, turning the woman onto her back - something he was barely able to do.

It was her. The assassin from the other day. Rafael's killer. There was part of him that wanted nothing more than to leave her, or punish her in some way... but he couldn't do it. How could he call himself "just" if he let another human being, no, another living thing suffer.

"If you can hear me, I'm going to attempt to heal you." he said firmly, preparing his healing spell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eiran

It seemed that goon in front of him was on a quest of his own. Not that it mattered, dead men have no goals.

"Ah. I know you. There were rumors of a rookie swordsman searching for Anastasia. I won't ask your reasons; I, too, once fancied that she'd make a fine opponent. Alas, she's dead, and I think I'll settle for her killer."

So Anastasia had been defeated after all, he could look into it more once his journey was over. Eiran drew his sword.

"Spare me your stories, I don't feel like chatting."

Suddenly, he launched into a full attack, his blade coming down viciously. Part of him hoped that he'd block the blow, it'd be a shame to finish him in one move.

Tiran

This oughta make a nice distraction for half an hour or so.

Tiran ducked to one side. Maybe a lesser fighter would have blocked or been killed, but it wasn't exactly difficult to see coming. Not with the way that man was swaggering, daring anyone to pick a fight. The blade whistled cleanly over his head - Tiran was sure it'd come around for a second strike, but he wasn't about to let that happen. Straightening, Tiran threw himself backwards while kicking his opponent in the stomach for a little more leverage. He landed on his back, lying only for a moment before leaping back to his feet, blade drawn in a defensive stance.

In his younger days, Tiran would have taunted his foe. Called him out, insulted him, anything. An enraged opponent was a clumsy one. In this case, though, it would do nothing but make him more liable should the guards decide to intervene. The mercenary stayed silent, watching for the next strike.

Therese

After riding for a bit, Therese and Danyon had found a small cottage on the outskirts of the city. The seaman residing therein was friendly enough, and the pair had a peaceful enough night.

---

The sun's rays peeking over the horizon woke Therese before Danyon. She shivered a bit, then crawled over to the window. It was a beautiful view - the sunlight struck the water, creating a brilliant, shimmering display.

Rina would have loved this view.

Therese wondered where her sister was. Wondered if she was alright, what she was doing. In all likelihood, she had found a way to return home.

Home...

Movement. A slight rustling noise brought her thoughts back to earth as the horseman sat down next to her.

"What's bothering you on a beautiful day like this? Your sister?"

"Yeah... It's- She's such a young girl. I can't help but think that something would happen to her and I won't know about it."

Ormis/Teis

Ormis woke up to the sensation of something wet and wooden pressed to his face. Not an unfamiliar feeling, but unpleasant nonetheless. He scrambled up, confused, wondering what exactly had happened the previous night.

Shit... Where-

All he could recall was someone carrying him out of the bar. Nothing more. So, without much purpose, he wandered off in search of Aurelio.

---

Teis had no real clue where the rest of the group had gone. It was only after asking a good portion of the night wharfmen that the night was able to locate the inn where Aurelio and his partner had stayed.

Without much else to do, he got himself a glass of water and sat down in the nearest tavern (the one where they had been the night before, incidentally). Hopefully Ormis would find his way back, else he'd be left behind.

Edited by Camtech

Ken

The assassin was unconscious, and injured. His spell ready, he began healing. To revert the body to a healthy state, that was his goal. Combat magic had never been his forte, but healing was very much his thing.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Eiran

His opponent had dodged, and even had enough cheek to kick Eiran, whilst giving himself a little more space. This man clearly knew what he was doing, perhaps he might have to put a little effort in after all. He was intriguing, but all good books had to be closed eventually. Defence seemed to be his enemy's priority, which Eiran could use to his advantage. He had nothing to say, only someone to cut down.

Raising his sword, he unleashed a flurry of blows, it was only a matter of time before his opponent had to do something interesting.

Tiran

The man's not a complete amateur, at least.

