Lyle's Character review topic.

Me, Hika and probably somebody else.

I think Ninji helped out there to.

Anyway, so I've finally reached the endgame, and a lot of people have reached capped stats or nearly all capped stats (Except for Oliver cause I just got him, but I gave him Paragon so he will catch up quickly.)

Although of these are the people I raised:

Tanith

Ulki

Mist

Boyd

Tauroneo

Meg

Leonardo

Oliver (Not really raised at this point but I'm taking him)

Makalov

Astrid

Brom

And Devdan/Danved/Gonad/Gonzales/Martinez/Marty/Doc/Dopey.

If you can count, that means you can tell that that's 12 people. Unfortunatley, I can only choose 10 people to go with me. I feel like going to japan, finding the game planner for this game, and beating him to death for forcing the dragons and Sanaki down our throats without at least giving us a little more room to take people WE like.

So, I decided immediatley to ditch Tauroneo, since I'm not very fond of him anyway. He's not too ugly anyway, just old and useless. But the next person to throw out was hard.

Note: It's worth noting, that I also wanted to take Giffca on this, but I knew there was no way I'd be able to so I decided to put him in the back of my mind.

In the end, I regrettably decided to take out Mist. I really didn't want to, but there was no one else I could think of to take out. Maybe Ulki, but he's someone I've always wanted to use and being a Laguz I haven't gotten the chance to raise him as well as I have this time.

Plus, I'm sure Boyd can do well enough on his own. And I'm giving him Urvan so he can tear through everybody save The BK and Deghinsea. Though I'm sure given the chance he'd tear though The Bk, but he'll have to be satisfied with Levail.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here's the final party I have. Excluding people that I needed to bring. I'll list their stats, skills, a brief description of what I went through to raise them, and a numerical rating from 1-10

Boyd: Boyd maxed out in all stats. I gave him Urvan, and he's a crazy killing machine. The skills I equipped to him are Nihl and Counter. He's not really ugly, but he's not really handsome either. He has a sort of rugged charm to him though. Overall I'd give him a 10/10. I've never really used him before, but I'm certainly going to consider using him my next few playthroughs.

Meg: Meg maxed out everything except Magic. However, if you're worried about magic for a Marshall, then you're not really playing the game right. Anyway, I think I might have screwed with her growths by giving her BEXP growths at one point, but with the combination of paragon and her good growths, she turns out to be quite useful. I gave her Nihl, but I also kept Fortune on her. One thing I noticed was that as I used her more and more, I got over the whole "She looks like a fat cow" thing so it's really not an issue. She certainly isn't attractive, but I'm not repulsed by her anymore either. There's a certain cuteness to her. Like she's my little sister. Not my particular little (half) sister, who is a demon spawn. But I like Meg. I gave her Alondite if that matters much to you. And she's supported with Leonardo.

Overall I'd give Meg a 9/10. The only reason keeping her from getting a 10 would be her lousy starting level. If you don't like Edward, and plan on using Zihark instead. You should use Meg in place of Edward. She's good enough to make up for him. Combine her with Leo and they make quite a team.

Leonardo: First thing I'll say is that when I combined him with Meg, the two were quite a team. He'd weaken them and she'd finish them off. Sorta like Shinon and Gatrie's thunder and lightning combo. Leo had trouble with speed the whole time. Lughawhatever helped out a lot, but I didn't want to rely on that for speed. He has great strength, but for an archer, speed is more important. In the end he capped everthing except Speed and Def at 33 and 30 respectively. The entire time I raised him I worried about his speed. By the endgame I gave him Resolve and Adept along with whatever skills were forced/locked on him. I gave him the Brave bow to make up for lost shots. Now he's fast enough to double shit, so he gets four shots in.

I'd give Leo a 6/10. His strength is good, but lack of speed and constant nurturing will hurt him in the end.

Oliver: I can't help but Lol at this. You don't get Oliver for long. Really for only the endgame. He starts out severly undernourished in speed and skill. Along with other categories. However, his strength is quite remarkable. Though he's a saint. So speed shouldn't be a priority. With Bexp abuse and a few battle save loads, Oliver capped everything except speed which is at 29. I gave him purge, and for skills I gave him Adept and cancel. There's not much I can say about Oliver other than that. I know many people would never give him a chance even if I said he was the best damn unit in the game. However, he's not bad at all. The fact that he has his own battle theme gives him +100 cool points in my book.

