Event Hacking for Dummies (2nd Edition)

Arch

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other Resources

Of course, this tutorial isn't the only thing out there! So, to wrap up Event Hacking for Dummies (2nd Edition), I'd like to point you to some other, very helpful eventing resources.

• A Second Word on Events: Cam kindly wrote up his own little addendum to this tutorial, clarifying things that he felt weren't well-explained. It's definitely worth the read!
  • Simple Event Editing Tutorial by Nintenlord: A quick, down-and-dirty on basic event editing.
  • Event Assembler Sample Scripts: Definitely a helpful resource if you're looking for some samples of working chapters. Could definitely be useful to see all this stuff in action, rather than just told to you in a tutorial.
  • Event Assembler Questions Thread: The place for all of your event-related questions! Nintenlord himself checks in and answers questions at least once a week; if you're looking for help from the experts, this is the place to post.

Edited by Arch

w4Xk.png

This is the part where I get slammed for 24 consecutive posts in the same topic. Don't send me to the abyss, Vincent!

But yeah, the topic is open now. Obviously there are a few chapters that still need to be redesigned; but, for the most part, the 2nd edition of Event Hacking for Dummies is up and running! If you've got questions, comments, or if anything wasn't clear to you, just leave a reply and I'll see what can be done.

Edited by Arch

ASDF Dammit Arch.

CMDS
CMDL (Combatant) (HP) (Action) (SpecialAction)
CMDL (Combatant) (HP) (Action) (SpecialAction)
CMDL 0xFF 0xFF 0xFF 0xFF
FIG1 Attacker Defender

FE8 Scripted Battles...

FE8 Scripted Battles.

On the "Action" byte.

"0x40" triggers poison.

"0x80" is Devil (self inflicted damage)

Also for Special Actions, it DOES NOT seem like there's a Pierce. 0xC0 would be combining the bits of 0x40 and 0x80... and well, that's a "Great Shield" and "Sure Shot" combo.

Also... I've tested it... and Valter DOES NOT have the pierce hit graphic with "0xC0" on "Special Action".

And just like on FE7, you can rig battle results... just replace the FIG1 code with a: WORD 0x3F42 0x0

There's no Pierce for scripted battles. Only Sure Shot and Great Shield.

Edited by shadowofchaos