Tiran let the man attack, taking a few steps back and deflecting or dodging blows as needed. His opponent's sword was quick, but Tiran's was quicker. The mercenary let his foe wear himself out for a while, feigning a yawn before throwing out a few swings of his own to keep his attacker occupied.

It wasn't terribly difficult to keep himself unscathed, but Tiran knew that he would have to think of something sooner or later. The man's attacks weren't exactly fast, but if he kept backing up he'd end up in a corner. The crowd had parted to watch the pair of battling fighters - an unwelcome sight to Tiran's eyes. The low number of people running to alert the guards meant that help would not be forthcoming any time soon. If he'd had his armor on, Tiran would have simply taken his chances and bulldozed the belligerent swordfighter into a wall. Without it, though, he was forced to be a bit more cautious.

In a brief moment between attacks, the mercenary seized his chance and swung hard. Using the momentum, he threw a vicious punch at his opponent's face with his free hand, grasping for the hilt of his attacker's blade at the same time. Tiran knew it was a risky move; he was relying on his speed and his hauberk to keep him alive should the maneuver fail. Without his heavy armor, a quick fighter could easily take the opportunity to throw in a few attacks before he regained his balance.

Eiran

His attack had yet again been unsuccessful, and his opponent was up to something. He saw him move, a fist heading towards him, dodging it would be unlikely at best. He felt the impact on his face, but it wasn't solid. Wait, he was after his sword wasn't he? He abandoned his own blade, putting in a little flick to make grabbing it difficult, in favour of his opponent's. With both of his hands free, he could easily "relieve" him of it.

He didn't have a back-up weapon, otherwise he would have tried something a little less adventurous. People would notice them eventually, but he'd make sure they kept quiet. It would be just like the massacre at Keyes, it was a shame the villagers got in the way.

Tiran

Shit...

The man really was skilled. He did exactly as Tiran would have done, although the mercenary couldn't help but think that he wouldn't toss aside his own weapon so carelessly.

Tiran responded by pulling a drastic move of his own. Keeping to his motion, he drove his left shoulder into his foe's chest and drove down, aiming to at least knock him over. At this point, the man had gotten both hands on Tiran's weapon. Still, he had a reasonably firm grip on it; he wasn't afraid of dropping it, at least. Besides, they were too close for it to really make a difference.

Before either combatant could do much to gain an advantage, though, there was a shout and the sound of weapons being drawn. The cavalry had arrived.

"Hey, you two! Both of ya, up! Drop yer weapons!"

Tiran groaned. He shoved himself off of his opponent (releasing his sword at the same time) and threw himself on top of one of the approaching soldiers. In the resulting struggle, Tiran helped himself to the man's bow, shield and dagger before gutting him with a stolen arrow. He stood up, brandishing the guard's shield and blade.

"Finally. Something semi-interesting."

Lucretia

"Heh, I love you too."

"I've waited to hear those words out of your mouth," Lucretia giggled and kissed Aurelio again. "Can you believe we've known each other for this long? And to think, our encounter was almost... chance." She smiled, remembering chasing Carrion to the mountains in the hopes of learning about the nightmares and flashbacks.

Was Carrion able to understand? I wonder... She pondered this question as she dressed.

"It's coming close to departure time, Aurelio. Should we... get going?"

Adano

The dream was stronger than before. He awoke to his pillow and sheets stained with sweat. Shivering, he looked outside.

"The sky is... red. Sailor's Warning." He muttered to himself as he got out of bed and dressed. Looking to his armor pads, he decided against using them any more. They would only slow him down, and he was already slow as was from his injury.

"This armor has been nothing but a hindrance to me. I have no more need for these. I may die soon--I want to die as I was. A swordsman." He finished dressing and took the armor downstairs to the manager.

"I want you to have these. Consider it a... tip. I have no need for these."

For the first time in a long time, Adano stood up straight. He looked at his clothes--he'd kept them hidden for years, ashamed of his loss of ability. Since meeting his daughter again for the first time, he wanted to show her what he truly was.

I am a swordsman. I live and die by the sword.

Aurelio

"It's coming close to departure time, Aurelio. Should we... get going?"

