Lenh

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gSMMo.png

where's the animation at

No drive for it.

The timelapse is a really good idea! I love it.

It's a good way to look at how other spriters work and you can learn many things from it.

And it helps you realize Fire Emblem proportions are not so easy to get when you draw your character by hand. Because here your second attempt is nice but the head is really slim and long.

Well if you get out of the Fire Emblem proportions why not. But if in your sketch this guy's got a pretty (slender?) face, in the sprite it doesn't fit the original that well. You should try to play with the nose and eyes/eyebrows to find the good look.

The reason might be that we don't see his right eye in the sprite because of his hair, which reduces the width of his face.

The hair and clothes in the hair's shadow is messy too.

Keep on going! I love what you do!

Thanks for the kind comment! The timelapse was a lot easier (and free) to make than I thought it'd be, and it was also helpful for myself to see where I still struggled in my own workflow. Everyone should try it~ ^^;

I agree the sprite's face ended up being too long and shading ended up unclean; I'll try to address the stuff you mentioned and polish the shading the next time I get to sit down. Think I ended up skipping a lot of usual verification things for the recording too (asking people for critique, checking against other mugs, letting it sit and looking at it again), so I'll definitely revisit it.

I've wanted to do once since Toa showed his off. ;w;

I feel so inspirational :D

I agree with Solum that the head proportions are a bit off. I also know what you mean about recording interrupting the work flow! Normally I work on a sprite for a couple minutes at a time, but you can't really do that if you want to record.

Edited by Toa

(Hands in the air on the latest mug, I'll probably revisit it later. Did a couple of things to try putting more FE proportions in, still seems about the same to me.)

I'll hazard that it's a bouquet for his next love affair. :V

Yeah, that was the plan ^^

• 3 months later...

Aside from the new avvy (<-), I'm gonna try livestreaming a trace (Cecile, Suikoden 3) for a bit. (Break for now, might do more later)

(I've never streamed before forgive me if it messes up or I ignore/forget about chat.)

Edited by Lenh

Oh yay! Cecile's great <3

Stream's down while I go for a class, might do some more later this afternoon (if not, definitely tomorrow morning).

Edited by Lenh

Slowly WIP. (No bites today~ I'll try to have this done independently by next week and open a stream again on the T/W early AM for kicks.)

jhipu.png

[spoiler=ref]

jhed8.jpg

Edited by Lenh

Eeee Cecile. Like it so far :3 It still looks rather early in prog so I'm not sure how useful my feedback will be. The palette kinda isn't totally reminiscent of Cecile, the hair color seems just a touch too dark and I think the eyes are shaded a bit more heavily than in her artwork, but it looks like you're probably just using placeholders from FE characters so it's not a big deal. I suppose another thing is that the helmet might be a little over-shaded in parts, could possibly use some more contrasting values because it doesn't look crisp and is a little fuzzy/lumpy in parts.

2b65de8547544b72aca734b28260dce5.png

Messed with the helmet/eyes a slight bit because I was curious and I think I'm bad at explaining sometimes, take as you will <:

Thanks for the advice and the edit, mew~ (I was kind of lost on why my more finished parts still seemed wonk and that's helped out quite a bit ^^ )

(Edit:

jlHBY.png

Midweek WIP

)

Edited by Lenh

ty~ SuikIII's full of great character designs.

cecileFiv1_zpst8p50oey.png

(Finished? I'm not sure if I got the issue with the eyes cleared up.)

Edited by Lenh

• 1 month later...

Thanks all!

namnaflat3_zpsaedlezdi.png

2/5~ (Been sneaking the source in the image.) These are reduced trace/layovers of Suikoden Tierkreis characters using an RMVX character palette (just because I like the game and want to work with that particular color set~). Fairly straightforward, but still managing to fuddle the conversion~ ^^;

*shuffles back into hiding with hopes of getting the other Porpoise-kin done*

Anything in the Suikoden vein would be great! hype more hope for a revival game~

numnu_zpsnb21skj4.png

3/5 and

Buchse_zps4qx6rhxc.png

A little mixed on how certain parts are coming out, not sure if they're glaring or I've just worked them over too long.

Gonna sprite for about an hour since I have nothing better to do (but I do have to go to something afterwards). If you're interested in something quick I'll have chat open for small requests or cleanup.

http://original.livestream.com/lenhhh

Done for today. (Nearly done with the Porposkin troop, hooray!)

nomno_zpsw9bjnnzp.png

Thanks again to everyone who tuned in!

Edited by Lenh