DancingDanny's Gallery

DancingDanny

January 15, 2013 (*UPDATE*)

Garnet Til Alexandros XVII

GarnetTilAlexandros_zps6340d361.png

Okay so I realized that it's probably easier if I just put my pics straight onto my posts rather than just giving links, so from now on I'm going to give a link and post new pictures. I will still be updating the first post though, so it can be kept up! ^_^

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

January 17, 2013 (*UPDATE*)

Vampire

Vampire_zpsaa97aa0b.png

Okay so... something a little different this time! :D A few of my friends and I are doing this art challenge throughout the semester, basically just a drawing everyday. We decided that on Thursdays, we would one of us would come up with a theme, and I picked this first one! :D I went with horror/suspense/thriller. Hope you guys like it! ^_^/

I LOVE your Captain America sketch! You're improving very much. Keep it up =)

Thanks a lot, Hamlet! I'm glad you like it! :D I definitely will keep it up! ^_^

And... another update! :)

January 19, 2013 (*UPDATE*)

Lissa

Lissa_zps6bd24f95.png

Isn't she precious??? OwO

January 22, 2013 (*UPDATE*)

Splitting Image

[spoiler=Original]MintieandLethe_zpsa8f32a95.jpg

[spoiler=Edited]MintieandLethe_zps411b28d0.jpg

I have just discovered the editing program on Photobucket, and I'm having a blast!!! ^-^/ I always thought editing pictures was kind of dumb, but after actually trying it, it's really fun! :P

Edited by DancingDanny

Why do Lissa's feet look like they've been through some scene from Misery?

Um... I'm still not too great at doing feet... Especially when they turn inward... But I suppose that's just something else I'm gonna have to practice!! ^_^/

Edited by DancingDanny

(viewer discretion advised)

I meant that you should stop drawing your characters like that. I know it's supposed to be cute in that silly animu sort of way because all the cutesy Japanese girls do it, but it's really not doing your style any favours.

Oh... I see... :(

Hmm... Well, thank you for the feedback! I'll try not to do it anymore, unless it's needed for a picture. (Which I won't be doing probably until I get more practice in! :D)

Edited by DancingDanny

*breaks silence due to seeing Garnet showing up*

GARNET!!! ~<3

It's rare to see FFIX-related stuff; they're like often piled down by the rest of the series. :(

*breaks silence due to seeing Garnet showing up*

GARNET!!! ~<3

It's rare to see FFIX-related stuff; they're like often piled down by the rest of the series. :(

(It is pretty quiet around here isn't it? ^-^;)

I know right? Most of the things I see are either related to VII, XIII, or sometimes X.

Garnet is like one of my favorite characters in the series! :)

Edited by DancingDanny

I forgot to say Captain America!!!

Good god star! That guy's like a fragment of my childhood.

P.S Back on the FFIX part; I'm more of a Vivi person; but still MOAR FFIX stuff!

I forgot to say Captain America!!!

Good god star! That guy's like a fragment of my childhood.

P.S Back on the FFIX part; I'm more of a Vivi person; but still MOAR FFIX stuff!

I never really liked super heroes as a kid, but now I'm starting to get more into them! :) I really like Captain America, (it used to be just because of someone I know, but now I just really like him! :D)

I used to LOVE Vivi (still do xP) but Garnet had become my favorite! :)

Aaaand UPDATE!

(This is a pretty big one, filled with the things that I forgot to post! ^_^;

February 5th, 2013 (*UPDATE*)

Princess Peach

Peach_zps84732184.png

DancingGuy_zps313f4aed.png

Luma_zpse9165655.png

TotallySpiesWinterWonderland_zps678a74cf.png

OrcasAdventure_zps0bb51ca1.png

Tim_zps70f7c29c.png

Sorry, most of these don't have links, (I'll add them later ^-^;)

I feel like you're improving a lot! At this point, I think it would help to study different faces and expressions to help make each of your characters more distinct. A lot of your characters have very similar, cheery faces and it might help you to draw more drama-filled expressions and poses that start to tell stories as an image.

I feel like you're improving a lot! At this point, I think it would help to study different faces and expressions to help make each of your characters more distinct. A lot of your characters have very similar, cheery faces and it might help you to draw more drama-filled expressions and poses that start to tell stories as an image.

Thank you very much! ^-^ I'm super glad to hear that! :D

Mm, I get that a lot actually! ^_^; (Which means that I should definitely pay more attention xP) I have tried serious pictures before, but I usually revert back to the cheery ones! XD I will definitely try playing with different expressions and poses like you suggested! :D That shall be my drawing for tomorrow! ^_^

By the way, thank you so much for the advice! :O) It's been really helpful! :D

25 Essential Expressions

This is a well-known artist meme, but it gives you a template of boxes and a whole lot of keywords to think about. It's an excellent resource to getting started with facial expressions. Later on when you feel like challenging yourself, you can always do half-body or full-body pictures that really sell an emotion. It's fun to draw a variety of characters and push unique characteristics of who you're trying to draw, based around the personality they have.

25 Essential Expressions

This is a well-known artist meme, but it gives you a template of boxes and a whole lot of keywords to think about. It's an excellent resource to getting started with facial expressions. Later on when you feel like challenging yourself, you can always do half-body or full-body pictures that really sell an emotion. It's fun to draw a variety of characters and push unique characteristics of who you're trying to draw, based around the personality they have.

Ah! That will help a lot! Thanks! :D I'll do it when I get some time! ^_^

For now... another update~! :D

February 6, 2013 (*UPDATE*)

Kotetsu Kaburagi

Tiger_zpsf2837753.png

• 3 weeks later...

Your latest one's great! It's definitely good to see you taking that advice. The darker expression and the grittier style really tell a story.

Thanks! ^_^

Now... Huge Update time... xD

February 26th, 2013 (*UPDATE*)

The Other Side of Me

a7732dd9-7beb-4a6a-9041-7604e5691947_zpsbedf98f6.jpg

Ghostie

e6d838a6-f6bd-4f3d-b6e2-7d8003052e5a_zps9bae9acc.jpg

Hercules and Meg

9bb50d1a-c61c-4efb-b7a0-87786d29d0f3_zpsd6f42951.jpg

Mona

Mona_zpsd5fc2f76.png

Apocalypse

5f69e199-55a0-48e1-92d1-13533bdebd57_zpsba042cd4.jpg

Colors of the Wind

e8f8ef42-30b6-4950-a4d7-b9a67b414f5a_zps6c58cf37.jpg

Secret

9673c880-3ce2-4137-8e8e-bb5bcb866a0e_zpsdb5e7def.jpg

Lumpy Space Princess

LumpySpacePrincess_zps5fb7be84.jpg

Fire Emblem Awakening Family Tree

FamilyTree_zps27c51eb9.png

Whew... sorry for the huge post! ^_^; I hadn't posted in a while, so I thought I'd catch up! :)

• 1 month later...

Who is the second one? Is that, like, rule 63 Ike? Or is it just Ike? Or is it not even Ike?

Mmmm... I was kind of just playing around with fashion design using video game characters as inspiration. So it's not really supposed to be Ike or a genderbend of him, but it pretty much is! xD I'm really glad you could tell it was based on Ike though! :)