In another world, he would have quite happily stayed there a few hours longer. He couldn't though, it was time to get moving. His clothes were scattered all over the room, some of them in rather impressive positions. The winner had to be his shirt, which was hanging out of the window. Leaning across to reach it, he remembered Ormis, last night hadn't been good for him. It's best to find him before he wandered off.

"Lucretia, I'll catch you in a bit, I'll see if Ormis and the others are about. I don't want him wandering off or something."

He dashed through the door, grabbing his sword, and hurried down the stairs. Hopefully, Teis would be hanging around the tavern, he'd have the sense to do it. Not stopping, he continued out of the door. Much to his surprise, he spotted a very weary looking Ormis in the street. Well, at least he was still alive... and in the city.

"Yo, buddy. How's it hanging? Ha, maybe how you're hanging would be a better question."

------------------------------------------------------------

Eiran

Eiran's gamble hadn't quite worked the way he wanted. He'd ended up with his own sword again, and his enemy had managed to get him off balance, although he'd chosen not to attack. Was it mercy? Eiran soon found out that it hadn't been, he'd decided to cut down a guard instead. The odds are that they were surrounded. His opponent had looted his victim, claiming the spoils like some kind of vulture. Truly disgusting.

Guards were starting to pour in, they too would be unfortunate victims - Eiran didn't feel very playful... or merciful. The scumbag had already started with the guards. He could finish him off afterwards, he joined his opponent, decapitating a guard with a forceful, yet still rather streamline swing.

"Pity, you should have picked a different fight." he said coldly, showing no remorse at all. It would be a long morning.

Elune

Even though there wasn't much blood coming from her wound, she knew it went in deep. She flickered in and out of consciousness, barely aware that someone was coming, until she heard his voice.

"If ... hear me, I'm ... heal."

Oh, the irony.

Danyon

"Yeah... It's- She's such a young girl. I can't help but think that something would happen to her and I won't know about it."

"Hey... My sister's slightly younger than you now, probably by 2 or 3 years. When I... left, she was half her current age, and sometimes, for no reason, I'd just feel afraid something would happen to her... I get the feeling, alright? And if you want me to, I could help you. I have no real obligation to stay with Carrion anyway."

Oh, Julia... I hope you aren't doing anything stupid because of me...

Ignatius

"It is beautiful, isn't it? With the weather behaving so oddly and the storms the past few days, it is indeed a sight to behold..." I wonder how many sunrises I have left to view in this old body? No... I shouldn't dwell on that. I'm alive and healthy, that's enough. I can't stop until I... remember. "Asviel, child, do you have any gold on you? I can give you some if you need it." Ignatius said as he produced a small satchel filled with some gold coins. "It's not much, but it should at least give you a few nights at the inn here, and food. If you need anything else from me, I'll be around the area. There's some... matters I must attend to." Handing off the gold and smiling in his own wolfish way, Ignatius scampered off towards the east.

Grant

Deciding to go check out the boat they would be taking, Grant found someone else there. "Um, excuse me... Are you gonna be using that boat?"

"Yeah, it's kinda my boat and I kinda fish. It's... how I earn any sort of living out in these parts." the lady replied. Grant couldn't see her too well over the boat's railing, but he could hear movement and shifting up on it.

"Thing is, my companions and I were kinda... promised a ship. Yours is the one I was directed to, apparently..."

"Yeah and? Look, I'm not very well liked here, I should just tell you that up front. I don't particularly care if you were told you can have the boat, you can't have my property! This was my dad's boat, and my dad's dad's as well. They were great fishermen. Men. Apparently being born a woman means I can't do as well, despite me proving them wrong. Can you believe that crap? Oh like you'd care, you just want to use my boat for god knows why! Let me guess, you wanna go to the island south of here, right? Well tough. I'm not gonna lose this boat to some selfish misinformed jerk! Go away!" The lady went back to her business, moving crates around up top.

"Nice to meet you as well..." Sighing and cursing under his breath, Grant looked over to the inn, glaring as if that would help, and then returning his attention to the lady up top. "Look, I apologize for... going on bad information, the thing is, we really do have a job to do over there. We've been entrusted with trying to bring the "witch" into custody, for what I don't know, probably for murder or something, either way, we could really use your help."