Overall I'd give Loliver 8/10. He really deserves a 7, but his theme and the fact that he should not be alive at all gives him enough bonus points to get boosted one.

Makalov: Well, he's certainly no one to go crazy over, but he's not bad. Not excellent, but not bad. At first I got speed screwed, which didn't make sense cause he has the best speed growths in the game. Once I realized that I think the game remembered to. Makalov maxed everything. The only skill I gave him was Pravise by the endgame and he doesn't use it too much. He does pull of Sol often enough. I'd say Makalov is the average unit. He in't bad in any area, but he doesn't shine anywhere either. He's you're average joe. Certainly Stefan's Vague Katti's critical rate goes to waste on anything but a Trueblade.

I give Makalov a 6.5/10. You won't do badly with him, but you can't rely on him to take on the entire level by himself.

Astrid: Again. Astrid isn't ugly, but hey, I can take her if I want. She starts out low, but like any of the ugly units, she can grow to be great. In the end she capped everything but speed. Which she had a problem with from the beginning. With the combination of Paragon and Blossomm she turns out well though. She isn't particularly amazing, but she does have moments when she shines. I think I leveled her up too much before getting Blossom so she didn't get the full experience of that. TBQH Blossom has never shown much for me in the first place. I feel I'd be better off using BEXP. But that's just me I guess. Once she grew to a level where taking paragon and blossom off was practical, I gave her vantage and corrosion. Which in retro-spective is pretty useless in the final matches..... I gave her the Double Bow and ditched any spears I had on her. I think you should at least give her a chance if you haven't.

I give Astrid an 8/10. Not the goddess Fox made her out to be. But she is certainly a lot better than people give her credit for.

Brom: .....I really want to like Brom......really I do. But he makes it so hard. I got pretty speed screwed with him. He had 23 speed at level 15. So I had to use both the speedwings I had saved, and a bunch of BEXp to get him back up to par. With all that work he eventually capped everything cept Magic and resistance. However that took a lot of work. He had problems the entire time except when he was overleveled cause I used him too much since he was the only ugly unit in Ike's team at the time save Boyd who I wasn't sure I was going to use till about the 5th chapter in PT4. I gave him Daunt, Resolve, and the Brave axe. He's not a bad unit, but he certainly isn't worth taking away the exp from Nephene. I won't be using Brom again if not needed.

I give him a 5/10. Sorry Masu.

Devdan/Danved/Gonad/Gonzales/Martinez/Marty/Doc/Snow/Ice: In some aspects it's hard to hate him. But in other's it's hard to like him. You know how Nephene is an all-around great unit, and how Aran has great STR and DEF but shit for speed if you're not lucky? Well Devdan/Danved/Gonad/Gonzales/Martinez/Marty/Doc/Snow/Ice/Glalie has the opposite problem. He has good speed and skill, but lousy def and str. Nephene is the combination of the two good qualities of Devdan/Danved/Gonad/Gonzales/Martinez/Marty/Doc/Snow/Ice/Glalie/Ash and Aran, but without their side effects. I had to give Devdan/Danved/Gonad/Gonzales/Martinez/Marty/Doc/Snow/Ice/Glalie/Ash/Volcano all my energy drops and a Dracoshield and still he didn't cap either. Granted they were the only stats he didn't cap, but those are important stats for a Sentinel. As for skills and shit, I gave him the Brave lance, Imbune and Vantage.

I give him 4/10. He's good for the parts you need him, but that's pretty much it. The poll was correct. Nephene>>>>Aran>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Devdan/Danved/Gonad/Gonzales/Martinez/Marty/Doc/Snow/Ice/Glalie/Ash/Volcano/Mayan.

Tanith: Now that we've gotten past the two not-so-good units, we get to one of my favorite units this runthrough. As you can tell, Tanith kicks ass. She capped all her stats without a problem, and even 2 levels before 20. She, like Boyd, is going to be one of the units I start using more often. I gave her wrath and vantage and wishblade. Though I think next time I'll give her better skills. She isn't ugly either, but she's not hot. Though after seeing her final sprite and how well she does in battle, I think she is pretty hot now. There's not much more I can say about her, but she's someone you can't go wrong with in my opinion.

