Could anyone please make for me new sprites for my hack ?

lecongvu

Hello.I am a big fan of Fire Emblem,and fe8 is one of mine favorite.I want to make a fe8 'advanced version' .But then i realized that i don't have any sprite skills.I can;t even draw right.So could some one please design for me some of these things detailly (cursor sprites,battle animation sprites,...):

-Byron class.

-Halberdier class.

-Marshall class.

-Sentinel class.

Thank you very much.

Edited by lecongvu

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you show some of your work, someone might help out. Nobody wants to spend time for a hack that never gets anywhere ^^.

guys, stop bullying... he's new.

now cam will be drawn to this topic!

basically, go make a thread in the hacking forum about your hack, and when you have actual progress, THEN ask for sprites. If you just come out of nowhere and ask, no one will give them to you, almost guaranteed except maybe Sholes

now cam will be drawn to this topic!

i hate you

@OP - i'm not sure if you're intending to hack this or what because "fe8 advanced" is called "fe13"

Ok I'll give you some questions which hopefully will make you understand some thing:

1. Who are you?We don't know anything about who you are, you'll pretty much be a noob in most peoples eyes.

2.What hack?You're not giving much info except for a name for all we know you haven't even started yet.

3.Why should we?Give spriters a good reason to consider making it, like a really well made have with a lot of new cool features and progress.

Edited by saifors

Free labor is a joke. Honestly, there's 0% guarantee of you actually completing this project. Do you know what this means if people actually sprite this for? It goes to waste. You need to provide some form of credentials, show you know what you're talking about and more.

tbh I'm pretty sure other people would find uses for these kinds of animations, so if you didn't finish they wouldn't be completely wasted. But I wouldn't want to make the sprites unless it was for a project I really cared about :P

Let's put it this way:

- There aren't many good, available spriters in the first place.

- Basically, all of the above spriters are already working for at least one or more projects.

- Added to the fact that the majority of these spriters mostly focus on a portrait-spriting forte, it's even less likely someone wants to go through the trouble of making 4 new animations.

- You'd get a better-quality product out of someone who's honestly trying to make something amazing, as opposed to some kind of crap sheet they have to make for some bum's project that they don't care about. Even if this project never came into fruition, the sheet would probably be relatively substandard.

- Like everyone has said earlier, "who the fuck are you," and "show us some shit, son," are a big deal around here: this is especially true because of all the big name hacks you're indubitably going to be overshadowed by, both in precedence and popularity.

- Try making some things for yourself. The majority of hackers seem to resign themselves to the fact that they "cannot" sprite. Stop being a lazy fuck, get off your ass, and just splice some shit together, yourself.

- There are already a number of available custom animations that are either open-source or require some credit to use. It's not that hard to go poking around for one of these. I'm pretty sure that there are at least 3 or 4 versions of a halberdier rolling around in SF, alone.

- A list of single words is kind of hard to work with. We can't read minds; give us some details.

Regardless, I don't believe you're going to get any sort of decent help with this. Animation spriters are even more scarce than muggers simply for the fact that battle sprites are tedious and require truckloads more frames than a standing mug. If I'd any muster to animate, myself, I sure as hell wouldn't even look twice at your project.

- There are already a number of available custom animations that are either open-source or require some credit to use. It's not that hard to go poking around for one of these. I'm pretty sure that there are at least 3 or 4 versions of a halberdier rolling around in SF, alone.

In the actual animations topic, there are two, one by TBA and one by Bonestorm. The bonestorm one doesn't even require permission, so you could use that. (Or you could get work done and try to acquire permission for one of the others; MK404 has one, and TBA has another one as well)

There are probably more by other people, too, those are just the main ones I know of.

Oh c'mon Sholes. "I see you are in need of mugs, good sir. PM me"

It's your new signature line instead of "Can I use this for my hack?"

"I see you are in need of mugs, good sir. PM me"

Hey that was in DR thread! Its called a partnership sheesh.

C'mon guys, don't be so mean. He says he's a big fan of Fire Emblem, after all! Therefore you should be perfectly happy to spend hours making battle animations for him. In fact, you should be grateful that he's offering you to have the opportunity to have your work featured in his hack. Think of the great exposure.

Edited by Anouleth

Oh c'mon Sholes. "I see you are in need of mugs, good sir. PM me"

I usually either do that if I know/like the person or like the concept of the hack/see promise, IIRC all of the hacks I've made mugs for have gotten somewhere, so maybe I'm good at judging or maybe I've just been lucky this far. :/ Meh, it's good practice anyways. :P:

I haven't done that in a while...

For one, this guy doesn't sound like English is his first language from the way he writes.

For two, the guy is new so he doesn't know the ropes or how things work.

My suggestion, point him in the right direction to learn the things he needs to learn to make his hack idea work rather than take turns picking on him.

There's cnc and there's abuse, I see little of the former. Anon and Jubby are about the only ones who have been mature enough to explain anything. And scaring away new and interested people just contributes to the demise of the community. Eventually everyone here, myself included, will move on and the FE hacking/spriting community will fall apart without new blood.

That said, I will respectfully decline the OPs request, and will possibly reconsider when he's shown improvement. And to the OP: Visit the hacking forum or look up Blazer's tutorial. Should give you a decent start. Also work on your English grammar/punctuation/tpying, less chance of people taking shots at you.

Edited by Nayr

Nayr, it's common sense that if you're going to do a hack, you announce it. Even if it's an idea. He hasn't even done that much. Literally, his one thing is "I like FE8 and I want to make a hack of it called 'FE8 Advanced' and I need sprites"

He hasn't even seemed to try spriting on his own, let alone show his work. It's one thing to not be able to sprite well, it's another to not even try it.

Why has he not posted hack progress? Why has he not even made a topic? He made this topic and only this topic. There's no hack announcement. There's no questions about hacking. Face it, it's a useless cause, unless this guy does, in fact, make something.