"Why does it have to be me? There's plenty of other seaworthy ships over that-a-way." Her attention was squarely not on Grant still.

"Well... uh..." Think , Grant, think! "You said yourself, you're the greatest fisher here, right? I think we'd certainly feel safer with someone as skilled as you."

The woman stopped what she was doing, trying her hardest not to lash out at the man for such a stupid trick. "I think you'd better leave... Now."

"Do you want money? Something else? What? Like I said, I'm sorry, but-"

"I swear to whatever god that decides to listen, if you don't leave right now, I will come down there and ruin you. I'm busy as all get out, and I'd rather not talk to strangers who don't know what they're doing."

Yielding from a pointless fight, Grant walked away frustrated at the fruitlessness of it all...

In the central cathedral of Albion

"Now please just think about this for but a moment. If we do not go after them now, or at least within the week, there's no guarantee that the opportunity will present itself again!"

Five people are sitting around a table in a small room in the cathedral, away and out of sight of others. At the head sits an older woman, one that, despite obvious signs of age, bears a certain elegance and an air of nobility around her. The other four have various expressions on their faces, one pleading, one almost angry, another sad and the last one seems to be indifferent to it all. The angry looking man spoke up. "If we can't go in now, then we're simply waiting for an invasion to happen to us! It's not like the slave market is a big secret anymore, Lady Dianeira, we will have to answer for that at some point, and I doubt we can beg forgiveness."

"Have we tried? And I do not remember ever condoning such barbaric behavior like that. Do you know who will have to answer for all of that? For all the wrongdoings and outright hateful things in this nation?" Dianeira asked rhetorically. "I will. I will gladly do it for the sake of the nation I've grown to love despite how it has been corrupted, but to pretend you are the only ones getting hurt or wronged in all of this is just shameful."

It took him a moment, but the pleading man spoke up, "My lady, it's not that we don't think it won't affect you more, it's not even the point right now. The point is, despite everything that has happened, we are risking being overrun with inaction. I know our teachings in and out, I know we've... deviated. But right now, we cannot sit idly by, we have a right to self defense."

"And invading Shuthra first is self defense? Madness... One cannot claim self defense if they themselves are going on the offensive first!" A twitch in her eye told them all just how angry she was getting.

Deciding to take a shot at it as well, the indifferent looking man stood up, "Lady Dianeira, with all due respect, you do not control our military. I respect what you've done for our nation, and I respect you, but the apostles are in agreement, we need to make this happen. If we do not have your blessing, then so be it. We do not need the blessing of a coward who holds onto such old fashioned ideals and principles. They worked 50 years ago, my lady. The times have changed and we must adapt, and if you want proof, we have the history books to do just that. Not a single nation has remained so static in this world and been able to last. If you wish to hold onto the beliefs, sure, but do not metaphorically damn your people because you are so immovable."

"I am doing no such thing! I follow the teachings of the Goddess Herself, I have tried to teach the world, my nation, I have tried my hardest to bring everyone into Her light, and I am met only with friction. I am patient, I may be old fashioned and idealistic, but..." Dianeira smiled, "I am still alive, and I will continue to do what is right. If you move without my permission, then you will be excommunicated, Jonis. I'm sure you understand what that means. I love you like a child, but a mother must be strict..."

"I care not if I'm excommunicated!" Jonis slammed his hands on the table, now leaning over it. "I care about my life more than this damned Church! What has the Goddess actually done, lately?! Has she aided us in our plight?! Has she even heard our prayers as of late?! Was it all an elaborate hoax, Dianeira?! Frankly, I'm getting fed up with these placating answers you give! 'Keep praying, perseverance is key!' 'Even if she doesn't speak, she can hear our prayers!' I don't believe that for one minute! If she actually cared, if she was the kind of Goddess you believe exists, she would have set us straight ages ago. And right now, I don't care to debate her existence, something that hasn't been proven aside from a few easily replicated magic tricks!"