Tanith FTW. 10/10

Ulki: Finally, the last one. He has all the flaws of any other laguz, and I can't really compare them to anything. All the laguz can turn out good if it wasn't for their crippling transformation time. Ulki capped all his stats and with a laguz gem is a beast er...bird. He capped all his stats, and I gave him Naesala's malestrom and miracle. There's not much more I can say about him.

7/10. His caps are kinda low. But that would only bump him down to an 8. The fact that he's a laguz kills him.

So that's it. Maybe on another runthrough I'll do something different. But don't count on it happening soon/. I just got God of war. And my hands are about to fall off from all this typing. I hope I helped some of you.

Another tidbit of info. Here's the top 5 people in this round:

5th: Leonardo 74

4th: Boyd 83

3rd: Brom 83

2nd: Makalov 87

1st: Meg 95

Meg....is my first place.......wow......

I'm debating using nothing but fliers and the three brothers in a playthrough.

Imagine if you will. Every unit can participate in a triangle attack (which I'm not sure you guys have bothered with, but it's a guaranteed critical hit for a bit of extra damage. Fucking awesome) except for Jill and Haar, but they don't particularly need it as Dragonlords are the shit.

It leaves room for another character. Can't decide who I'd take. Probably Ilyana or Soren because Sages are neat.

Astrid got speed screwed? I see that's the only reason she wasn't as good as I said. Speed IS the most important stat! What was her ending speed?

Not enough to be a deal-breaker. 33. So she didn't miss it by much.

I think that if she had decent speed the entire game I'd be fine with her. Just so many characters in this run-through were speed screwed it got tiresome. I'll give her another shot maybe.

I'm considering doing another playthrough, but I haven't decided yet if I should use Astrid or Fiona, being I gave neither the chance in the past. Who do you think will be deemed more worthy? ( and I plan on using Meg as well)

I'm considering doing another playthrough, but I haven't decided yet if I should use Astrid or Fiona, being I gave neither the chance in the past. Who do you think will be deemed more worthy? ( and I plan on using Meg as well)

well, both have the potential to end up good. Fiona is hard to use in the beginning, but eventually she becomes a mounted goddess according to some very reliable sources

i'm using Fiona right now.

This runthrough I'm going through now I'm gonna use Aran Fiona and Meg. (As well as my usual zihark and Jill.)

Now that I've gotten used to Meg, I can kick out Edward for good.

I would go with Astrid because she's easier to use, has overall better caps, and is hot as hell.

I would go with Astrid because she's easier to use, has overall better caps, and is hot as hell.

Lol. That line makes me laugh when it comes outta you. And not cause your bi.

Well, I haven't used Fiona, but Astrid has the advantage of being in Por and a natural Paragon. Plus she can use Blossom if you're so inclined.

Sorry for the ginormus delay, I've been busy writing a stupid essay required to get into this LSAMP program at college( it's like a honor society for medical students, and you get an annual stipend, which is not much because I'll be getting like $300 a month for being in ROTC as well, just enough to live off of.) Anyway, thanks for the advice! That means I'll probably substitute Fiona for some other character..... any suggestions?

Sorry for the ginormus delay, I've been busy writing a stupid essay required to get into this LSAMP program at college( it's like a honor society for medical students, and you get an annual stipend, which is not much because I'll be getting like $300 a month for being in ROTC as well, just enough to live off of.) Anyway, thanks for the advice! That means I'll probably substitute Fiona for some other character..... any suggestions?

Edward.

Maybe Nolan.

Right now I'm focusing on Aran, Fiona, and Meg in this runthrough. Leo, Nolan, and Edward are collecting dust in the base.

• 2 weeks later...
This may not belong to this topic, but does anyone here think (and hope) that there'll come a new FE which is building on PoR and RD, with the same characters and all?

Well, I wouldn't want all the same characters. At some point we need to be able to move on.

But it being set in the same place might not be too bad. There was a topic somewhere about what could happen if they did a prequel with Greil as the main character.

I wouldn't want all the same characters, but maybe 7 or 8 of the characters returning would be cool.

Of course that depends on how many characters are available.

No, you are right, I guess I didn't mean ALL the same characters. But at least the main characters, like the laguz kings (and Queen Nailah) And since Ike left in the end of RD there would be a new guy in his stead.

I suppose I just meant a new FE game which are being on Tellius.