Curse of the Emblem

Felover3

I'm not trying to argue with you. I wasn't. I was saying what I felt, yes, just as you are saying what you feel. But, I wasn't trying to say you were wrong--what I was saying was that if the hack was as frustrating as you tell it to be, everyone who's played it would have said so, but, we haven't. You've been the aggressor here, sorry :/

Where the hell did I say you don't like the hack? The "it" above in one of the posts is referring to the crit issue you're talking about, not the hack in its entirely (the statement before it was referring to the hack in its entirety, if that confused you).

Which is untrue. The point dondon and I made at the start was that it becomes an entirely luck-based affair. People have survived russian roulette as well, does that make it any less dangerous? It's the same concept. You either get crit or you don't. When you do it's frustrating, when you don't you never notice it is an issue. In my case I got crit on several tries because of every enemy being able to do it. The 5% Steel Sword/Iron Blade Mercs were the worst of the bunch. If you guys don't have an issue when you don't get crit, why does it matter if it's fixed? The gameplay would end up the same, except you'd never have the chance of it happening to you.

In any case, I'm sorry if I came off aggressive, but you were putting words in my mouth, or at least wording your own posts poorly, and that annoyed me. I am going against my better judgement every time I post as well. I'd rather people just stop arguing about it since he has already addressed the issue and intends to fix it.

Really? At least three people have so far said they enjoy the project as-is, myself included. I only remember three people, including you, saying they don't like it. Unless you're reading for a specific word. . .

How does this not look like you telling me I dislike the project?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's absurd to suggest that people are "wimps" for not wanting to play a game where criticals can happen at any time and potentially force a reset. Perhaps it's the case that every enemy in this hack is weak enough such that it is usually possible to avoid a character death with a high probability of success, but it seems like the available space of reliable strategies is dramatically shortened. Want to expose a mage or a bow user or some other frail unit to an attack? Ever? Tough shit!

So I don't think that Fire Emblem games as they are are easy, or simple, or "wimpy".

Once you see the possible solutions I'm coming up with for the game, I think you'll understand my intended joke a bit better. Wimpy edition will take one of the compromises I work on and go the polar opposite to the 0 LCK treatment and treat Luck like a regular stat with 30 cap for everybody, allowing dodging to become rampant. It's essentially an easier version of the second version. The joke is just there to poke fun of the relative difficulty, not insult the person. Light-hearted fun here.

also chapter 1 is just not fun

aside from the fact that every single brigand on this map has a 1% chance to OHKO anyone that you have, unless i'm missing some sort of very obvious AI manipulation here, the player is forced to stall at chokepoints when the objective of the map is to seize the throne. that doesn't sound like it allows for very much strategic space...

in addition to what i said earlier here

chapter 1 is basically just like chapter 1-1 of FE10 HM except you have even fewer units at your disposal, a much larger map, and 1 of those units that you have is almost completely useless. please consider making the enemies less durable (on both ends) and/or fewer in number. i don't particularly understand why it is necessary for every enemy in this map to have 6 res when ralph is only doing 10 HP damage per hit anyway if they have 0 res (which is less than what jude does per hit and far less than 50% of the total HP of any enemy unit).

Edited by dondon151

If you guys don't have an issue when you don't get crit, why does it matter if it's fixed? The gameplay would end up the same, except you'd never have the chance of it happening to you.

Part of the fun is surviving. The author's mentioned that he's interested in making this a bit more like a roguelike--once he's properly implemented a few items (you can have tons of gimmicky 'Cloak of Good Luck' times :p ), the crit roll will just be another thing you try and mitigate. Now, if he doesn't go this way, or at least never offers an alternatives later on (huge-def characters, stat-augmentation, etc.), then I can see others having a particular issue with the hack.

I'd rather he develop it with the rogue-like intentions. Nothing's more fascinating, and thus more fun for me, than the dynamic hybrid.

Guys, I recommend splitting all these offtopic posts into a new debate topic. You're cluttering up the topic with silly arguing. I happen to know based on observation of ... all SF topics... that you guys can't let a debate end, so this topic will only get more and more cluttered.

Guys, I recommend splitting all these offtopic posts into a new debate topic. You're cluttering up the topic with silly arguing. I happen to know based on observation of ... all SF topics... that you guys can't let a debate end, so this topic will only get more and more cluttered.

It's already over. Besides, it was relevant to the hack and hack author in question, why would we make a thread to discuss someone's hack when they have a thread for that purpose >_>? I end discussions that are against the rules or getting out of hand and move them to PM, even when I am involved in them. If you viewed the forum as much as you say you'd have seen that, mister! We weren't doing anything wrong, so don't mini-mod me of all people :P.

Plus me + dondon + celice arguing in a thread = viewers. Totally doing him a favor, right?! (that was a joke, just in case)

Plus 2, hacks aren't allowed to have more than one thread.

-

Notes on C3 (C2?): Myrmidons are way too good. The only strategy I could win with consistently was to turtle again. They're better statistically than all my characters. Jude is like the only good character on the player side actually, and he can barely hit them :P. Doubling + 5 crit resulted in a lot of death.

Why is glass a female myrmidon? ...>_>

The NPC characters and enemies are all way better than all of my playable characters! Can we have an option to recruit them and ditch Ralph/Lia/Nomad Girl :P?

Why are Lances the only thing I can't buy in that chapter? Lia is like the only passable unit after Jude, I need more Lances :P!

Enemy spam. Too many of the same unit type for this kind of chapter, I thought. It's kind of an issue with all the chapters so far, but this one was better for it at least.

Overall that chapter was way easier than the previous one because of all the NPC reinforcements. But the Myrmidons are kinda ridiculous. I tried to have Lia hold off that choke point and she just got critkilled because my vulns couldn't keep up with the damage. Best strategy I could come up with was to stall around in the mountain areas.

Why in the world did you put the Devil Axe in this hack? I am never using that thing! Hahaha. Without luck to reduce the chances of it killing your own units it's a suicide weapon :P:!

Edited by Tangerine

People have said that they don't like the looks of the maps, so I'm helping Felover3 with the maps. I've remade The prologue and chapter 2 maps, he's added the prologue map to the game, but he hasn't seen the chapter 2 map yet (but I sent it to him via skype).

Anyway, I'll put the maps I make here: http://imgur.com/a/ergRO#0

Well, for the prologue map I kept the boss and cave in the same places, then I added the same amount of villages and then I tried to make it look nice.

For the chapter 2 map I kept the castle, houses, armory and forts in the same places and I used the same amount of villages and I think I moved the ruins.

So, the maps are in a way just the same maps with a lot of changes.