"Tricks? Then are you saying you can bring back the dead like I can, Jonis?" Taking a deep breath to calm herself before speaking out, her voice sounded with conviction. "Jonis, I hereby strip you of your rank and you are henceforth no longer an apostle of Lushiris. You will be stripped of all possessions, you will have to start anew. However, if you want forgiveness, I am not so immovable as you may think. If you can truly repent, I will give you your rank back... in time."

Laughing as he turned to leave, just as he was about to open the door, he turned to the others. "You can't seriously believe this crap, can you? This farce? She's but a woman with delusions of grandeur. It is a beautiful vision, Dianeira, but it's just that, a vision. Your say matters very little when it comes to the possibility of letting everyone live or die in this nation. You may be forgiving, but is Shuthra? Are feral beasts so forgiving when they smell the blood of their prey? I think not... So I will defend this nation you hold so dear, even if you don't! If after all is said and done, you hold true to your word, I'll gladly leave this nation that would spur a man who would die for it." With that, Jonis left, leaving nothing but a lingering feel of hatred in the room.

Dianeira sighed and looked down to the floor. "He's so foolish. I know he means well, but he has no idea what he's doing."

"But you do, my lady? I'm sorry, but... we're all in agreement with him. If we don't invade, we're sitting ducks. If not to Shuthra, than to Astarte. They may be non-hostile at the moment, but they've been in skirmishes lately, not to mention how quickly they've risen. This is all for the defense of our beliefs and your nation. Our nation, Lady Dianeira... please understand..." The sad one explained.

"You all see the same way?" she looked up to see them all nodding. "I... do not believe in such violent methods, but... No, I still cannot condone it. I will not enact another holy war so long as I live."

"Then we are at an impasse. My lady, it was wonderful working with you, no matter how many times our ideals clashed. We will go defend your holy nation and accept whatever punishment you feel is just."

"Leave me, I must think on this..."

The other three stood up, bowed, then left Dianeira to her silence. She had begun to cry to herself. "Is there nothing I can do? Lushiris, please... please help us in our time of need... I know you can hear me, we need your divine blessings, now more then ever!"

"I know you do, Dianeira..." Lushiris spoke, knowing she could not be heard as things were. "I know now more than ever..."

Edited by RainbowKitty

• 2 weeks later...

Ormis

"Yo, buddy. How's it hanging? Ha, maybe how you're hanging would be a better question."

Ormis glanced up; it was Aurelio.

"Can it, Aurelio." The boy's headache was getting worse, but he wasn't about to let the other man know that. It was probably best to change the subject, he figured.

"So, when are we heading out? I'm getting more bored by the minute and the longer we wait the more likely someone unsavory is gonna find your sister."

Therese

"Hey... My sister's slightly younger than you now, probably by 2 or 3 years... ...I get the feeling, alright?"

Therese faked a smirk. She wanted to pretend that she didn't care, that she knew everything would be fine. But, of course, things never worked out that way.

"Heh... Fer all I know, she's halfway t'-"

"And if you want me to, I could help you. I have no real obligation to stay with Carrion anyway."

That stopped her. Therese didn't really know how to respond to that. This was a man who had, only days ago, attacked her. And now he wanted to help her?

But then again, he seemed serious enough.

"Let's jus' wait an' see what happ'ns, then, eh? Yeh're not goin' anywhere wit' that arm of yers, not fer a while."

Tiran

The guards really had surrounded them, but Tiran wasn't worried, not yet. These guards were all the same- weak, slow, and unwilling to take risks.

Even so, he'd almost been injured when he glanced back to make sure his opponent wasn't taking advantage of the situation. A quick glance showed that both swordsmen had had the same thought, get rid of any distractions, then get back to the fight.

He'd long-since lost both the stolen sword and his regular broadsword (no matter, there were plenty of blacksmiths in town) and had resorted to unarmed tactics. One soldier attempted to use his shield as a battering ram. Tiran caught the edge of the wooden board and yanked it, owner and all, shoving him into a group of his comrades. As he passed, he snagged an arrow from the man's quiver and stabbed him in the throat.

A few minutes later, it looked like the other man was grabbing a bit more attention. The mercenary could work with that. He helped himself to some arrows and another sword from a corpse, strung his bow and began taking potshots into the crowd of onrushing soldiers.

Aurelio

"Can it, Aurelio."

Somebody was a little grumpy, Ormis' ego probably wasn't happy with him passing out. There was no point going too far with it.

"So, when are we heading out? I'm getting more bored by the minute and the longer we wait the more likely someone unsavory is gonna find your sister."

Ideally, he'd like to head off as soon as possible. The longer they left it, the worse Lunaria's chances... that was if she was even there. He'd spent a decade following rumours and it had gotten him nowhere. It was a scary thought, but would he one day have to accept that his family was gone? He couldn't let him think like that, that was pansy-talk.

"Lucretia's getting ready, I assume Adano is too. We can probably head off once we find Teis and Rina. They're probably waiting at the pub or something."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oshea

The journey was incredibly dull, he hated being surrounded by such vulgar people. Hopefully the witch would torch some of them, it would also mean he didn't have to pay them. The cart suddenly stopped, the horse had been startled by something. Oshea was not pleased. He called to one of his men.

"You, the one at the front. What's the cause of all this?" he shouted.

"Uh... there are some people on horses ahead of us, Mr Oshea... we do have names..." the mook at the front replied.

"Yes, yes. I'm sure you have birthdays and star signs too. Let's deal with this." Oshea barked, impatient as always. "Pull up next to them."

Obeying his boss, the mook complied. Oshea made his way to the front of the cart, ready to address the group. He needed his cool for this, nobody takes an angry man seriously.

"Hello there, you seem to have upset my horse... and ruffled up my men. I'd advise being more aware of your surroundings, lest you come across trouble."

----------------------------------------------

Eiran

His opponent was focused on other things, mostly reclaiming a weapon. The soldiers around him were weak, slow and cowardly. Another charged at him, but was swiftly cut down, although it appeared that he was a little tougher than the others. Well, he hadn't died immediately.

"My wife... I...please..." he spluttered. Eiran decided to show mercy... in his own way.

"I had a wife too once... I don't see why you should be different..." he snarled, his blade swinging down on the man's neck. The other soldiers began to hesitate, they had seen what their enemy was capable of. It didn't matter to Eiran, whether or not they wanted to fight, they were still in his way.

• 2 weeks later...

Julius and Gabriel (Long Forgotten, I know)

The pair woke up, allowing the daylight to hit them as they got out of their large bed. Gabriel decided to splurge on the two and rent one of the best rooms in the place--usually reserved for the nobility. They stood up and dressed, both of them in their most formal attire.

"Are you ready?" Julius asked Gabriel as he tied his ascot and put on his cufflinks.

"I don't know," Gabriel replied, "I guess we'll have to see." He put water on his hair and neatened it up. "There's no turning back--we have the will with us."

Holding hands, the pair left the inn, leaving a hefty tip for the innkeeper.

Cameron (Also forgotten)

Cameron was up before dawn, preparing a large breakfast for his new master. Despite being unsure of what he usually ate, Cameron figured he could make what the chefs in the large Sarson manor would make. He wanted to prove his loyalty, and this was it.

By the time he finished making the breakfast, his master was awake and seated in the large dining area. Cameron brought the meal over with an extremely large smile on his face. It was almost unnatural, but his master could not help but be enticed by the delicious aroma.

"Cameron--this is incredible!" He said in between bites.

"I wasn't sure what you liked, but I've seen what the chefs in your father's estate would make, and I tried to replicate that as best I could." Cameron replied, grinning at the compliment.

"I'm amazed! Did you cook in my father's service?"

"Not always--the chefs did the main cooking, although I would assist when someone was ill or when there was a large meal to be served."

"I think I could see you doing this long-term; what would you say if I wanted you to be head chef?"

"I'd be honored, sir!" Cameron's thrill at this new position made him forget for a moment being scorned by Gabriel.